Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Danzig - On a Wicked Night

Go down 
+12
iamrockerfun
DallasBlack
A Handful of Wayne
MetalGuy71
Leatherface
Eyesore
akeldama
nevermore
Troublezone
mc666
Zdan
spiritoradio
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Zdan
Metal master
Metal master
Zdan

Number of posts : 752

Danzig - On a Wicked Night - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Danzig - On a Wicked Night   Danzig - On a Wicked Night - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 5:07 am

I have it now and love it totally. Probably the best Danzig record outside the first 4. There are some mighty songs here and Glenn's vocals while aged do sound amazing.
Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: Danzig - On a Wicked Night   Danzig - On a Wicked Night - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 4:27 pm

a little bit like old Type of Negative
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Danzig - On a Wicked Night   Danzig - On a Wicked Night - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 4:30 pm

iamrockerfun wrote:
Are you in the right thread? surprised
Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

PostSubject: Re: Danzig - On a Wicked Night   Danzig - On a Wicked Night - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 5:10 pm

Eyesore wrote:
iamrockerfun wrote:
Are you in the right thread? surprised
Danzig - On a Wicked Night - Page 2 Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Danzig - On a Wicked Night   Danzig - On a Wicked Night - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 5:54 pm

I have everything Danzig has done and let me tell you this album is good but not in the same league as the first 4 especially HTGK. Danzig is overusing the pinch harmonics and his voice has long lost its oomph. I still like the album it's kind of a cross between 4P and the newer stuff.
Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

PostSubject: Re: Danzig - On a Wicked Night   Danzig - On a Wicked Night - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 11:04 am

best song is on a wicked night
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

PostSubject: Re: Danzig - On a Wicked Night   Danzig - On a Wicked Night - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2010 11:04 pm

I should be receiving a box from The End very soon. I usually do not listen to such releases, but after reading this thread I shall open one and check it out. Hope it is at least half as good as you guys are hyping it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Danzig - On a Wicked Night   Danzig - On a Wicked Night - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2010 11:22 pm

Did you get the limited edition, Stormspell? I ordered that a while back but they said it is delayed. Hopefully not for too long. A friend and I also picked up another regular version from Newbury Comics because it was autographed. I finally got to pick it up from him today and I listened to most of it. It sounded pretty good. There are some inconsistensies (spelling) with the recording of some songs but I think its a pretty good album. I hear its not doing too bad on the billboard chart either.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

PostSubject: Re: Danzig - On a Wicked Night   Danzig - On a Wicked Night - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 02, 2010 12:21 am

I have no idea, they asked me for a trade and I agreed on swapping 20 copies with them. I only hope I don't get digipacks, as I hate those with a passion!
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell

PostSubject: Re: Danzig - On a Wicked Night   Danzig - On a Wicked Night - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 02, 2010 2:06 am

I heard two songs online but it's obvious that Danzig isn't really my kind of thing anymore. One of those bands that I just can't go back and revisit, I don't feel it any longer.

Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Danzig - On a Wicked Night   Danzig - On a Wicked Night - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 02, 2010 1:08 pm

i'm loving this album. Ju Ju Bone & Night Star Hel are Danzig classics.

Joe
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

Number of posts : 1862

PostSubject: Re: Danzig - On a Wicked Night   Danzig - On a Wicked Night - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 02, 2010 8:48 pm

I like what I've heard so far, a nice return to form. Will have to pick this up.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12630

PostSubject: Re: Danzig - On a Wicked Night   Danzig - On a Wicked Night - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 02, 2010 10:09 pm

Went to help a friend put some new ape hangers on his scoot and he was jamming this cd. I dug it, especially "Ju ju Bone" Asked him to play that song "TWICE"

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Danzig - On a Wicked Night   Danzig - On a Wicked Night - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 12:03 pm

stormspell wrote:
I have no idea, they asked me for a trade and I agreed on swapping 20 copies with them. I only hope I don't get digipacks, as I hate those with a passion!

I've seen copies in the stores and they're all cheap-looking, thin digipacks. They look like mini vinyl gate-fold albums. Does a jewel-case version exist?

PostSubject: Re: Danzig - On a Wicked Night   Danzig - On a Wicked Night - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Danzig - On a Wicked Night
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2