Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New DEATH ANGEL: "Relentless Retribution"

Go down 
+15
firestarter
Fat Freddy
ultmetal
allthingsmetal
MetalH
Joe
brontotex
Lurideath
MetalGuy71
James B.
Thrasher73
nevermore
mc666
Jesusandmetal23
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Jesusandmetal23
If it jams it jams
Jesusandmetal23

Number of posts : 1023

New DEATH ANGEL: "Relentless Retribution" Empty
PostSubject: New DEATH ANGEL: "Relentless Retribution"   New DEATH ANGEL: "Relentless Retribution" Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 12:30 pm

New DEATH ANGEL: "Relentless Retribution" Deatha11

Quote :
The San Francisco bay area thrash dynamos will release 'Relentless
Retribution' on Sept. 14. In a statement, vocalist Mark Osegueda said,
"I haven't been as excited about the cover artwork on any other Death
Angel album as I am for this one! It fits the whole theme of the album!
Angry and aggressive! I think what excites me most is that Brent did
the artwork based on our lyrics! It wasn't an already finished product.
When we first saw Brent's work we were floored by the mixture of
fantasy meets reality and we knew we wanted him to do the artwork for
this album! In the end he surpassed our expectations with the fiercest
Death Angel album cover to date!"

White himself said in the same statement that "originally the theme of
this album was betrayal by those close to you and revenge against the
deceitful. After a pretty spirited conversation with Rob and emails
back and forth, the saying 'wolf in sheep's clothing' kept coming up.
Basically we danced around that metaphor till it became pretty clear
that a direct interpretation was the way to go. Illustrating betrayal
and revenge in a single piece proved to be a challenge but as I
received the lyrics to the songs things quickly fell into place."

That cover art is totally vicious, reminds me a lot of "Pleasure to Kill". Can't wait for this one
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New DEATH ANGEL: "Relentless Retribution"   New DEATH ANGEL: "Relentless Retribution" Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 12:51 pm

I don't care much for new DA, but I gotta hand it to them....they are sticking to it. Unlike some bands that get back together for one album for the nostalgia factor....
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: New DEATH ANGEL: "Relentless Retribution"   New DEATH ANGEL: "Relentless Retribution" Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 12:55 pm

thought that the last one sucked, but i'll still give this one a chance.

Jesusandmetal23
If it jams it jams
Jesusandmetal23

PostSubject: Re: New DEATH ANGEL: "Relentless Retribution"   New DEATH ANGEL: "Relentless Retribution" Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 12:58 pm

This is probably one of my most anticipated releases for this year, second to the Moshketeers reissue. I just have a feeling that this will be kickass.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: New DEATH ANGEL: "Relentless Retribution"   New DEATH ANGEL: "Relentless Retribution" Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 1:09 pm

I'm looking forward to this album!!
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: New DEATH ANGEL: "Relentless Retribution"   New DEATH ANGEL: "Relentless Retribution" Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 1:21 pm

I'll get it.I really liked Killing Season though.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: New DEATH ANGEL: "Relentless Retribution"   New DEATH ANGEL: "Relentless Retribution" Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 1:52 pm

I saw them recently here in the Sacramento area and heard a few new tunes. Just hope the rest of the new project lives up to the "angry and aggressive" description. The first reunion disc was okay and the second one kinda went south. These guys are a favorite of mine from way back when. They put on a great show. I wish them well.

Laterz

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: New DEATH ANGEL: "Relentless Retribution"   New DEATH ANGEL: "Relentless Retribution" Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 1:56 pm

Yea looking forward to new material as well. Hope the new music is as cool as that cover. I thought the reunion disc was and is awesome. Killing Season didn't impress me at first, but I've grown to enjoy it.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40559

PostSubject: Re: New DEATH ANGEL: "Relentless Retribution"   New DEATH ANGEL: "Relentless Retribution" Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 3:09 pm

I'm getting way behind on these guys. I don't have any post-reunion discs.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: New DEATH ANGEL: "Relentless Retribution"   New DEATH ANGEL: "Relentless Retribution" Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 3:14 pm

I hope its good as well. I didn't care for any of their stuff after they reformed, but I'd give this one a try.
Back to top Go down
brontotex
brontotex

Number of posts : 446

PostSubject: Re: New DEATH ANGEL: "Relentless Retribution"   New DEATH ANGEL: "Relentless Retribution" Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 7:56 pm

I love the newer stuff they've released. Caught them in hollywood last year with Armored Saint. They tore it up!!! Looking forward to this!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New DEATH ANGEL: "Relentless Retribution"   New DEATH ANGEL: "Relentless Retribution" Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 8:11 pm

I too love the new stuff. This should be great.
Back to top Go down
Joe
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

Number of posts : 1862

PostSubject: Re: New DEATH ANGEL: "Relentless Retribution"   New DEATH ANGEL: "Relentless Retribution" Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 8:21 pm

Killing Season was a "grower" for me, but I still rarely play it. But, it is Death Angel, so I have to show my Bay Area love and pick this up. Might not be a first day buy though.

