Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Intense Millennium Records to re-release Frontline Catalog

Go down 
+31
stevegarveyfan
JBall_Z
Ben Grimm
kethdredd
scottmitchell74
Dave the Boss
Addy
Joe
shamgar75
powermacho
Stender
MetalGuy71
kmorg
Thrasher73
thejokeriv
Hamer12
intensemillennium
exact33
ultmetal
325ad
Jesusandmetal23
Fat Freddy
Glenn Rogers
James B.
stepcousin
Shiney
Rex
Orion Crystal Ice
JayW
BillRoxx
35 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

Intense Millennium Records to re-release Frontline Catalog - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Intense Millennium Records to re-release Frontline Catalog   Intense Millennium Records to re-release Frontline Catalog - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 02, 2010 7:59 am

Locky wrote:
Any prizes for guessing who the GD is ?

Jim Heru
http://jamesheruportfolio.carbonmade.com/
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: Intense Millennium Records to re-release Frontline Catalog   Intense Millennium Records to re-release Frontline Catalog - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 9:21 am

Sweet Jesus, those reissue covers are total shite. I hate that modern photoshop crap. If you make a new cover, at least let someone paint a proper new cover instead of rehashing the original in photoshop. If you ask me, photoshop covers are one of the worst things that ever happened to metal. Ugh.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Intense Millennium Records to re-release Frontline Catalog   Intense Millennium Records to re-release Frontline Catalog - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 9:53 am

I think sometimes the new covers are too 'artsy' for their own good. I know people want to update and modernize but there is a strong argument for being faithful to the original.

PostSubject: Re: Intense Millennium Records to re-release Frontline Catalog   Intense Millennium Records to re-release Frontline Catalog - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 12:51 pm

Exact said what I was thinking. But I think a new hand done cover can be ok in some instances.
Back to top Go down
kethdredd
Metal master
Metal master
kethdredd

Number of posts : 559

PostSubject: Re: Intense Millennium Records to re-release Frontline Catalog   Intense Millennium Records to re-release Frontline Catalog - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 5:23 pm

Does anyone have a complete listing of the entire catalog? I'd like to see what MIGHT become available.
Back to top Go down
Ben Grimm
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Ben Grimm

Number of posts : 450

PostSubject: Re: Intense Millennium Records to re-release Frontline Catalog   Intense Millennium Records to re-release Frontline Catalog - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 5:59 pm

It is not unheard of for remasters/re-releases to get an update in the cover art, and logo. I do like the update in the logo, that is pretty cool. I like the Human Sacrifice cover, it does lose some of the impact that the original cover has, the nail through the hand the blood the wood of the cross....the intensity of it is missing with the updated cover.

The Once Dead cover is ok, not that the original cover was great, I agree with what was said earlier a bad version of Thriller, but the new cover makes me think that they are releasing the Vengeance releases with a hand theme ( I assume that Destructuion Comes and Released Upon the Earth will have hands on the new cover too) I do like the idea of including the original cover art I don't know that I'd choose to turn that cover out because this is a reissue and not the original that is the reissue cover .....I have the originals.

Aside from the Vengeance Rising albums I did not see anything on the poll that interested me I still have a few of those albums but they are dated and more of a novelity to me now, I don't need a new version. I would like to know what other album were released under the Intense Frontline group, there may be some albums I missed that I did want but never found a copy
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/inedibleben
Ben Grimm
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Ben Grimm

PostSubject: Re: Intense Millennium Records to re-release Frontline Catalog   Intense Millennium Records to re-release Frontline Catalog - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 6:01 pm

I forgot please avoid the digipak if you can
Back to top Go down
Jesusandmetal23
If it jams it jams
Jesusandmetal23

Number of posts : 1023

PostSubject: Re: Intense Millennium Records to re-release Frontline Catalog   Intense Millennium Records to re-release Frontline Catalog - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 6:02 pm

Ben Grimm wrote:
I forgot please avoid the digipak if you can

This.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Intense Millennium Records to re-release Frontline Catalog   Intense Millennium Records to re-release Frontline Catalog - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 11:06 pm

Ben Grimm wrote:
It is not unheard of for remasters/re-releases to get an update in the cover art, and logo. I do like the update in the logo, that is pretty cool. I like the Human Sacrifice cover, it does lose some of the impact that the original cover has, the nail through the hand the blood the wood of the cross....the intensity of it is missing with the updated cover.

