Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The OFFICIAL Thread for Bands that no one has EVER heard of!

Go down 
+19
Vexer6
ultmetal
Citanul
jettafiend
Witchfinder
mc666
80s Metal Lady
James B.
Temple of Blood
Grimmo
Orion Crystal Ice
kmorg
firestarter
Coram Deo
Fat Freddy
jstate
SpectreFate
Required Fields
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
23 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

The OFFICIAL Thread for Bands that no one has EVER heard of! Empty
PostSubject: The OFFICIAL Thread for Bands that no one has EVER heard of!   The OFFICIAL Thread for Bands that no one has EVER heard of! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 11:22 pm

Post info, vids, or comments for metal bands that no one has ever heard of - other than YOU, of course!

I'll start with a couple of favorite Minneapolis gems that you should certainly look into, if you can:

These guys opened for EVERYONE back in the day. The singer, "Gilligan", would throw out [fake] used tampons into the audience. No one has any information on his whereabouts for over 20 years now.

Bill Lidsey's [singer for Impaler] side band while Impaler took a break in 1990. This track is Doom, but most of his output was Speed Metal at the time.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28456

PostSubject: Re: The OFFICIAL Thread for Bands that no one has EVER heard of!   The OFFICIAL Thread for Bands that no one has EVER heard of! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2013 10:20 am

Never heard of this band Vile you speak of. I do, however, know of a brutal death metal band by the same name.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
SpectreFate
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

Number of posts : 1635

PostSubject: Re: The OFFICIAL Thread for Bands that no one has EVER heard of!   The OFFICIAL Thread for Bands that no one has EVER heard of! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2013 10:37 am

WHITE FEAR CHAIN.

Buddo from Last Crack and a band consisting of former REALM members. Can't find anything on Youtube.

The CD is my holy grail. I'd LOVE to have it one day.
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: The OFFICIAL Thread for Bands that no one has EVER heard of!   The OFFICIAL Thread for Bands that no one has EVER heard of! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2013 11:54 am

Quote :
Buddo from Last Crack and a band consisting of former REALM members. Can't find anything on Youtube.

The CD is my holy grail. I'd LOVE to have it one day

Sounds like I have a new holy grail too. Even if it is half as good as those band's pedigree it would be killer.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The OFFICIAL Thread for Bands that no one has EVER heard of!   The OFFICIAL Thread for Bands that no one has EVER heard of! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2013 12:15 pm

Fatal Force was a band I used to hang out with and sometimes did road crew work for. They were based out of Williamsport, Maryland. This horrible sounding demo was produced by Shannon Larkin (Wrathchild America) and released by Arena Records which was owned by Glenn Evans (Nuclear Assault).

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

PostSubject: Re: The OFFICIAL Thread for Bands that no one has EVER heard of!   The OFFICIAL Thread for Bands that no one has EVER heard of! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2013 1:18 pm

You're probably all expecting me to bring up the tr00 arkayne Staten Island steele of KILLEN aren't you? Ehehehehehehe!! Unfortunately they've become semi-infamous 'round this forum over the past couple of years, so I'll spare you.

Aside from them, I can think of a couple others off the top of my head...

I can't find YouTube evidence of either of these first two bands, but I have demo tapes from "Supremacy" and "Code 6" - a couple of local NY/NJ area bands that I saw live a couple of times each, usually opening for larger bands.

I also recently found a CD by a long-forgotten NJ thrash band called "Slaughtered Grace" at a flea market for two bucks.

Oh, and then there was Korrupt Insanity, a thrash band formed by a couple of guys from my high school. They recorded a demo after being together for about a week, played a bunch of shows over the next couple of months or a year but never really went anywhere, probably because they were pretty average. Haha

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Coram Deo
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Coram Deo

Number of posts : 254

PostSubject: Re: The OFFICIAL Thread for Bands that no one has EVER heard of!   The OFFICIAL Thread for Bands that no one has EVER heard of! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2013 1:26 pm

Cool thread!

