Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Malmsteen Vocalists

Go down 
+6
Troublezone
chewie
manny
Ben Grimm
Temple of Blood
SAHB Healer
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17150

Malmsteen Vocalists - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Malmsteen Vocalists   Malmsteen Vocalists - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 6:14 pm

detuned wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:
The Yngwie Malmsteen band in many ways is a RAINBOW clone.

That's because in essence, Yngwie is a Ritchie Blackmore clone.

He copied the notes but forgot to include any of the soul with it.

I think he's like an over the top version of Blackmore but without feeling.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Malmsteen Vocalists   Malmsteen Vocalists - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 3:40 pm

My two YM experiences:

1- Saw him open for AC/DC on the Who Made Who tour. He came out and did "Eruption" note for note. 20000 people boo-ed him relentlessly for the rest of the show.

2- Was supposed to come with Lizzy Borden opening a few years ago. His entire band walked out on him 2 days before. This left Lizzy to headline and the promoters scrambling to find some opening acts [Lizzy CRUSHED that night!!].

I love the Alcatrazz/Steeler albums [especially the Steeler album], but I have zero respect for the man himself.
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Malmsteen Vocalists   Malmsteen Vocalists - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 7:42 pm

detuned wrote:
chewie wrote:
I've always liked "Rising Force" because it had that Al DiMeola fusion sound/production to it... oh, and it kicks A$$!!!!!!

Yeah, that's the best album musically...but the few vocal tracks on it are pretty lame, so for vocal stuff I picked Odyssey.

Really?! I've always loved those vocal tracks and JSS's voice on that album.

Marching Out question.... Have they remastered/rereleased it so that it doesn't sound like your listening to it through a blanket? That's what my version sounds like at least.
Back to top Go down
HeavyMetalMerchant
Metal novice
Metal novice
HeavyMetalMerchant

Number of posts : 23

PostSubject: Re: Malmsteen Vocalists   Malmsteen Vocalists - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2010 1:47 am

Uli & Blackmore are the big influences for sure. As for vocalists probably Odysessy - Joe Lynn Turner is the most stellar performance on an Yngwie record. Graham Bonnet yeah he rules - his stuff with Alcatrazz, MSG
can't go wrong there.

Don't forget Yngwie also worked with Ron Keel in Steeler).

Yngwies last album with Ripper not sure what to make of that one yet. Ripper is awesome but not sure he is right fit for Yngwie.
Back to top Go down
http://www.heavymetalmerchant.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Malmsteen Vocalists   Malmsteen Vocalists - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Malmsteen Vocalists
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2