Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

NEW LABYRINTH!!!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Velvet Creation
Metal student
Metal student
Velvet Creation

Number of posts : 126

NEW LABYRINTH!!! Empty
PostSubject: NEW LABYRINTH!!!   NEW LABYRINTH!!! Icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 6:04 am

One of the best metal bands around (imo) will be releasing a new album in a few days and if it's as good as the song in their myspace, guys, this will be one of the top releases of the year!

NEW LABYRINTH!!! 275101

http://www.myspace.com/labyrinthitalia

What do you guys think?
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

NEW LABYRINTH!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEW LABYRINTH!!!   NEW LABYRINTH!!! Icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 10:02 am

The two songs I've heard are killer, vastly better than most of their last album (although, let me say that I do love the other two without Olaf Thorsen, and Olaf's band was not doing too hot either to say the least), and the song 'A Chance' is probably the best power metal song I've heard the whole year. This is one of my favorite bands as well, the more dramatic and stripped down feel they have in styling their neoclassical/progressive power influence and the huge and emotive vocals of Roberto Tiranti just speaks to me. Possibly my favorite band next to classic Queensrÿche.

taken from a Japanese metal show, song starts at 0:40
Back to top Go down
Velvet Creation
Metal student
Metal student
Velvet Creation

NEW LABYRINTH!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEW LABYRINTH!!!   NEW LABYRINTH!!! Icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 11:25 am

It's nice to see that I am not alone in the world and that other people also like this great band!

When Freeman came out, I read a very bad review of the album and that kept me from listening to it until I finally decided to go and check it out myself. Woa, that album is nothing short of great! It obviously isn't up there with Return... but it still contains great songs! Well, I'm biased to say anything, since Tiranti is probably my favorite power metal singer. Smile

Anyway, thanks for posting this song! It's great indeed although I still like The Shooting Star better.

I'm considering ordering the Japanese version on eBay but it's $30+S/H, which is very salty imo. Does anyone one know where to get that version a bit cheaper? I've been also meaning to get Heathen's latest, Japanese press as well but haven't done yet for the same reasons.

NEW LABYRINTH!!! 778825
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

NEW LABYRINTH!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEW LABYRINTH!!!   NEW LABYRINTH!!! Icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 11:33 am

I wouldn't say 'other people', but I will post. NEW LABYRINTH!!! Lol

Every album is a bit different from the other one, which is a major strength IMO, and again, something else in common with Queensrÿche. But these days it's gotten even more where bands can't please fans no matter what.. do something different, that's bad..but do the same thing, you sound stale. 'Freeman' is excellent stripped down, mid-paced, off-kilter power metal that most clearly shows the Fates Warning influences of the band. The self-titled is a huge slice of heavy progressive power metal with every kind of song you could think of and plenty of speed. 'No Limits' is like a darker 'Return to Heaven Denied' with this surreal sounding production and key parts that noone else was really doing at the time.

The core of what I love in the Labyrinth stuff is that there is no reliance on a specific aesthetic identity or usual metal cliche, i.e. the band is not about dragons, or bikes, or politics... not that there's anything wrong with the first two of those... but I just like hearing more personal or longing kind of feelings married with the superb musicianship they have.

$30 is the best you are gonna do with a Japanese import. The only cheap edition I've found is a digipak which I won't buy. There is some kind of July 13 date for the main release, it seems.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

NEW LABYRINTH!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEW LABYRINTH!!!   NEW LABYRINTH!!! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 2:26 pm

Lots of posts in the old Freedom Call thread, none here?

(hint: I like that band just fine, and really enjoy the first couple of albums, but this band is something else entirely and I'm only making the comparison as they both tend to be at least fast power metal)
Back to top Go down
Velvet Creation
Metal student
Metal student
Velvet Creation

NEW LABYRINTH!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEW LABYRINTH!!!   NEW LABYRINTH!!! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2010 4:45 pm

See what I meant with being "alone in the world"? haha

NEW LABYRINTH!!! Lol
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

NEW LABYRINTH!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEW LABYRINTH!!!   NEW LABYRINTH!!! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2010 7:51 pm

yes. NEW LABYRINTH!!! Icon_razz Power metal fans, or even fans who might like that kind of stuff if it weren't for all the dragons and such, check the song out!
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

NEW LABYRINTH!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEW LABYRINTH!!!   NEW LABYRINTH!!! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2010 7:54 pm

another sequel???????
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

NEW LABYRINTH!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEW LABYRINTH!!!   NEW LABYRINTH!!! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2010 8:04 pm

Yeah. NEW LABYRINTH!!! Lol But it's surprisingly not crap like say 'Land of the Free II'. Of course by the time that came out I had just about given up on that band anyway. I don't know for sure who did it first. Bands and labels know it will sell...but if the songs are authentically good, I won't see it as such a money grab. I really, really like the stuff I've heard and as a fan of the band it's the real real deal. At least this one has kind of a second title, so it isn't as lazy or obvious.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

NEW LABYRINTH!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEW LABYRINTH!!!   NEW LABYRINTH!!! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2010 8:14 pm

I won't buy this but I am looking forward to the following:

"Paranoid II"
"Master of Puppets II"
"Re-Awaken the Guardian"

This definitely does sound better than, say, the last few IRON MAIDEN releases, I must say ...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

NEW LABYRINTH!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEW LABYRINTH!!!   NEW LABYRINTH!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NEW LABYRINTH!!!
Page 1 of 1