The Once Dead cover is ok, not that the original cover was great, I agree with what was said earlier a bad version of Thriller, but the new cover makes me think that they are releasing the Vengeance releases with a hand theme ( I assume that Destructuion Comes and Released Upon the Earth will have hands on the new cover too) I do like the idea of including the original cover art I don't know that I'd choose to turn that cover out because this is a reissue and not the original that is the reissue cover .....I have the originals.

Aside from the Vengeance Rising albums I did not see anything on the poll that interested me I still have a few of those albums but they are dated and more of a novelity to me now, I don't need a new version. I would like to know what other album were released under the Intense Frontline group, there may be some albums I missed that I did want but never found a copy

I think one of the best things about the re-releases is now all those who make the argument for illegal downloading will finally have to be quiet because the albums will be back in print and readily available.

JBall_Z
Metal master
Metal master
JBall_Z

Number of posts : 919

PostSubject: Re: Intense Millennium Records to re-release Frontline Catalog   Intense Millennium Records to re-release Frontline Catalog - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 11:55 pm

Shiney wrote:
Awesome stuff...especially the BLOODGOOD....imo.

I agree 100% with Shiney. This is great news.
Back to top Go down
stevegarveyfan
Metal master
Metal master
stevegarveyfan

Number of posts : 613

PostSubject: Re: Intense Millennium Records to re-release Frontline Catalog   Intense Millennium Records to re-release Frontline Catalog - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 1:41 am

The Once Dead cover reminds me of Dark Angel's "Darkness Descends".
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

PostSubject: Re: Intense Millennium Records to re-release Frontline Catalog   Intense Millennium Records to re-release Frontline Catalog - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 9:45 am

TheNazgul wrote:
Exact said what I was thinking. But I think a new hand done cover can be ok in some instances.

Yeah definitely. I have no problem at all with a new proper cover. In some instances I prefer that actually.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Intense Millennium Records to re-release Frontline Catalog   Intense Millennium Records to re-release Frontline Catalog - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 12:14 pm

'Released Upon The Earth' will have, in fact, a legion of hands descending down and running amok on all the steppes and tundras of the world, hence the title 'Released Upon The Earth'.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Intense Millennium Records to re-release Frontline Catalog   Intense Millennium Records to re-release Frontline Catalog - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 12:18 pm

Dave the Boss wrote:
TheNazgul wrote:

Yeah definitely. I have no problem at all with a new proper cover. In some instances I prefer that actually.

which it would be nice if both the new cover and old were included. Win win situation.

Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

PostSubject: Re: Intense Millennium Records to re-release Frontline Catalog   Intense Millennium Records to re-release Frontline Catalog - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 3:06 pm

exact33 wrote:
Dave the Boss wrote:
TheNazgul wrote:

which it would be nice if both the new cover and old were included. Win win situation.

Indeed. A good example of this would be the reissue of Manilla Road's Mystification. This is the new cover:

Intense Millennium Records to re-release Frontline Catalog - Page 4 Manilla+Road+-+Mystification+-+Front

While the flip side of the booklet had the original:

Intense Millennium Records to re-release Frontline Catalog - Page 4 200px-Manilla_road_mystification_original
Back to top Go down
intensemillennium
Metal novice
Metal novice
intensemillennium

Number of posts : 7

PostSubject: Re: Intense Millennium Records to re-release Frontline Catalog   Intense Millennium Records to re-release Frontline Catalog - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 2:25 pm

PRESS RELEASE
July 5th, 2010

Intense Millennium Records is happy to announce addition details in regards to the upcoming Frontline Music Catalog Collectors Edition Reissues.