Edit: Oh yeah, the cover art is sick! New DEATH ANGEL: "Relentless Retribution" 11840
Back to top Go down
MetalH
Metal master
Metal master
MetalH

Number of posts : 647

PostSubject: Re: New DEATH ANGEL: "Relentless Retribution"   New DEATH ANGEL: "Relentless Retribution" Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 10:05 pm

That is an awesome cover! I haven't picked up Killing Season yet... I should.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/bryanlovestrek
allthingsmetal
Metal student
Metal student
allthingsmetal

Number of posts : 231

PostSubject: Re: New DEATH ANGEL: "Relentless Retribution"   New DEATH ANGEL: "Relentless Retribution" Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 8:00 am

I am sooooooo looking forward to this release. I am one of those who really like their newer stuff (not as much as the older stuff but I still think it stands out more than newer dics from older bands--imo).
I am also looking forward to hearing the new Iron Maiden, Decrepit Birth, Bonded by Blood, Fueled by Fire....wow its going to be an expensive August/September.....
Back to top Go down
Jesusandmetal23
If it jams it jams
Jesusandmetal23

PostSubject: Re: New DEATH ANGEL: "Relentless Retribution"   New DEATH ANGEL: "Relentless Retribution" Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 2:56 pm

New song!! Sounds very good, except for the breakdown (WTF???). Otherwise it's classic Death Angel!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: New DEATH ANGEL: "Relentless Retribution"   New DEATH ANGEL: "Relentless Retribution" Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 3:12 pm

Cool. Sounds like Death Angel to me. September 14th, eh. Looking forward to it's release.

If it jams it jams
Jesusandmetal23

PostSubject: Re: New DEATH ANGEL: "Relentless Retribution"   New DEATH ANGEL: "Relentless Retribution" Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 11:55 pm

Another new song
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: New DEATH ANGEL: "Relentless Retribution"   New DEATH ANGEL: "Relentless Retribution" Icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 8:31 am

So who has picked this up? Thoughts?

Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: New DEATH ANGEL: "Relentless Retribution"   New DEATH ANGEL: "Relentless Retribution" Icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 10:23 am

i like it better than the last two. better songs all around.

Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: New DEATH ANGEL: "Relentless Retribution"   New DEATH ANGEL: "Relentless Retribution" Icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 11:51 am

So I've listened to this a few times already and I hate it. The best thing about this is the cover art. This band could have done so much better. I get it though, make songs for teenagers because they will buy anything while you piss off your old fan base.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New DEATH ANGEL: "Relentless Retribution"   New DEATH ANGEL: "Relentless Retribution" Icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 12:04 pm

How is this songs for teenagers, this isn't 'core at all. I'm really enjoying this album, extremely aggressive.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: New DEATH ANGEL: "Relentless Retribution"   New DEATH ANGEL: "Relentless Retribution" Icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 11:35 am

New DEATH ANGEL: "Relentless Retribution" 83628

Just caught the new D.A. video "Truce" on Music Choice last night...

I have to confess I have never been more than a casual Death Angel fan but I picked up a used copy of THE ART OF DYING a couple of weeks ago at FYE's fire sale and dug it quite a bit. Now that I've heard this, I may be snatchin' up RELENTLESS RETRIBUTION as well. headbanger

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New DEATH ANGEL: "Relentless Retribution"   New DEATH ANGEL: "Relentless Retribution" Icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 11:46 am

And you got to use Mr. Bump. Nice.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: New DEATH ANGEL: "Relentless Retribution"   New DEATH ANGEL: "Relentless Retribution" Icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 11:55 am

TheNazgul wrote:
And you got to use Mr. Bump. Nice.

I love that guy. I use him whenever possible. Laughing

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New DEATH ANGEL: "Relentless Retribution"   New DEATH ANGEL: "Relentless Retribution" Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New DEATH ANGEL: "Relentless Retribution"
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: