Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Frank Hannon

Go down 
+2
MetalGuy71
Eyesore
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

Frank Hannon Empty
PostSubject: Frank Hannon   Frank Hannon Icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 8:37 pm

Awesome! This dude is outstanding. Interested in hearing how he made the Moon Dog Mane song "better," because the original song--and album, by the way--is pretty damn good.

Quote :
TESLA guitarist Frank Hannon has issued the following update:

"I'm writing this to let you know that for the past six months I have been working diligently in my home studio putting together a brand new album of songs. The album is now in the final stages and I am ready to tell you all about it. I plan to release it next month. The name of the album is 'Gypsy Highway' and it is an acoustic collection of songs that are very close to my heart… sort of like autobiographical stories that I wrote and sang completely on my own with acoustic guitar. The title track, 'Gypsy Highway', is my story of leaving on the road and flying out of Tulsa, Oklahoma last month from Rocklahoma. I mention Willie Nelson in the song because it seems that 'On the road again…' always echos through my head when I leave home.

"As a kid, I loved some of the artist my mom was into like Kris Kristofferson, Willie Nelson, Bob Dylan and Johnny Cash was my first concert ever. The 'storytelling' style of songwriting has always been fascinating to me, like the song 'Me And Bobby McGee', for example. Singing is a whole another world for me and it took me a long time to find my voice as a lead singer and feel comfortable exposing my soul that way.

"On my new upcoming album, 'Gypsy Highway', I wrote, sang and played all the instruments and it is definitely an 'acoustic'-type album that shares a lot of my roots and life experiences from the heart.

"On this new album I play acoustic and electric guitars dobro slide, banjo, fretless bass, jembe drums, drums and percussion, flute, cello, piano and organ, lead vocals and background harmonies. I engineered the album while playing as well which could get real tricky at times pushing the 'record' button.

"At a young age, I learned to overdub music on a four- track cassette deck, and so composing all the instruments together on an album actually wasn't too hard. It's like putting together puzzle pieces and make it fit to sound as good as you can. Robbie Furiosi also played some guest drums on three of the songs. So, after six months of this work, 'Gypsy Highway' is now DONE!!!

"Here are a few of the song titles and descriptions:

"'The Hills Of California' is a song/story about the impact of the Sierra mountains on my childhood, going camping and learning to swim in the river. It has a tribal feel to it with the jembe drum and a flute solo. This song also has a nylon classical guitar solo.

"'After the Rain' is a song about how life and relationships have many storms, but we get through them and everything is always better after the rain.

"'Watch Me Fall Again' is a song that tells of how I know I'm damn sure ain't perfect, but I try hard to do the right things in this life. It's tough sometimes…

"'Sweet Southern Sound' is a song I wrote about my love of LYNYRD SKYNYRD and southern music. Originally I wrote it in MOON DOG MANE, but I remade it much better here after several of you guys told you like the song.

"These are just a few, but there are 14 songs on the album; yes, 14!! And I love them all.

"The album will be released in about a month.

"I hope you guys like it, but honestly I can't worry about that because it's as real as I can get. I wanted to make this album 100% real from my heart."

Last edited by Eyesore on Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Frank Hannon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frank Hannon   Frank Hannon Icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 10:39 pm

Cool news. I didn't care much for Moon Dog Mane, but I like everything else this dude attaches his name too. Spinning some Tesla right now too.

Frank Hannon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frank Hannon   Frank Hannon Icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 10:54 pm

Hmmm, i'll have to check this out. I'm curious as to the vocal sound.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Frank Hannon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frank Hannon   Frank Hannon Icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 11:13 pm

TheNazgul wrote:
Hmmm, i'll have to check this out. I'm curious as to the vocal sound.
Have you not heard his other solo albums? He's got a great voice.

Not the greatest quality. I would have loved to hear this song on a Tesla album.
Back to top Go down

Frank Hannon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frank Hannon   Frank Hannon Icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 11:35 pm

Don't think I have though I know they're out. Hard to tell how his voice is by that but the music is great.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12614

Frank Hannon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frank Hannon   Frank Hannon Icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 12:36 am

This has some really kick @$$ songs on it

Frankie f'n Hannon rocks !!!!!!!!!

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Frank Hannon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frank Hannon   Frank Hannon Icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 1:08 am

James B. wrote:

And...huh? How do you know?
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Frank Hannon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frank Hannon   Frank Hannon Icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 1:21 am

Eyesore wrote:
James B. wrote:

Like I told you before "Forever More' came out..... I am friends with somebody. It isn't that big of a deal man.

you have to ride motorcycles with somebody, right?

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Frank Hannon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frank Hannon   Frank Hannon Icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 9:36 am

James B. wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
James B. wrote:

Like I told you before "Forever More' came out..... I am friends with somebody. It isn't that big of a deal man.

Listen here, I have no brain, okay? lol!
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Frank Hannon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frank Hannon   Frank Hannon Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 5:58 pm

Eyesore wrote:
James B. wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
James B. wrote:

Listen here, I have no brain, okay? lol!

Don't feel like the lone ranger....I took mine out to play with it and forgot to put it back in.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Frank Hannon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frank Hannon   Frank Hannon Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 8:15 pm

Sweet!

https://teslatheband.com/frankhannon/content/FRAME/

Just ordered my copy. Sounds great.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

Frank Hannon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frank Hannon   Frank Hannon Icon_minitimeSat Aug 14, 2010 3:54 am

Frank Hannon rules!
Back to top Go down
skullsmasher
Metal master
Metal master
skullsmasher

Number of posts : 638

Frank Hannon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frank Hannon   Frank Hannon Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 9:09 pm

Got this in the mail today, some of it is pretty good. Sweet Southern Sound is as good as the original. Acoustic version and different but just as good.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Frank Hannon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frank Hannon   Frank Hannon Icon_minitimeSun Sep 05, 2010 8:55 pm

Sweet!

headbanger
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Frank Hannon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frank Hannon   Frank Hannon Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 5:38 pm

Bump this outta the graveyard, please! =)

New Frank Hannon CD, Six-String Soldiers, is up for preorder.

Quote :
Hey Rock Fans!

SPECIAL PRE-SALE OFFER!

The long awaited arrival of the SIX STRING SOLDIERS album is over! Now, back with a vengeance, FRANK HANNON has enlisted two unknown commanders in the music field, MIKE ARAIZA and JEFF SANDOVAL, who know how to deliver the goods. This combined core group of musicians are a force to be reckoned with and along with veteran players such as Dave Meniketti Rick Derringer, Pat Travers and Dickey Betts, the SIX STRING SOLDIERS are ready to strike!

Also featured on this album is Cortney D'Augustine of MOONDOG MANE on drums. This new CD contains 12 massive rock anthems, each destined to become a classic track. Get your pre-order in today, and receive a copy of Six String Soldiers CD signed by Frank Hannon along with a limited edition 8" x 10" glossy photo. The pre-sale will go on till it's release date of September 7th, 2012, and then the CD only will be available to the public. All pre-orders will ship on September 6th, 2012. Don't miss out on this limited offer!

Rock on.

http://www.teslatheband.com/merchbooth/product_info.php?cPath=53&products_id=93&osCsid=lke7ukirjd5r9q4l7o1ksgv7r2#merchTop
The digital version came out a couple weeks ago, and it's quite good.

headbanger
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39559

Frank Hannon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frank Hannon   Frank Hannon Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 5:47 pm

Nice ! I like what I'm hearing there.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Frank Hannon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frank Hannon   Frank Hannon Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Frank Hannon
Page 1 of 1