Pastor Bob Beeman of Sanctuary International has signed on with us to provide liner notes on a number of titles that will be released in 2011, as well as the first 5 titles to be released in November of 2010. Pastor Bob had written introductions to most of the titles released on the original Intense Records label.

We also want you the fans toknow that we have been listening to the numerous comments that we have been receiving. First we would like to address the controversy in regards to the new artwork produced. We will still be using all new artwork for the covers, however we have found a solution in regards to people's wishes for the preservation of the original cover art. All releases will have reversible covers with the original covers. You will have the option of displaying the new or original cover.

We are working hard on collecting as much bonus material as possible for each of the releases. So far we have some awesome never before released live recordings and demo recordings.

Preorders will begin on August 1st for our first five titles. We have some special treats that will be available to those that preorder early. As well there will be a discounted package available for a limited time for those that wish to pick up all five titles.

The first 5 titles that will be released are:

Vengeance
- Human Sacrifice
Few albums can claim to have started a musical movement like "Human Sacrifice". While thrash metal had already been well established by 1988, only a handful of bands had attempted to combine such fast, heavy music with lyrics reflecting faith in Christ. None of these bands had released anything more than demos or a couple tracks on compilations
until this monster of an album came roaring onto the scene. Fusing fast riffing, driving bass and drums, hyper-speed bluesy lead guitar, and just enough melody to make things more memorable, "Human Sacrifice" did more than just introduce Christianity to the genre - it
revolutionized the developing style of "Christian metal" in a way no previous band or album had done. Vengeance Rising raised the stakes and gave fellow thrashers a unique album that set the bar for future releases.

Vengeance Rising -
Once Dead
Where Vengeance Rising's debut "Human Sacrifice" stormed onto the scene and created quite a stir, "Once Dead" tightened the thrash attack into a well-oiled machine. While
the band's debut was experimental and diverse, "Once Dead" was a snapshot of a band seasoned by touring and songwriting, with a more consistent approach that capitalized on thrash metal's calling card - velocity. Vengeance Rising's second album is rife with fast, thrashy anthems that take their sound to the next level, ramping up the volume, intensity, and energy even more. When other thrash bands were starting to slow down, Vengeance Rising took the opposite approach for maximum effect.

Sacred Warrior
- Rebellion
The burgeoning Christian metal movement had several notable bands by the mid 1980's. None, however, took the progressive elements of pioneers like Queensryche and Fates
Warning
and combined them with the pure energy and heaviness present in much of the thrash metal of the time. Enter Sacred Warrior - a band that skillfully and successfully combined these two elements to create a metallic attack that rivaled many of their contemporaries, and stands the test of time as one of the greats of the era. “Rebellion”, the band’s auspicious debut, capitalizes on that potent mixture by offering up searing riffs,
lightning fast solos, soaring vocals, and a rhythm section that thundered with authority.

Bloodgood - Bloodgood
Heavy Metal has been accused by its detractors as all sounding the same. While the mid-80’s saw a glut of metal bands cashing in on the style,many of which sounded the same as the next band, no one could accuse Bloodgood of being a sound-alike. Combining a melodic, classic heavy metal approach with the uniquely operatic vocals of Les Carlson, Bloodgood carved out its own niche in the metal scene by offering up listeners a potent mix of high-pitched vocal wails, melodic yet energetic guitar riffing, a tight rhythm section, and memorable songs that would stay with you for weeks. This powerful blend came shining through on Bloodgood’s self-titled debut album, and quickly set the bar for metal bands
wishing to share their faith with the world.

