Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Last seen movies

Go down 
+41
A Handful of Wayne
Shiney
Thordis
Alex Dee Rokket
metallicleora
SAHB Healer
Ultimate.Nightmare
MetalRob331
XYZ
mc666
Thrasher73
Sutekh
Jesusandmetal23
jstate
chewie
nevermore
Dave the Boss
Joe
iamrockerfun
James B.
MetalGuy71
Stender
Addy
Required Fields
exact33
kmorg
thejokeriv
Leatherface
ryanmetalman
DallasBlack
Schbopo
snooloui
scottmitchell74
sheets
Metal Misfit
manny
SideShowDisaSter
Orion Crystal Ice
tohostudios
Fat Freddy
45 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

Last seen movies - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 8:41 pm

snooloui wrote:
James Cameron is definetely a good film maker. He's made a number of awesome films. Avatar just seems totally stupid and is probably one of the worst films he's made. In my eyes, its no different from other animated films, which tend to be mostly kids films and that's what it seemed to be. The characters don't look at all life-like and the story is just a bit too unbelievable. Some people must be so gullable, obviously some people geniunely enjoyed the film, but others just said it to fit in with the trend.

One could also say that people said they hated it just to avoid the trend, which itself is a trend.

Personally I enjoyed it. Not the best movie ever but it had its moments.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 8:52 pm

I still havent' seen "Avatar" ... and to be honest I'm in no hurry... shoot, with all the hype about it I was sick of it before it even opened....

As for the oil spill thing: OK, so Cameron is a great film director...what the bloody blue hell does that have to do with fixing an oil spill? If they want a disaster expert, shouldn't they be talking to, say, Uwe Boll? Lord knows he's helmed more than a few disasters. Laughing

Anyway, back on topic: started watching another '50s B&W drive-in flick called "The Phantom From 10,000 Leagues" last night but started dozing off, so I'll probably finish that one tonite

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
snooloui
Metal master
Metal master
snooloui

Number of posts : 913

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 9:00 pm

Just watched On Deadly Ground. A bit weird in parts but still good to watch Steven Seagal beat people up. The best bit was probably the credits, featuring a Scorpions song. Still maybe they should ask Steven Seagal to fix it, seemed to know a bit about it in the film Last seen movies - Page 2 201269
Back to top Go down
snooloui
Metal master
Metal master
snooloui

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 9:59 pm

Universal Soldier: The Return

Haven't seen the first, but I like this one. Don't know why it got bad reviews.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 10:28 pm

snooloui wrote:

The first is a classic and the best of the three bar none. The third was however, much better than the second one.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 10:46 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
snooloui wrote:

The first is a classic and the best of the three bar none. The third was however, much better than the second one.

So you're excluding Universal Soldier II: Brothers In Arms and Universal Soldier III: Unfinished Business? Razz

I've owned The Return on DVD for YEARS and have never watched it. It was part of a two-pack with some other Van Damme movie I bought. I think it came with Second In Command.
Back to top Go down
ryanmetalman
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ryanmetalman

Number of posts : 274

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 11:37 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
snooloui wrote:

I loved the First one. I hated the second one. When I heard about a third one (esp with Dolph back) my first thought was, "why?"
Back to top Go down
ryanmetalman
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ryanmetalman

Number of posts : 274

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 11:39 pm

Schbopo wrote:
snooloui wrote:
James Cameron is definetely a good film maker. He's made a number of awesome films. Avatar just seems totally stupid and is probably one of the worst films he's made. In my eyes, its no different from other animated films, which tend to be mostly kids films and that's what it seemed to be. The characters don't look at all life-like and the story is just a bit too unbelievable. Some people must be so gullable, obviously some people geniunely enjoyed the film, but others just said it to fit in with the trend.

One could also say that people said they hated it just to avoid the trend, which itself is a trend.

Personally I enjoyed it. Not the best movie ever but it had its moments.

I liked it too, but I wasn't real impressed. It was predictable, and I felt like it was little more than Dances With Wolves meets Star Wars.
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 12:48 am

Land of the Dead. While no where near the exellence of the first three Dead films, this is still much better than most of the "modern" horror films Hollywood offers today.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 8:29 am

snooloui wrote:
Just watched On Deadly Ground. A bit weird in parts but still good to watch Steven Seagal beat people up. The best bit was probably the credits, featuring a Scorpions song. Still maybe they should ask Steven Seagal to fix it, seemed to know a bit about it in the film Last seen movies - Page 2 201269

That is the worst of his early movies - if you want to see good, a$$-kicking Segal, get Marked for Death, Above the Law, Out For Justice or Under Siege (the first one)
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 8:32 am

Leatherface wrote:
Land of the Dead. While no where near the exellence of the first three Dead films, this is still much better than most of the "modern" horror films Hollywood offers today.

