Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Best Hagar-era Van Halen album?

Go down 
+15
MoonChild
thejokeriv
stepcousin
Metal Misfit
Troublezone
Schbopo
exact33
chewie
snooloui
XYZ
manny
Thrasher73
MetalGuy71
ultmetal
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Best Hagar-era Van Halen album? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best Hagar-era Van Halen album?   Best Hagar-era Van Halen album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 10:03 am

ultmetal wrote:
detuned wrote:
manny wrote:
I must be the only Van Halen fan that did not care for 'OU812'

It's one of their absolute worst albums...in fact, it's a pretty good example of basic laziness & "our fans will buy anything" attitude in the songwriting department.

I thought that about Diver Down. Basically an EP with three new Van Halen songs, some silly fillers, guitar fluff and a few covers. Less than 30 minutes of music, it's basically an EP.

Definitely agree with you on that. However, Diver Down is still a far superior album to OU812.
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Best Hagar-era Van Halen album?   Best Hagar-era Van Halen album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 11:10 am

Balance!
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: Best Hagar-era Van Halen album?   Best Hagar-era Van Halen album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 1:10 pm

I'd say 5150.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Best Hagar-era Van Halen album?   Best Hagar-era Van Halen album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 1:11 pm

Never cared for the Hagar era of VH. I wasn't much of a Hagar fan before he joined the band so when it was announced that he was replacing DLR my reaction was "Say what? They gotta be kidding."

Of course, compared to the short lived (shudder) Van Cherone era, the Hagar stuff is pure gold, but still, it's never done much for me.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Best Hagar-era Van Halen album?   Best Hagar-era Van Halen album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 9:27 pm

I'd say For Unlawful but I haven't heard Balance so I can't say for sure.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Best Hagar-era Van Halen album?   Best Hagar-era Van Halen album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 5:26 pm

Balance is good one too! Suprisingly Bruce "Horns" Fairbrain didn;t ruin it like he did with KISS
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best Hagar-era Van Halen album?   Best Hagar-era Van Halen album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 8:38 am

Ranked:

For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge
Balance
OU812

My favorite era of Van Halen...
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Best Hagar-era Van Halen album?   Best Hagar-era Van Halen album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 8:43 am

The album they never did where every heavy song sounds like 'Humans Being' and the rest of the songs sound like 'Right Now'. Best Hagar-era Van Halen album? - Page 2 Lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best Hagar-era Van Halen album?   Best Hagar-era Van Halen album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 9:01 am

detuned wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
detuned wrote:
manny wrote:
I must be the only Van Halen fan that did not care for 'OU812'

It's one of their absolute worst albums...in fact, it's a pretty good example of basic laziness & "our fans will buy anything" attitude in the songwriting department.

I thought that about Diver Down. Basically an EP with three new Van Halen songs, some silly fillers, guitar fluff and a few covers. Less than 30 minutes of music, it's basically an EP.

Definitely agree with you on that. However, Diver Down is still a far superior album to OU812.

You are out of your ever-loving mind...haha!! Best Hagar-era Van Halen album? - Page 2 Lol "When It's Love", "Sucker In A 3-Piece", "A Apolitical Blues", "AFU", "Cabo Wabo"...all great songs..."Secrets" and "Little Guitars" are fantastic as well, but come on...

Like Scott said...DD is a silly little fluff EP with a couple of new songs...OU812 is much better, IMO...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best Hagar-era Van Halen album?   Best Hagar-era Van Halen album? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Best Hagar-era Van Halen album?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2