Bloodgood - Detonation
Bloodgood’s second album, “Detonation”, was the perfect follow-up to their high-energy debut, and raised the bar even higher for faith-based metal bands. The fast songs were
faster, the emotion in the songs was more intense, and the musical attack was tighter. The lyrics were also stronger, as the band took on some fairly unpopular topics like suicide and homelessness. Truly a landmark album in the scene, this classic contains the duo of songs “Crucify” and “Messiah” that showed what a real metal band could do with such emotionally charged subject matter and pull it off with such ease.

Intense Millennium Records is dedicated to releasing fully licensed material from one of the most prolific group of record labels to exist in the Christian Metal scene, the Intense/Frontline/Alarma Records group.

Visit our website at: http://www.intensemillennium.com to stay up to date on the latest news.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

PostSubject: Re: Intense Millennium Records to re-release Frontline Catalog   Intense Millennium Records to re-release Frontline Catalog - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 5:26 pm

See, both covers, now you guys can't complain. Intense Millennium Records to re-release Frontline Catalog - Page 4 Lol

But the other questions... Are these remastered from any of the original tapes, and then also, will you be able to spare us the horrors of the digipak? Intense Millennium Records to re-release Frontline Catalog - Page 4 Lol
Back to top Go down
intensemillennium
Metal novice
Metal novice
intensemillennium

Number of posts : 7

PostSubject: Re: Intense Millennium Records to re-release Frontline Catalog   Intense Millennium Records to re-release Frontline Catalog - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 5:28 pm

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
See, both covers, now you guys can't complain. Intense Millennium Records to re-release Frontline Catalog - Page 4 Lol

But the other questions... Are these remastered from any of the original tapes, and then also, will you be able to spare us the horrors of the digipak? Intense Millennium Records to re-release Frontline Catalog - Page 4 Lol

The question of the source files will most likely vary from title to title. It will depend on what the owner has to be able to provide for each title.

NO DIGIPAKS...EVER! That is a promise!
Back to top Go down
Ben Grimm
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Ben Grimm

PostSubject: Re: Intense Millennium Records to re-release Frontline Catalog   Intense Millennium Records to re-release Frontline Catalog - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 10:51 pm

intensemillennium wrote:

My hero!!!!! Intense Millennium Records to re-release Frontline Catalog - Page 4 25679
Back to top Go down
ryanmetalman
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ryanmetalman

Number of posts : 274

PostSubject: Re: Intense Millennium Records to re-release Frontline Catalog   Intense Millennium Records to re-release Frontline Catalog - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 1:58 pm

intensemillennium wrote:

I smurfing love you!
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Intense Millennium Records to re-release Frontline Catalog   Intense Millennium Records to re-release Frontline Catalog - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 9:12 pm

Sacred Warrior cover
Intense Millennium Records to re-release Frontline Catalog - Page 4 01AweCYn3Ol4sAWg8BAAByfmxw7Po:

Thoughts?

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

PostSubject: Re: Intense Millennium Records to re-release Frontline Catalog   Intense Millennium Records to re-release Frontline Catalog - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 9:16 pm

1. Huh?
2. Cool logo
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Intense Millennium Records to re-release Frontline Catalog   Intense Millennium Records to re-release Frontline Catalog - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 9:29 pm

looks WAY symphonic-ky goth like. Intense Millennium Records to re-release Frontline Catalog - Page 4 Icon_evil
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

PostSubject: Re: Intense Millennium Records to re-release Frontline Catalog   Intense Millennium Records to re-release Frontline Catalog - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 10:03 pm

Yikes. That's ugly as hell.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1773

PostSubject: Re: Intense Millennium Records to re-release Frontline Catalog   Intense Millennium Records to re-release Frontline Catalog - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 10:27 pm

I don't like that the logo of the bands are being changed too. That is something that only the band can decide, and should not change.

So if there are going to be new covers, don't change the logo of the bands
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Intense Millennium Records to re-release Frontline Catalog   Intense Millennium Records to re-release Frontline Catalog - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Intense Millennium Records to re-release Frontline Catalog
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next