The Coup De Grace - from minneapolis. Saw them with Cromlech, Powermad, and The Game Hens!!

Cromlech - Minneapolis

The Game Hens - Minneapolis

Back to top Go down
http://annoyedelephants.wordpress.com/
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

PostSubject: Re: The OFFICIAL Thread for Bands that no one has EVER heard of!   The OFFICIAL Thread for Bands that no one has EVER heard of! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2013 1:49 pm

The GAME HENS! Holy Crap, I have not thought about those guys in 20 years!
Back to top Go down
firestarter
Metal student
Metal student
firestarter

Number of posts : 109

PostSubject: Re: The OFFICIAL Thread for Bands that no one has EVER heard of!   The OFFICIAL Thread for Bands that no one has EVER heard of! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2013 2:25 pm

Cool thread, indeed!

Prisoner was a little german band, that I supported in the eighties. They only recorded one 4-track demo and made it on one compilation. Stuff is from 87.

Prisoner - Right Now

Prisoner - War

Those were the days...
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: The OFFICIAL Thread for Bands that no one has EVER heard of!   The OFFICIAL Thread for Bands that no one has EVER heard of! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2013 3:12 pm

Fatal Force was awesome. Someone needs to reissue that demo.

From Baltimore

Back to top Go down
Coram Deo
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Coram Deo

Number of posts : 254

PostSubject: Re: The OFFICIAL Thread for Bands that no one has EVER heard of!   The OFFICIAL Thread for Bands that no one has EVER heard of! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2013 3:40 pm

happy

Keep em coming!

Here is one from the here and now. They are getting a few comparisons to Death.

Back to top Go down
http://annoyedelephants.wordpress.com/
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: The OFFICIAL Thread for Bands that no one has EVER heard of!   The OFFICIAL Thread for Bands that no one has EVER heard of! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2013 3:56 pm

Here's Buttocks, from my town, Sarpsborg. I appologize for the video, and for providing SpectreFate and Uncle Saxon with their new favorite band.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: The OFFICIAL Thread for Bands that no one has EVER heard of!   The OFFICIAL Thread for Bands that no one has EVER heard of! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2013 5:20 pm

best band name ever
Back to top Go down
SpectreFate
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

PostSubject: Re: The OFFICIAL Thread for Bands that no one has EVER heard of!   The OFFICIAL Thread for Bands that no one has EVER heard of! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2013 5:25 pm

kmorg wrote:
Here's Buttocks, from my town, Sarpsborg. I appologize for the video, and for providing SpectreFate and Uncle Saxon with their new favorite band.

Surprised they haven't caught on.
Back to top Go down
Grimmo
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Grimmo

Number of posts : 413

PostSubject: Re: The OFFICIAL Thread for Bands that no one has EVER heard of!   The OFFICIAL Thread for Bands that no one has EVER heard of! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2013 5:45 pm

Has anyone heard of a band from New Zealand called Devout?

http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Devout/8846

I've got their e.p. Martyrdom on cassette. I met one of the band members via a friend once.
Back to top Go down
http://waynegrimsey.blogspot.com/
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: The OFFICIAL Thread for Bands that no one has EVER heard of!   The OFFICIAL Thread for Bands that no one has EVER heard of! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2013 6:01 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
WHITE FEAR CHAIN.

The CD is my holy grail. I'd LOVE to have it one day.

I really like REALM and LAST CRACK and did not enjoy this band at all.

