Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Intense Millennium Records to re-release Frontline Catalog

Go down 
+31
stevegarveyfan
JBall_Z
Ben Grimm
kethdredd
scottmitchell74
Dave the Boss
Addy
Joe
shamgar75
powermacho
Stender
MetalGuy71
kmorg
Thrasher73
thejokeriv
Hamer12
intensemillennium
exact33
ultmetal
325ad
Jesusandmetal23
Fat Freddy
Glenn Rogers
James B.
stepcousin
Shiney
Rex
Orion Crystal Ice
JayW
BillRoxx
35 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
intensemillennium
Metal novice
Metal novice
intensemillennium

Number of posts : 7

Intense Millennium Records to re-release Frontline Catalog - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Intense Millennium Records to re-release Frontline Catalog   Intense Millennium Records to re-release Frontline Catalog - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 1:15 pm

Hey guys, glad to see so much excitement over this!

To answer the questions surrounding the VR reissues. The rights have been secured through KMG Music who is the owner of the material as they purchased the Frontline/Intense catalog out many years ago.

As for writers/publishing royalties we are required to pay them and whoever is listed as a writer will receive payment. We'd be happy to help anyone that is credited as a writer contact the individual that these payments are being issued to.

Thanks, and we're looking forward to releasing many of these classics!
Back to top Go down
Hamer12
Metal master
Metal master
Hamer12

Number of posts : 828

PostSubject: Re: Intense Millennium Records to re-release Frontline Catalog   Intense Millennium Records to re-release Frontline Catalog - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 1:16 pm

Oh Yeah!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Intense Millennium Records to re-release Frontline Catalog   Intense Millennium Records to re-release Frontline Catalog - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 1:27 pm

Glenn Rogers wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
Rex wrote:
How did you get Roger to agree to this?

Don't think Roger has a choice. Intense still owns the rights to those albums. Of course, royalities will have to be paid out, so I doubt he'll have too much of a problem with it.

I hope your right,but I dont think they will...

You deserved to get paid - I hope you do
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Intense Millennium Records to re-release Frontline Catalog   Intense Millennium Records to re-release Frontline Catalog - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 1:28 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Jesusandmetal23 wrote:
Arent we sorta screwing Roger over here? I'm not so sure about this...

Maybe they made him an offer he couldn't refuse...

He woke up with a horse's head in his bed
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Intense Millennium Records to re-release Frontline Catalog   Intense Millennium Records to re-release Frontline Catalog - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 1:28 pm

intensemillennium wrote:
Hey guys, glad to see so much excitement over this!

To answer the questions surrounding the VR reissues. The rights have been secured through KMG Music who is the owner of the material as they purchased the Frontline/Intense catalog out many years ago.

As for writers/publishing royalties we are required to pay them and whoever is listed as a writer will receive payment. We'd be happy to help anyone that is credited as a writer contact the individual that these payments are being issued to.

Thanks, and we're looking forward to releasing many of these classics!

Make sure Glenn gets paid - he deserves it
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Intense Millennium Records to re-release Frontline Catalog   Intense Millennium Records to re-release Frontline Catalog - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 1:36 pm

Sounds good to me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Intense Millennium Records to re-release Frontline Catalog   Intense Millennium Records to re-release Frontline Catalog - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 2:10 pm

Intense Millennium Records to re-release Frontline Catalog - Page 2 Venoncedeadnew-smallIntense Millennium Records to re-release Frontline Catalog - Page 2 Venhumansacnew-small

ultmetal wrote:
I'm pretty sure they will not be changing the cover art on the VR releases.

Wrong!

Me no likey. I guess I don't get why they "have the rights" but can't use the original artwork? Intense Millennium Records to re-release Frontline Catalog - Page 2 Icon_scratch
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Intense Millennium Records to re-release Frontline Catalog   Intense Millennium Records to re-release Frontline Catalog - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 2:16 pm

This is both cool, and uncool. I love that these will be available again, but I HATE when they change the art.

Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: Intense Millennium Records to re-release Frontline Catalog   Intense Millennium Records to re-release Frontline Catalog - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 2:18 pm

I sense that this thread is destined for stinkiness....

PostSubject: Re: Intense Millennium Records to re-release Frontline Catalog   Intense Millennium Records to re-release Frontline Catalog - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 2:22 pm

kmorg wrote:
This is both cool, and uncool. I love that these will be available again, but I HATE when they change the art.

I agree. Deliverance's River Disturbance is the only improved art I have seen on a reissue.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Intense Millennium Records to re-release Frontline Catalog   Intense Millennium Records to re-release Frontline Catalog - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 2:23 pm

Deeds_Of_A_Dead_Soul wrote:
Intense Millennium Records to re-release Frontline Catalog - Page 2 Venoncedeadnew-smallIntense Millennium Records to re-release Frontline Catalog - Page 2 Venhumansacnew-small

ultmetal wrote:
I'm pretty sure they will not be changing the cover art on the VR releases.

Wrong!

