Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Testament vs. Kreator

Go down 
+18
allthingsmetal
Lazlo Toth
ghost
krokus
MoonChild
Coram Deo
metalhead777
exact33
DallasBlack
Troublezone
Alex Dee Rokket
adrian
Dark Horseman
mc666
Witchfinder
BearOnUnicycle
ultmetal
22 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Choose!
Testament - Dark Roots of Earth
Testament vs. Kreator Vote_lcap57%Testament vs. Kreator Vote_rcap
 57% [ 21 ]
Kreator - Phantom Antichrist
Testament vs. Kreator Vote_lcap35%Testament vs. Kreator Vote_rcap
 35% [ 13 ]
They both suck!
Testament vs. Kreator Vote_lcap8%Testament vs. Kreator Vote_rcap
 8% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 37

AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Testament vs. Kreator Empty
PostSubject: Testament vs. Kreator   Testament vs. Kreator Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 3:03 pm

Two heavy-weight thrash bands recently released new albums. Which do you prefer and why? If you go for Option C, tell us why you think they both suck.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

Number of posts : 1064

PostSubject: Re: Testament vs. Kreator   Testament vs. Kreator Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 3:38 pm

Only heard one song from Phantom (title track), but it rules so I vote for Mille. Overall I prefer Testament (up to and including Ritual) for US thrash metal being a lot more melodic, but later works of Kreator are awesome.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: Testament vs. Kreator   Testament vs. Kreator Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 3:40 pm

Testament. I am not much of a fan of Kreator in particular or German thrash in general.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Testament vs. Kreator   Testament vs. Kreator Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 3:49 pm

Kreator's newest was better to my ears, although not as great as all that either. i'll wait for the new Destruction.

Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Testament vs. Kreator   Testament vs. Kreator Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 4:12 pm

I'm with Witchfinder.
Back to top Go down
adrian
Metal master
Metal master
adrian

Number of posts : 994

PostSubject: Re: Testament vs. Kreator   Testament vs. Kreator Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 4:33 pm

Testament by far. That album is probably my favorite release this year

I love literally everything Kreator has put out, but Phantom Antichrist didn't click with me. I don't know, I still revisit Enemy of God and Hordes of Chaos all the time but haven't craved this one since I got it. Maybe after seeing some songs live tomorrow I'll appreciate it more though
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Testament vs. Kreator   Testament vs. Kreator Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 4:34 pm

I'm liking them both. Having a hard time deciding actually. The new Kreator is darn catchy. I'll probably go with it by a hair over Testament.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Alex Dee Rokket

Number of posts : 1095

PostSubject: Re: Testament vs. Kreator   Testament vs. Kreator Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 5:29 pm

Actually I like both just as much. I have heard Phantom AntiChrist a bit more than Dark Roots and while both albums are catchy and melodic they each display the artistry and progression of each band differently.

Kreator's approach is more traditional, in that they have not significantly altered their style from their 2001 'comeback' album Violent Revolution. Instead they have gradually been building upon it, with every album being a bit more melodic, bit more contemporary sounding, letting newer styles influence their songwriting ever so slightly (imo there has been a melodic death flavour on the last several albums since Violent Revolution... perhaps the work of Andy Sneap)

Testament haven't had as many releases since the 1999 released of The Gathering but their lastest albums have seen the band rekindle their past all while doing so under a modern sounding production. Dark Roots to me seems inspired by everything the band did in its past, played a bit heavier and faster with the production values of today. Chuck Billy's very distinct voice has always set Testament apart from their thrash scene peer, including Kreator. Even after all these years Chuck is still the same roaring aggressive beast behind the mic and unlike other thrash vocalists, his voice has only gotten better in time.

Hard to really choose between two very stellar releases.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Testament vs. Kreator   Testament vs. Kreator Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 6:13 pm

Haven't heard the Kreator, the Testament was "okay" but after sampling it a couple times I decided to pass on it.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Testament vs. Kreator   Testament vs. Kreator Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 6:42 pm

Testament.