Sometimes things look good on paper but don't work out well in real life.
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

PostSubject: Re: The OFFICIAL Thread for Bands that no one has EVER heard of!   The OFFICIAL Thread for Bands that no one has EVER heard of! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2013 6:59 pm

Thanks Kmorg - I am now blind. WTF is that singer [and I use the term lightly] wearing?
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12633

PostSubject: Re: The OFFICIAL Thread for Bands that no one has EVER heard of!   The OFFICIAL Thread for Bands that no one has EVER heard of! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2013 8:35 pm

As much as this band played around the country from 1982 till 1986, I have hardly spoke with anybody who remembers seeing them. Laughing very hard They were called Lethal Dose and hailed from San Berdoo, Calif. I joined them in 1979 and was too young to go to other circuits aside from So. Calif. being I was still in high school. We did write some originals but only demo'd twice. A tragic example of talented people getting more caught up in hookers and heroin then developing our craft to the next level.

After Lethal Dose broke up, I joined a band called Graceful Lu. We did a limited pressing of 500 EP's on Erika Records in late 1986. Most of those were destroyed when our practice room caught fire and the studio lost the master.

I got saved after that in early '87 and did sessions and temporary fill in gigs for bands associated with Sanctuary. I am sure some of those bands may have been heard of by some here.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

PostSubject: Re: The OFFICIAL Thread for Bands that no one has EVER heard of!   The OFFICIAL Thread for Bands that no one has EVER heard of! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2013 8:41 pm

Do you still have a copy of the Graceful Lu stuff, James?
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12633

PostSubject: Re: The OFFICIAL Thread for Bands that no one has EVER heard of!   The OFFICIAL Thread for Bands that no one has EVER heard of! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2013 8:50 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
Do you still have a copy of the Graceful Lu stuff, James?

Nope

I havn't seen one since before the fire.

Saw one on Ebay once.

Metal master
Metal master
80s Metal Lady

Number of posts : 896

PostSubject: Re: The OFFICIAL Thread for Bands that no one has EVER heard of!   The OFFICIAL Thread for Bands that no one has EVER heard of! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2013 8:59 pm

Yikes! The singer of Buttocks seemed to take their name literally.

I really like the songs by Prisoner.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: The OFFICIAL Thread for Bands that no one has EVER heard of!   The OFFICIAL Thread for Bands that no one has EVER heard of! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2013 10:03 pm

Nightmares End from Wisconsin. they released a demo & a pretty hard to find album in the 90's. i used to tape trade with their drummer Raven. they play a proggy/gothic sounding power metal. sort of like a Queensryche meets Fates Warning meets Nevermore.

Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7613

PostSubject: Re: The OFFICIAL Thread for Bands that no one has EVER heard of!   The OFFICIAL Thread for Bands that no one has EVER heard of! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2013 12:17 am

Ded Engine from Michigan. They might be a bit better known than some of these other bands but they are still obscure. Their sound has been described as an "Americanized Judas Priest" and that's a pretty good description. I like both of their albums Ded Engine and Hold A Grudge. Sadly, they never got signed to a real label and faded away. You can still get their albums here: http://www.leatherlore.com/dedengine/

Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

PostSubject: Re: The OFFICIAL Thread for Bands that no one has EVER heard of!   The OFFICIAL Thread for Bands that no one has EVER heard of! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2013 12:40 am

Witchfinder wrote:
Ded Engine from Michigan. They might be a bit better known than some of these other bands but they are still obscure. Their sound has been described as an "Americanized Judas Priest" and that's a pretty good description. I like both of their albums Ded Engine and Hold A Grudge. Sadly, they never got signed to a real label and faded away. You can still get their albums here: http://www.leatherlore.com/dedengine/

I remember these guys. They used to advertise their albums in the back pages of "Circus" magazine back in the day.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7613

PostSubject: Re: The OFFICIAL Thread for Bands that no one has EVER heard of!   The OFFICIAL Thread for Bands that no one has EVER heard of! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2013 2:13 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:

I remember these guys. They used to advertise their albums in the back pages of "Circus" magazine back in the day.

Yep! That was them and that's how I became aware of them.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The OFFICIAL Thread for Bands that no one has EVER heard of!   The OFFICIAL Thread for Bands that no one has EVER heard of! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The OFFICIAL Thread for Bands that no one has EVER heard of!
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next