Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Danzig The LOst Tracks!

Go down 
+3
spiritoradio
mc666
Todd Jaymz
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Todd Jaymz
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Todd Jaymz

Number of posts : 324

Danzig The LOst Tracks! Empty
PostSubject: Danzig The LOst Tracks!   Danzig The LOst Tracks! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2007 2:33 pm

I've been enjoying these 2 cds, I haven't really like anything he's done in the past 10 years or so. The Lost Tracks are a nice comp of songs, any thoughts-TJ
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Danzig The LOst Tracks!   Danzig The LOst Tracks! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2007 3:30 pm

Like you I don't like the material over the past few years, the early stuff was great.

Are these lost tracks from the early days or does it span the entire Danzig years ?
Back to top Go down
Todd Jaymz
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Todd Jaymz

Number of posts : 324

PostSubject: Re: Danzig The LOst Tracks!   Danzig The LOst Tracks! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2007 3:46 pm

It's a mix from first to last, it come in a digipack form only 2 high with a nice billfold full of info on each song. The art work was done by Glen, I don't know if anyone remebers when he did a short stint with comics-TJ
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Danzig The LOst Tracks!   Danzig The LOst Tracks! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2007 4:58 pm

there has not been a Danzig release that i have not loved. you should really go back & listen to Luciferi & Circle Of Snakes. they are quite good.

the lost tracks is very enjoyable. i had been hoping for its release for ages. Locky, the 2 disc set spans from his first album to the last one with all unreleased material.

@TJ.. he still runs Verotik comics.

spiritoradio
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

Number of posts : 1510

PostSubject: Re: Danzig The LOst Tracks!   Danzig The LOst Tracks! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2007 5:29 pm

Doesn't this come out on Tuesday?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=507304580
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Danzig The LOst Tracks!   Danzig The LOst Tracks! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2007 10:51 am

smurf poo, i forgot about this post. Sorry.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Danzig The LOst Tracks!   Danzig The LOst Tracks! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2007 9:01 pm

mc666 wrote:
there has not been a Danzig release that i have not loved. you should really go back & listen to Luciferi & Circle Of Snakes. they are quite good.

the lost tracks is very enjoyable. i had been hoping for its release for ages. Locky, the 2 disc set spans from his first album to the last one with all unreleased material.

Agreed, I love all the Danzig stuff. Lost tracks really has a lot of excellent songs that you can't believe have been left sitting so long.

Everyone goes on about all the early stuff but his later releases are great, just more complex and need some listening time put in. Danzig 6:66 Satan's Child is a fine album. Very Danzig with a dark industrial edge to it. I luciferi is very dark and creepy, and Circle of Snakes is hard, thick and ugly sounding (in a great way) and features guitar from a favorite of mine: Tommy Victor.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Danzig The LOst Tracks!   Danzig The LOst Tracks! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2007 10:15 am

I didn't care for Danzig when he started going industrial and lost the original band members, but I'm gonna give this one a chance. I heard a song from it and liked it. Maybe hearing some of the "later" material will re-kindle my interest.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Danzig The LOst Tracks!   Danzig The LOst Tracks! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2007 10:49 am

Metalguy,

If you like the early stuff I don't think you could go wrong with this set has it has several excellent classic tracks with that Danzig sound. Also has some great later era stuff that might get you into the newer stuff. Also some awesome covers of David Bowie, T Rex and the Germs.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Danzig The LOst Tracks!   Danzig The LOst Tracks! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2007 10:52 am

firestar wrote:
Metalguy,

If you like the early stuff I don't think you could go wrong with this set has it has several excellent classic tracks with that Danzig sound. Also has some great later era stuff that might get you into the newer stuff. Also some awesome covers of David Bowie, T Rex and the Germs.

Cool. Cover tunes always get me interested. I'll have to check this one out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Danzig The LOst Tracks!   Danzig The LOst Tracks! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2007 1:03 pm

youtube has a new video up for a song off lost tracks. As usual with Danzig videos it is pretty cheesy but its a good song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntlJVqW_Lpg
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Danzig The LOst Tracks!   Danzig The LOst Tracks! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 2:16 pm

I picked this up last week and have been giving it a lot of spins since then. It has some really great tunes on it. Too bad they never made it to their original albums, but I guess it works out better this way. I like that he put them out in one package instead of re-releasing the original recordings with these tracks tacked on. I'll tell you this, it's got me interested in Danzig again. I even broke out the debut cd the other night at home.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Danzig The LOst Tracks!   Danzig The LOst Tracks! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 2:31 pm

I like this collection. I prefer disk one though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Danzig The LOst Tracks!   Danzig The LOst Tracks! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 2:35 pm

I love Danzig, and with "Circle Of Snakes" this release is extremely good! However, "I Luciferi" was a masterpiece in my opinion.... Can't wait for a new Danzig album! 🤘
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Danzig The LOst Tracks!   Danzig The LOst Tracks! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 2:35 pm

akeldama wrote:
I like this collection. I prefer disk one though.

Disc 1 has less of the industrial-tinged music that's on disc 2 to it, but I'm kinda digging it as well. But of the 2, I think I like disc 1 slightly better too.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Danzig The LOst Tracks!   Danzig The LOst Tracks! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 9:26 pm

firestar wrote:
youtube has a new video up for a song off lost tracks. As usual with Danzig videos it is pretty cheesy but its a good song.

[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntlJVqW_Lpg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntlJVqW_Lpg[/quote[/url]]

ahh so thats what album that song is on lol... I kept looking for it through the cds and I just had no clue. Now I know next time I go to the used store im definetly picking it up. I had it in my hand every time I go there but decide not to get it when I get ready to leave. I dont know why but I just dont buy it. I will next time though, but watch it will be gone =o(
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Danzig The LOst Tracks!   Danzig The LOst Tracks! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 10:47 am

[quote="Phoenix Reign Drummer"]
firestar wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntlJVqW_Lpg[/quote]

ahh so thats what album that song is on lol... I kept looking for it through the cds and I just had no clue. Now I know next time I go to the used store im definetly picking it up. I had it in my hand every time I go there but decide not to get it when I get ready to leave. I dont know why but I just dont buy it. I will next time though, but watch it will be gone =o(

The booklet has some nekked boobies in it too. That's always a plus.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Danzig The LOst Tracks!   Danzig The LOst Tracks! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 4:00 pm

[quote="MetalGuy71"]
Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
firestar wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntlJVqW_Lpg[/quote]

The booklet has some nekked boobies in it too. That's always a plus.

SOLD!!! I'll be getting it later on this afternoon lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Danzig The LOst Tracks!   Danzig The LOst Tracks! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 5:47 pm

mc666 wrote:

@TJ.. he still runs Verotik comics.

I think that Glen is physically incable of making bad music.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Danzig The LOst Tracks!   Danzig The LOst Tracks! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Danzig The LOst Tracks!
Page 1 of 1