Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

KING'S X Frontman To Guest On HYDROGYN Album

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

KING'S X Frontman To Guest On HYDROGYN Album Empty
PostSubject: KING'S X Frontman To Guest On HYDROGYN Album   KING'S X Frontman To Guest On HYDROGYN Album Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 2:49 pm

All you Dug fans, take note...

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=140768

Quote :
"We're all huge fans of KING'S X, particularly Jeff Westlake and myself," Jeff Young explained. "And we're all friends with Michael Wagener, who produced the last two KING'S X albums (2005's 'Ogre Tones' and 2008's 'XV'). Michael connected us with Doug and he was definitely down for it. We sent him the basic track right away, and he loved 'Big Star'. Initially, we only asked him to contribute vocals, but the more I thought about it... Remember, James Lomenzo is playing on every track on 'Judgment'. I went back to James and said, 'We should probably have Doug play bass on this, which will make the whole thing a little bit of a bigger guest spot.' Also a major KING'S X fan, J-LoKING'S X Frontman To Guest On HYDROGYN Album 2_bing was all about that. I asked Doug, and he was totally down for contributing the bass part. He laid his part down and it just sits in the track so well. His groove is amazing and it just really helped to lift 'Big Star' to exactly where it needs to be.""

I'm more shocked at the news that former Megadeth members Jeff Young and Jame Lomenzo are in the band Hydrogen. Who knew?!?

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: KING'S X Frontman To Guest On HYDROGYN Album   KING'S X Frontman To Guest On HYDROGYN Album Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 2:58 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
All you Dug fans, take note...

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=140768

Quote :
"We're all huge fans of KING'S X, particularly Jeff Westlake and myself," Jeff Young explained. "And we're all friends with Michael Wagener, who produced the last two KING'S X albums (2005's 'Ogre Tones' and 2008's 'XV'). Michael connected us with Doug and he was definitely down for it. We sent him the basic track right away, and he loved 'Big Star'. Initially, we only asked him to contribute vocals, but the more I thought about it... Remember, James Lomenzo is playing on every track on 'Judgment'. I went back to James and said, 'We should probably have Doug play bass on this, which will make the whole thing a little bit of a bigger guest spot.' Also a major KING'S X fan, J-LoKING'S X Frontman To Guest On HYDROGYN Album 2_bing was all about that. I asked Doug, and he was totally down for contributing the bass part. He laid his part down and it just sits in the track so well. His groove is amazing and it just really helped to lift 'Big Star' to exactly where it needs to be.""

I'm more shocked at the news that former Megadeth members Jeff Young and Jame Lomenzo are in the band Hydrogen. Who knew?!?
Me! Me! I did! Laughing

"Big Star" isn't a great song, though. Unless they've updated it quite a bit. It was originally on their debut, Best Served With Volume, which isn't all that amazing. Very demo-ish. They're a much better band since then, so hopefully the song is a lot better now.
Back to top Go down
325ad
Metal master
Metal master
325ad

Number of posts : 532

PostSubject: Re: KING'S X Frontman To Guest On HYDROGYN Album   KING'S X Frontman To Guest On HYDROGYN Album Icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 6:05 pm

Cool, I want to hear this.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: KING'S X Frontman To Guest On HYDROGYN Album   KING'S X Frontman To Guest On HYDROGYN Album Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

KING'S X Frontman To Guest On HYDROGYN Album
Page 1 of 1