I'm not much of a fan of Mille's vocals.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Testament vs. Kreator   Testament vs. Kreator Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 8:38 pm

I don't have the new Kreator but with Ult's description of it being catchy (and he has great taste in thrash music), I know I need to put it on my mental list. Still many 2012 albums on my radar but with a limited budget, I don't know how quickly i'll get to it.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Testament vs. Kreator   Testament vs. Kreator Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 9:22 pm

i need t oget both. TheKing is getting his thrash on again...

metalhead777
Metal master
Metal master
metalhead777

Number of posts : 842

PostSubject: Re: Testament vs. Kreator   Testament vs. Kreator Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 10:04 pm

Phantom Antichrist had that typical Kreator power and performance.
I have to say, Dark Roots of Earth was sub-par for testament.
Back to top Go down
Coram Deo
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Coram Deo

Number of posts : 254

PostSubject: Re: Testament vs. Kreator   Testament vs. Kreator Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 2:51 am

Tough one. Both are really good. I chose Testament, because I've been listening to them since they hit the scene. Only got into Kreator a few years ago, infact I think I posted about it somewhere on here.
Back to top Go down
http://annoyedelephants.wordpress.com/
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Testament vs. Kreator   Testament vs. Kreator Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 9:16 am

Testament, yes!
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Testament vs. Kreator   Testament vs. Kreator Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 10:22 am

I like the Testament, but the more I listen to the Kreator, the more it jives with me. I find myself playing guitar on my steering wheel of my car to it and nodding my head like an idiot while driving down the road.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Testament vs. Kreator   Testament vs. Kreator Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 10:40 am

I have them both, special editions with dvd´s (same with the new TANKARD album). I like TESTAMENT album more, but i like the dvd that comes with the KREATOR release more, with two shows from WACKEN.
Back to top Go down
ghost
Metal master
Metal master
ghost

Number of posts : 814

PostSubject: Re: Testament vs. Kreator   Testament vs. Kreator Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 11:38 am

That was really difficult to decide. I like both but if I have to decide I voted for Kreator.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

PostSubject: Re: Testament vs. Kreator   Testament vs. Kreator Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 11:54 am

I only own the new Testament but from what I've heard of the new Kreator,it sounds awesome.
Back to top Go down
adrian
Metal master
Metal master
adrian

Number of posts : 994

PostSubject: Re: Testament vs. Kreator   Testament vs. Kreator Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 4:09 pm

So I saw Kreator last night and they put on an amazing show, but even in a live setting I didn't like the new stuff as much as other recent songs like Enemy of God, Hordes of Chaos, etc.

I don't know, it's not a bad album, but not as outstanding as previous works to me so I maintain my vote for Testament
Back to top Go down
Lazlo Toth
Metal novice
Metal novice
Lazlo Toth

Number of posts : 25

PostSubject: Re: Testament vs. Kreator   Testament vs. Kreator Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 11:47 pm

Testament keeps me interested, I keep spinning this disc over and over....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Testament vs. Kreator   Testament vs. Kreator Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 12:16 am

I listened to a couple tracks from the Kreator album and enjoyed both of them more than anything from Dark Roots, so I voted Kreator.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Testament vs. Kreator   Testament vs. Kreator Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 12:58 am

After trading some CDs I got the new Kreator and will listen to it soon enough.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
allthingsmetal
Metal student
Metal student
allthingsmetal

Number of posts : 231

PostSubject: Re: Testament vs. Kreator   Testament vs. Kreator Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 8:59 am

Kreator.
I am much more of a Testament fan but I find myself really having to try and like this new one. I do not like "cheerleader songs"---("I say 'rise up', you say 'War'") so the Testament cd started in a bad way for me. I do like some of the songs but the Kreator cd has more songs that stick with me, get me thrashing, and has more of that great tempo shift part of the songs (the type of stuff that Over KIll does so well).
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Testament vs. Kreator   Testament vs. Kreator Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 11:31 am

Both are great and among the best releases of 2012.

However, i found Testament's release to be much more consistent.

Having said that, i think the ELECTRIC AGE is better than both headbanger
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Testament vs. Kreator   Testament vs. Kreator Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Testament vs. Kreator
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next