I liked that one quite a bit. I liked that the zombies were actually showing signs of intelligence. Unfortunately, that was totally abandoned for the dismal followup "Diary Of The Dead". Gawd, I hated that movie.

Metal master
Metal master
snooloui

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 9:33 am

thejokeriv wrote:
snooloui wrote:

That is the worst of his early movies - if you want to see good, a$$-kicking Segal, get Marked for Death, Above the Law, Out For Justice or Under Siege (the first one)

Of those i've only seen Under Siege. Above the Law is supposed to be quite good though. I'll check them out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 10:31 am

The Wolfman - have no idea what people were complaining about, this movie KICKS ASS! The unrated director's cut is fantastically gory and over the top.
Back to top Go down
snooloui
Metal master
Metal master
snooloui

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 7:40 pm

Clear and Present Danger - a bit boring, didn't hold my interest very well.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 7:42 pm

detuned wrote:
The Wolfman - have no idea what people were complaining about, this movie KICKS ASS! The unrated director's cut is fantastically gory and over the top.

Sounds good to me!

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 9:59 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Leatherface wrote:

I liked that one quite a bit. I liked that the zombies were actually showing signs of intelligence. Unfortunately, that was totally abandoned for the dismal followup "Diary Of The Dead". Gawd, I hated that movie.

LOTD is decent, I remember being really excited that I was going to be able to see a Romero zombie movie in a movie theater! Diary actually runs concurrently with the events of Night of the Living Dead so I that explains why there are no "smart" zombies. That was an okay movie too. I'm looking forward to Survival of the Dead though I've read some not-so-kind reviews for it. It's the only direct Romero sequel thus far.

detuned wrote:

I can't wait until it arrives from Netflix! I didn't get a chance to see it in the theaters, it came and went pretty quick.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 10:10 pm

Been watching the Drew Carey show. Since the company that owns the rights to the show won't release any more seasons I went the bootleg root. Got the entire show on DVD Video for around $80. It was a gamble because when you do something like this quality is not guaranteed, however, it was my only way to own this show and so far apart from a few glitches (and the fact it will only play on my portable player) the discs are playing well and I'm enjoying one of the best sitcoms of all time.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 5:57 pm

The Collector - Pretty good slasher movie. Nothing too original, but still pretty good.

There Will Be Blood - Seen this before, but man, this is a good one. Nothing fast paced or exciting, just a good story. Daniel Day Lewis = amazing.

Web - Super lame
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 8:25 am

DallasBlack wrote:
Been watching the Drew Carey show. Since the company that owns the rights to the show won't release any more seasons I went the bootleg root. Got the entire show on DVD Video for around $80. It was a gamble because when you do something like this quality is not guaranteed, however, it was my only way to own this show and so far apart from a few glitches (and the fact it will only play on my portable player) the discs are playing well and I'm enjoying one of the best sitcoms of all time.

LOVE that show.

scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 10:45 am

Whiteout - Lame South Pole crime drama.

The Messenger - Pretty good movie about military death notifications
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 12:50 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
The Collector - Pretty good slasher movie. Nothing too original, but still pretty good.

There Will Be Blood - Seen this before, but man, this is a good one. Nothing fast paced or exciting, just a good story. Daniel Day Lewis = amazing.

Web - Super lame
Spoiler:

Ever seen the original version of "The Collector"? It's a classic of creepiness.

Last seen movies - Page 2 60011064

Terence Stamp is awesome as the title character.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 1:00 pm

Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy

scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 2:22 pm

Detuned - I have not. Thanks for the tip.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 2:26 pm

Dead Snow

Those Norwegians are hardcore. Sex in a rickety outhouse in subzero temperatures after the guy's just taken a dump? Hardcore.

Metal master
Metal master
snooloui

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 6:41 pm

Mr Nice Guy - typical Jackie Chan film, very good Last seen movies - Page 2 Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Last seen movies   Last seen movies - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Last seen movies
Page 2 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next