Me no likey. I guess I don't get why they "have the rights" but can't use the original artwork? Intense Millennium Records to re-release Frontline Catalog - Page 2 Icon_scratch

Wow! That's too bad. That's not what I was told, but whatever. I personally would much rather have the original artwork.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Intense Millennium Records to re-release Frontline Catalog   Intense Millennium Records to re-release Frontline Catalog - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 2:23 pm

Quote :
As well each release will have brand new artwork based on the original cover designs,

You chuckleheads need to read the press releases better. Intense Millennium Records to re-release Frontline Catalog - Page 2 Icon_razz

Sounds like a nice project, but honestly, none of the bands mentioned do a thing for me. But that's just me.

Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Intense Millennium Records to re-release Frontline Catalog   Intense Millennium Records to re-release Frontline Catalog - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 2:27 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Quote :
As well each release will have brand new artwork based on the original cover designs,

You chuckleheads need to read the press releases better. Intense Millennium Records to re-release Frontline Catalog - Page 2 Icon_razz

Sounds like a nice project, but honestly, none of the bands mentioned do a thing for me. But that's just me.

Like I said, Bill had made mention to me over the phone that they wouldn't be changing the artwork on the VR releases. Personally I prefer the original covers. I'm not sure why they feel the need to "update" the artwork on "classic" releases. Just my opinion, but the VR covers were great the way they were.

PostSubject: Re: Intense Millennium Records to re-release Frontline Catalog   Intense Millennium Records to re-release Frontline Catalog - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 2:29 pm

They probably changed the HS cover so they didn't have to pay royalties for Bob Beeman's hand. Intense Millennium Records to re-release Frontline Catalog - Page 2 Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Intense Millennium Records to re-release Frontline Catalog   Intense Millennium Records to re-release Frontline Catalog - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 2:31 pm

I really really like the 'Human Sacrifice' one, but the original... I mean, it's Bob's hand! It's classic. Intense Millennium Records to re-release Frontline Catalog - Page 2 Icon_razz Then again..............wouldn't the point be more that attention should be more diverted to the idea of the hand of Jesus? AMIRITE? AMIRITE??????

'Once Dead' cover should have been the original with just maybe that newer logo, a color change here and there.
Back to top Go down
intensemillennium
Metal novice
Metal novice
intensemillennium

PostSubject: Re: Intense Millennium Records to re-release Frontline Catalog   Intense Millennium Records to re-release Frontline Catalog - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 2:43 pm

I'm enjoying the feedback on the album art changes. I'm thinking that maybe we could do something like on one side of the booklet use the new cover art, and on the flip use the original artwork. This would allow people to chose which art they would like displayed.

Thoughts?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Intense Millennium Records to re-release Frontline Catalog   Intense Millennium Records to re-release Frontline Catalog - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 2:43 pm

If you do that then why have the new art at all? Just a thought.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Intense Millennium Records to re-release Frontline Catalog   Intense Millennium Records to re-release Frontline Catalog - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 2:46 pm

This is rad news, but I refuse to buy those VR reissues if the art is not left alone...co'mon those new ones are horrible!
Back to top Go down
intensemillennium
Metal novice
Metal novice
intensemillennium

PostSubject: Re: Intense Millennium Records to re-release Frontline Catalog   Intense Millennium Records to re-release Frontline Catalog - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 2:47 pm

Nothing wrong with giving a new interpretation on something. Besides if there is an option to which side you'd like to display that would be a win for fans that wants to see the original.

Last edited by intensemillennium on Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37644

PostSubject: Re: Intense Millennium Records to re-release Frontline Catalog   Intense Millennium Records to re-release Frontline Catalog - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 2:48 pm

...probably cuz they already paid some graphic designer guy to come up with new stuff. Laughing

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Intense Millennium Records to re-release Frontline Catalog   Intense Millennium Records to re-release Frontline Catalog - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 2:55 pm

Personally I REALLLLLLLY hate the idea of changing the original logo, even if you do change the artwork. It's a classic logo from a classic thrash band. I suppose if it was a new album by said band, then the logo could be updated like Deliverance have done over the years. However, these are two classic thrash albums and should be left alone!

PostSubject: Re: Intense Millennium Records to re-release Frontline Catalog   Intense Millennium Records to re-release Frontline Catalog - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 2:58 pm

Maybe take the "Rising" off Human Sacrifice?
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Intense Millennium Records to re-release Frontline Catalog   Intense Millennium Records to re-release Frontline Catalog - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 3:07 pm

I personally don't mind changing or updating the artwork for re-releases as long as it's done right and it's not just a cheap re-do. It helps it stand-out from the original releases as well.

As for the VR discussion, I like the idea of having both covers. Let the owner decide what cover they want to see.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Intense Millennium Records to re-release Frontline Catalog   Intense Millennium Records to re-release Frontline Catalog - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 3:55 pm

The "Once Dead" cover is an improvement - the original looks like something out of Michael Jackson's Thriller video
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Intense Millennium Records to re-release Frontline Catalog   Intense Millennium Records to re-release Frontline Catalog - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 4:06 pm

But now they both have hands on them. And not even minority hands. BOO!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Intense Millennium Records to re-release Frontline Catalog   Intense Millennium Records to re-release Frontline Catalog - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Intense Millennium Records to re-release Frontline Catalog
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next