Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kreator vs Sodom

Go down 
+24
SlaytanicPOWER
Lurideath
stevegarveyfan
Troublezone
AchrisK
fingers
Pantera
James B.
Storm_Rider89
Joe
Jesusandmetal23
Leatherface
krokus
Temple of Blood
Required Fields
exact33
mc666
MetalGuy71
Thrasher73
Stender
Of_Us_3
ultmetal
Orion Crystal Ice
Gilbert
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Pantera
Metal novice
Metal novice
Pantera

Number of posts : 52

Kreator vs Sodom - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kreator vs Sodom   Kreator vs Sodom - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 05, 2010 10:36 pm

Sodom > Kreator

I like both bands, but I never get tired of the Sodom CD's Agent Orange and M-16.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kreator vs Sodom   Kreator vs Sodom - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 06, 2010 12:56 am

Kreator

I got into Destruction when Eternal Devastation came out, the guitarist in the band I was doing some roadie work for was a huge fan of the German metal scene...he turned me onto lots of these bands.

Kreator I discovered when Terrible Certainty was released, they were advertising it like crazy in Hit Parader and all the other metal mags. A blind purchase I never regretted. I remember getting the Out Of The Dark...Into The Light EP around that same time...RIOT OF VIOLENCE!

I didn't get into Sodom until Agent Orange. But by that point I was getting burnt on the thrash scene and was finding solace in other styles, so I never really collected anything after that album.

Listening back to these bands now, Destruction hasn't held up all that well, it comes off as a little half-baked. Kreator and Sodom both still sound good, but the mood for this stuff doesn't hit me that often.
Back to top Go down
fingers
Metal master
Metal master
fingers

Number of posts : 815

PostSubject: Re: Kreator vs Sodom   Kreator vs Sodom - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 06, 2010 9:14 am

Gilbert wrote:
Has this topic been discussed before?

Kreator by a long shot
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Kreator vs Sodom   Kreator vs Sodom - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 06, 2010 12:04 pm

detuned wrote:
Kreator

I got into Destruction when Eternal Devastation came out, the guitarist in the band I was doing some roadie work for was a huge fan of the German metal scene...he turned me onto lots of these bands.

Kreator I discovered when Terrible Certainty was released, they were advertising it like crazy in Hit Parader and all the other metal mags. A blind purchase I never regretted. I remember getting the Out Of The Dark...Into The Light EP around that same time...RIOT OF VIOLENCE!

I didn't get into Sodom until Agent Orange. But by that point I was getting burnt on the thrash scene and was finding solace in other styles, so I never really collected anything after that album.

Listening back to these bands now, Destruction hasn't held up all that well, it comes off as a little half-baked. Kreator and Sodom both still sound good, but the mood for this stuff doesn't hit me that often.

Huh, I REALLY like the old Destruction records. Between sodom and kreator though, definately Kreator.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kreator vs Sodom   Kreator vs Sodom - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 06, 2010 12:37 pm

In the late 80's Destruction was my favorite of those german bands...but I've tried listening to that stuff several times over the past couple years and it just does nothing for me anymore. No idea why.
Back to top Go down
AchrisK
Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

Number of posts : 975

PostSubject: Re: Kreator vs Sodom   Kreator vs Sodom - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 12:57 am

Infernal Overkill by Destruction is probably my most favorite album from any of those three bands.

Kreator is probably my overall favorite of the three bands.

I have a certain amount of indifference or dislike towards Sodom here and there. I like Code Red quite a bit, though.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Kreator vs Sodom   Kreator vs Sodom - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 12:38 am

I was listening to Enemy of God last night.

Great stuff, mature lyrics.

One of the best Thrash metal albums ever headbanger
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Kreator vs Sodom   Kreator vs Sodom - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 1:54 am

KREATOR by a mile!

They're like the german version of Slayer.
Back to top Go down
stevegarveyfan
Metal master
Metal master
stevegarveyfan

Number of posts : 613

PostSubject: Re: Kreator vs Sodom   Kreator vs Sodom - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 3:28 pm

Kreator! Destruction is pretty good, and I've never heard Sodom. Kreator is one of my favorite bands, so I give 'em the edge by a mile.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: Kreator vs Sodom   Kreator vs Sodom - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 4:14 pm

Kreator but I love Sodom and Destruction just as much.
Back to top Go down
SlaytanicPOWER
Metal master
Metal master
SlaytanicPOWER

Number of posts : 679

PostSubject: Re: Kreator vs Sodom   Kreator vs Sodom - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 4:48 pm

This album alone justifies preferring Kreator over Sodom (although both kick butt!)

Kreator vs Sodom - Page 2 809
Back to top Go down
adrian
Metal master
Metal master
adrian

Number of posts : 994

PostSubject: Re: Kreator vs Sodom   Kreator vs Sodom - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 9:40 pm

I just barely finally got Coma of Souls on cd. You're right, wonderful album!

I guess I'd take Kreator since Extreme Aggression is among my all time favorite albums. Also I love the experimental stuff, especially Renewal and Endorama.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Kreator vs Sodom   Kreator vs Sodom - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2010 12:52 am

Coma of Souls is outstanding. I managed to find a copy at a metal store in Barcelona a while ago. Breathtaking headbanger
Back to top Go down
ryanmetalman
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ryanmetalman

Number of posts : 274

PostSubject: Re: Kreator vs Sodom   Kreator vs Sodom - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2010 2:38 am

While I like both (or should I say all three?) I prefer Kreator. Favorite albums are:
Extreme Aggression
Coma Of Souls
Enemy of God
Hordes of Chaos

I dig the older stuff, but I just haven't been listening to that kind of thrash much in the last couple of years.
Back to top Go down
stevegarveyfan
Metal master
Metal master
stevegarveyfan

Number of posts : 613

PostSubject: Re: Kreator vs Sodom   Kreator vs Sodom - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2010 4:38 pm

SlaytanicPOWER wrote:
This album alone justifies preferring Kreator over Sodom (although both kick butt!)

Kreator vs Sodom - Page 2 809

That's my favorite Kreator album as well, with Extreme Aggression and Enemy of God coming in just behind.
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Kreator vs Sodom   Kreator vs Sodom - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2010 6:04 pm

I'd go with Kreator just because I'm more in love with their overall output. Destruction might even rank above Sodom for me.

I do love Sodom's Better Off Dead and Destruction's Cracked Brain as much as any one Kreator album. Favorite Kreator at the moment is Pleasure To Kill w/ Flag Of Hate.
Back to top Go down
Igor
Metal student
Metal student
Igor

Number of posts : 105

PostSubject: Re: Kreator vs Sodom   Kreator vs Sodom - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 1:41 pm

Sodom-Agent orange
Kreator-Pleasure to kill
Destruction-Eternal devastation, Release from agony

Thrash classics for ever Kreator vs Sodom - Page 2 927150 Kreator vs Sodom - Page 2 927150 Kreator vs Sodom - Page 2 927150
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kreator vs Sodom   Kreator vs Sodom - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kreator vs Sodom
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2