Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Intense Millennium Records to re-release Frontline Catalog

Go down 
+31
stevegarveyfan
JBall_Z
Ben Grimm
kethdredd
scottmitchell74
Dave the Boss
Addy
Joe
shamgar75
powermacho
Stender
MetalGuy71
kmorg
Thrasher73
thejokeriv
Hamer12
intensemillennium
exact33
ultmetal
325ad
Jesusandmetal23
Fat Freddy
Glenn Rogers
James B.
stepcousin
Shiney
Rex
Orion Crystal Ice
JayW
BillRoxx
35 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

Intense Millennium Records to re-release Frontline Catalog - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Intense Millennium Records to re-release Frontline Catalog   Intense Millennium Records to re-release Frontline Catalog - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 10:34 pm

SW had a different logo on each cover, very likely no official logo, very likely it was never even that important....

I do like the logo on it.........it's very in the character of the old school heavy/power metal that SW played..

Again, though, the artwork, "huh?" .. I don't hate it although I think the lack of color seems like an easy way out of making it better... Mostly I just have no idea what it's supposed to be or how it relates to the spirit of the record. Intense Millennium Records to re-release Frontline Catalog - Page 5 Icon_razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Intense Millennium Records to re-release Frontline Catalog   Intense Millennium Records to re-release Frontline Catalog - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 10:35 pm

That's better looking than what I was told almost was the cover which was something akin to The LA Guns American Hardcore CD cover...... sick
Back to top Go down
Jesusandmetal23
If it jams it jams
Jesusandmetal23

Number of posts : 1023

PostSubject: Re: Intense Millennium Records to re-release Frontline Catalog   Intense Millennium Records to re-release Frontline Catalog - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 10:36 pm

Inspector Fate wrote:
That's better looking than what I was told almost was the cover which was something akin to The LA Guns American Hardcore CD cover...... sick

Yeah the other one had some guy writing graffiti. This one sucks but isnt as bad as that one.
Back to top Go down
Jesusandmetal23
If it jams it jams
Jesusandmetal23

Number of posts : 1023

PostSubject: Re: Intense Millennium Records to re-release Frontline Catalog   Intense Millennium Records to re-release Frontline Catalog - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 10:38 pm

Oh well, My favorite SW album is being reissued and I finally get a chance to get it on CD. The logo rules, and the art is better than the original.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12614

PostSubject: Re: Intense Millennium Records to re-release Frontline Catalog   Intense Millennium Records to re-release Frontline Catalog - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 10:44 pm

The music is what matters Intense Millennium Records to re-release Frontline Catalog - Page 5 11840

No matter what they do....keep it the same as the old or make it new ?

Some folks will be cool with it and others, well not.

I am happy this is happening.

Laterz !

Metal master
Metal master
stevegarveyfan

Number of posts : 613

PostSubject: Re: Intense Millennium Records to re-release Frontline Catalog   Intense Millennium Records to re-release Frontline Catalog - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 10:57 pm

I kinda like the new Sacred Warrior cover.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Intense Millennium Records to re-release Frontline Catalog   Intense Millennium Records to re-release Frontline Catalog - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 8:04 am

ultmetal wrote:
Sacred Warrior cover
Intense Millennium Records to re-release Frontline Catalog - Page 5 01AweCYn3Ol4sAWg8BAAByfmxw7Po:

Thoughts?

This looks like that last Alter Bridge cover...

tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Intense Millennium Records to re-release Frontline Catalog   Intense Millennium Records to re-release Frontline Catalog - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 8:07 am

It looks like the guy on the cover stole Pinhead's clothes and Liberace's feathers.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Intense Millennium Records to re-release Frontline Catalog   Intense Millennium Records to re-release Frontline Catalog - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 2:48 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Sacred Warrior cover
Intense Millennium Records to re-release Frontline Catalog - Page 5 01AweCYn3Ol4sAWg8BAAByfmxw7Po:

Thoughts?

"Long hair parted between the eyes
Silk pants wrapped tight around your thighs
Each day goes by you're living a dream"

OK, I am one of those who wants see the original art stay put. I have many memories to my music, and the artwork is an important part of that. So even though the original art wasn't all that, it is still my visual part of the "Rebellion" experiense. This new one looks too goth....

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Intense Millennium Records to re-release Frontline Catalog   Intense Millennium Records to re-release Frontline Catalog - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 3:35 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Sacred Warrior cover

Thoughts?

Is that the new H.I.M. album and will be available at Hot Topic?
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

PostSubject: Re: Intense Millennium Records to re-release Frontline Catalog   Intense Millennium Records to re-release Frontline Catalog - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 3:52 pm

It will be available at Hot Topic. Kids will rave and say it sounds like White Wizzard.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Intense Millennium Records to re-release Frontline Catalog   Intense Millennium Records to re-release Frontline Catalog - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 7:35 pm

kmorg wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
Sacred Warrior cover

Thoughts?

"Long hair parted between the eyes
Silk pants wrapped tight around your thighs
Each day goes by you're living a dream"

OK, I am one of those who wants see the original art stay put. I have many memories to my music, and the artwork is an important part of that. So even though the original art wasn't all that, it is still my visual part of the "Rebellion" experiense. This new one looks too goth....

with you on this one kurt. I prefer the original art by a mile. Its how it was released and its how it should be re-released.

ryanmetalman
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ryanmetalman

Number of posts : 274

PostSubject: Re: Intense Millennium Records to re-release Frontline Catalog   Intense Millennium Records to re-release Frontline Catalog - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 8:27 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Sacred Warrior cover

Thoughts?

