Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Malmsteen Vocalists

Go down 
+6
Troublezone
chewie
manny
Ben Grimm
Temple of Blood
SAHB Healer
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

Malmsteen Vocalists Empty
PostSubject: Malmsteen Vocalists   Malmsteen Vocalists Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 6:03 pm

I just ordered Attack and Unleash The Fury because I'm on a Doogie White kick. But I was thinking that since I'm not always sold on what Yngwie does, I tend to be selective of the albums I buy from him, and the major factor is often the vocalist. However I often lose track of who did which studio album, so maybe you guys could help me with a list. And of course feel free to express opinions on these singers as well.
Off the top of my head he has used:

Graham Bonnett (in Alcatrazz)
Mark Boals
Joe Lynn Turner
Jeff Scott Soto
Goran Edman
Mike Vescera
Doogie White
Tim Owens

Obviously I'm forgetting some. Others?
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Malmsteen Vocalists   Malmsteen Vocalists Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 6:07 pm

Mats Leven?
Back to top Go down
Ben Grimm
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Ben Grimm

Number of posts : 450

PostSubject: Re: Malmsteen Vocalists   Malmsteen Vocalists Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 6:25 pm

These are the vocalists listed on Wikipedia
Jeff Scott Soto
Mark Boals
Joe Lynn Turner
Göran Edman
Michael Vescera
Mark Boals
Mats Levén
Jørn Lande
Doogie White
Tim "Ripper" Owens

In Steeler
Ron Keel

In Alcatrazz
Graham Bonnet

I am not sure if all of them recorded an album or not.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/inedibleben
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

PostSubject: Re: Malmsteen Vocalists   Malmsteen Vocalists Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 7:15 pm

Anybody know if Mats Leven or Jorn recorded anything with Yngwie? My copy of Facing The Animal doesn't have any credits, was that Mats Leven?
Back to top Go down
Ben Grimm
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Ben Grimm

Number of posts : 450

PostSubject: Re: Malmsteen Vocalists   Malmsteen Vocalists Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 7:32 pm

SAHB Healer wrote:
Anybody know if Mats Leven or Jorn recorded anything with Yngwie? My copy of Facing The Animal doesn't have any credits, was that Mats Leven?
Yes Mats Leven was on Facing the Animal. From what I can tell Jorn was an on tour temporary vocal replacement and did not record an album
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/inedibleben
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Malmsteen Vocalists   Malmsteen Vocalists Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 9:27 pm

Ben is correct Jorn toured with Yngwie but never recorded with him
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Malmsteen Vocalists   Malmsteen Vocalists Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 10:10 pm

"Odyssey", the album with Joe Lynn Turner is EASILY the most focused record of Yngwie's career. That's why it's pretty much the only one I can still listen to.
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Malmsteen Vocalists   Malmsteen Vocalists Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 10:23 pm

I've always liked "Rising Force" because it had that Al DiMeola fusion sound/production to it... oh, and it kicks A$$!!!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Malmsteen Vocalists   Malmsteen Vocalists Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 10:26 pm

chewie wrote:
I've always liked "Rising Force" because it had that Al DiMeola fusion sound/production to it... oh, and it kicks A$$!!!!!!

Yeah, that's the best album musically...but the few vocal tracks on it are pretty lame, so for vocal stuff I picked Odyssey.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Malmsteen Vocalists   Malmsteen Vocalists Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 11:23 pm

Anything with Bonnett is always a safe bet. I don't know who Goran Edman is, but I am a fan of ALL those other vox! Too bad Y is such a dick that he can't keep a singer around for more than a couple of months at a stretch.
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

PostSubject: Re: Malmsteen Vocalists   Malmsteen Vocalists Icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 12:48 am

He comes up with some of the most talented vocalists around, and then tends to muzzle them somewhat so he himself is the front man. Too bad really. I think he's written some excellent melodic metal, but it tends to get over-shadowed by all the shredding.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17150

PostSubject: Re: Malmsteen Vocalists   Malmsteen Vocalists Icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 1:44 am

SAHB Healer wrote:
I just ordered Attack and Unleash The Fury because I'm on a Doogie White kick. But I was thinking that since I'm not always sold on what Yngwie does, I tend to be selective of the albums I buy from him, and the major factor is often the vocalist. However I often lose track of who did which studio album, so maybe you guys could help me with a list. And of course feel free to express opinions on these singers as well.
Off the top of my head he has used:

Graham Bonnett (in Alcatrazz)
Mark Boals
Joe Lynn Turner
Jeff Scott Soto
Goran Edman
Mike Vescera
Doogie White
Tim Owens

Obviously I'm forgetting some. Others?