I dig it, but it looks like the cover of a goth-rock album. The band logo looks cool.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Intense Millennium Records to re-release Frontline Catalog   Intense Millennium Records to re-release Frontline Catalog - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 8:29 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
Sacred Warrior cover

Thoughts?

Is that the new H.I.M. album and will be available at Hot Topic?

Oh man, BINGO!!!

I like some HIM but unless you're trying to appeal to the goth Hot Topic crowd, I'd change the artwork.

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ryanmetalman

Number of posts : 274

PostSubject: Re: Intense Millennium Records to re-release Frontline Catalog   Intense Millennium Records to re-release Frontline Catalog - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 8:31 pm

To be honest, I never really liked the album art on the original SW Rebellion.
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

PostSubject: Re: Intense Millennium Records to re-release Frontline Catalog   Intense Millennium Records to re-release Frontline Catalog - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 8:39 pm

Having a new artwork is okay as far as the original is on the flip side.

However, when it comes to 80s re-issues contemporary photoshoped collages don't cut it for me. The art needs to be hand drawn to represent the spirit of the era past. My two cents on this.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: Intense Millennium Records to re-release Frontline Catalog   Intense Millennium Records to re-release Frontline Catalog - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 8:51 pm

That SW art is uninspired....terrible.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39559

PostSubject: Re: Intense Millennium Records to re-release Frontline Catalog   Intense Millennium Records to re-release Frontline Catalog - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 8:52 pm

You know,I never heard any of those bands (except Vengeance Rising and couldn't stand the vocals) but I would like to check them out. From the sounds of things,I'd probably like the other bands getting the re-release.
Back to top Go down
325ad
Metal master
Metal master
325ad

Number of posts : 532

PostSubject: Re: Intense Millennium Records to re-release Frontline Catalog   Intense Millennium Records to re-release Frontline Catalog - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 10:53 pm

stormspell wrote:
Having a new artwork is okay as far as the original is on the flip side.

However, when it comes to 80s re-issues contemporary photoshoped collages don't cut it for me. The art needs to be hand drawn to represent the spirit of the era past. My two cents on this.

Bingo, that is the main difference. Jim is limited as primarily a computer graphics artist vs. the old art work being hand draw by an Illustrator. Very few people are going to be able to compete with a mster artist like Rodney Matthews. Granted he did not do any of the Intense covers but I am just giving an example. P.S. I like Jim's Art and the new album covers.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Intense Millennium Records to re-release Frontline Catalog   Intense Millennium Records to re-release Frontline Catalog - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 11:15 pm

That does seem like a pretty drastic design change, going from this...

Intense Millennium Records to re-release Frontline Catalog - Page 5 217_12_09_2006_11_45_22_rebellion-intense

...to that goth angel up there. At least the VR remastered covers retained the idea/feel of the originals. Granted, that original SW ain't the greatest, but if you're gonna change it up, at least try to incorporate the old image somehow.

That new one does indeed have a "Hot Topic" feel to it. Kids blindly buying that cd (the small percentage that still does anyway) might be a little disappointed that the music doesn't exactly match the image, if that makes sense.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

PostSubject: Re: Intense Millennium Records to re-release Frontline Catalog   Intense Millennium Records to re-release Frontline Catalog - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 11:17 pm

I could see taking that live shot, maybe adding a little art around it or something else (make it not seem like a live album), and adding the new logo and it would look great.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Intense Millennium Records to re-release Frontline Catalog   Intense Millennium Records to re-release Frontline Catalog - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 11:34 pm

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
I could see taking that live shot, maybe adding a little art around it or something else (make it not seem like a live album), and adding the new logo and it would look great.

Good point. If I didn't know any better, I might think that original SW cover was a live album.

PostSubject: Re: Intense Millennium Records to re-release Frontline Catalog   Intense Millennium Records to re-release Frontline Catalog - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 11:42 pm

Wait. OCI the Hot Topic kids would compare it to White Wizzard. Really? How did they hear White Wizzard? I'm all befuddled.
Back to top Go down
stevegarveyfan
Metal master
Metal master
stevegarveyfan

Number of posts : 613

PostSubject: Re: Intense Millennium Records to re-release Frontline Catalog   Intense Millennium Records to re-release Frontline Catalog - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 11:43 pm

While I like the proposed Sacred Warrior artwork, I must admit that the character on the cover bears a striking resemblance to an in-costume Nergal.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Intense Millennium Records to re-release Frontline Catalog   Intense Millennium Records to re-release Frontline Catalog - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 11:46 pm

TheNazgul wrote:
Wait. OCI the Hot Topic kids would compare it to White Wizzard. Really? How did they hear White Wizzard? I'm all befuddled.

Maybe Bam Margera or some other hipster doofus was spotted in a White Wizzard t-shirt on Facebook or Twittered about them. Intense Millennium Records to re-release Frontline Catalog - Page 5 Icon_cool

PostSubject: Re: Intense Millennium Records to re-release Frontline Catalog   Intense Millennium Records to re-release Frontline Catalog - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Intense Millennium Records to re-release Frontline Catalog
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next