Doogie Howser.
Back to top Go down
snooloui
Metal master
Metal master
snooloui

Number of posts : 913

PostSubject: Re: Malmsteen Vocalists   Malmsteen Vocalists Icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 7:54 am

Goran Edman? He's the man who sang on John Norum's debut, Total Control and he's awesome. Think songs like the 'Back On the Streets' cover and 'Love Is Meant to Last Forever' which are the best on there I think.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Malmsteen Vocalists   Malmsteen Vocalists Icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 8:27 am

Everyone who has ever worked with Malmsteen is very talented but detuned is right, for whatever reason Malmsteen gave Joe Lynn Turner a little bit more freedom ( just a little bit) then he did other vocalist, maybe why it still sounds like a great album.

I find it interesting that Yngwie has now worked with all of Rainbow's vocalist, with the expection of Ronnie James Dio.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: Malmsteen Vocalists   Malmsteen Vocalists Icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 9:17 am

The Yngwie Malmsteen band in many ways is a RAINBOW clone.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Malmsteen Vocalists   Malmsteen Vocalists Icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 11:27 am

Quote :
I find it interesting that Yngwie has now worked with all of Rainbow's vocalist, with the expection of Ronnie James Dio.

Technically they did. They performed together on a version of the Aerosmith classic 'Dream On' from the Not The Same Old Song & Dance tribute album.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOtoypu0RpA

mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Malmsteen Vocalists   Malmsteen Vocalists Icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 11:29 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Quote :

Technically they did. They performed together on a version of the Aerosmith classic 'Dream On' from the Not The Same Old Song & Dance tribute album.

[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOtoypu0RpA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOtoypu0RpA[/quote[/url]]

OK I stand corrected Malmsteen has worked with all of Rainbow's vocalist.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Malmsteen Vocalists   Malmsteen Vocalists Icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 11:31 am

Funny how Yngwie takes all of Blackmore's sloppy seconds. Malmsteen Vocalists Lol

PostSubject: Re: Malmsteen Vocalists   Malmsteen Vocalists Icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 11:44 am

Temple of Blood wrote:

That's because in essence, Yngwie is a Ritchie Blackmore clone.

He copied the notes but forgot to include any of the soul with it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Malmsteen Vocalists   Malmsteen Vocalists Icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 11:48 am

I'm with SAHB, it depends on the singerl. I love the Doogie albums, Turner and Owens.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: Malmsteen Vocalists   Malmsteen Vocalists Icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 12:32 pm

detuned wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:

That's because in essence, Yngwie is a Ritchie Blackmore clone.

He copied the notes but forgot to include any of the soul with it.

But he's copying the "Rainbow" model and not the "Deep Purple" model with his band. The distinction is obvious I think. Closer to "Gates of Babylon" than "Smoke on the Water".

He does have some great songs. People dismiss him because of his attitude, like MANOWAR. But both artists' catalog has some great spots. Unlike other "nice guys" in the metal scene who write junk and get a free pass for it.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Malmsteen Vocalists   Malmsteen Vocalists Icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 12:37 pm

I am huge Blackmore fan and I am also a fan of Malmsteen, and while it is acknowledged that Malmsteen is a Blackmore fanboy, I really do not think their tone, etc is anything like Ritchie Blackmore.

I agree with ToB Malmsteen has written great songs.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: Malmsteen Vocalists   Malmsteen Vocalists Icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 12:41 pm

He obviously started with Richie and put his own unique spin on it. Nothing wrong with that.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Malmsteen Vocalists   Malmsteen Vocalists Icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 12:49 pm

Actually, I hear just as much Uli Roth as Blackmore. It's pretty obvious that Malmsteen owes a lot of his sound to Uli, he even named his band "Rising Force" after a Uli Roth album cover.

Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: Malmsteen Vocalists   Malmsteen Vocalists Icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 12:56 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Actually, I hear just as much Uli Roth as Blackmore. It's pretty obvious that Malmsteen owes a lot of his sound to Uli, he even named his band "Rising Force" after a Uli Roth album cover.

Yeah.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Malmsteen Vocalists   Malmsteen Vocalists Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Malmsteen Vocalists
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next