Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Best SAMMY HAGAR?

Go down 
+19
JBall_Z
chewie
metalken
Garyah
stepcousin
nevermore
tohostudios
Ben Grimm
thejokeriv
krokus
akeldama
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
Lurideath
Eyesore
jstate
manny
ultmetal
23 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Best SAMMY HAGAR? Empty
PostSubject: Best SAMMY HAGAR?   Best SAMMY HAGAR? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 8:47 am

What would you say were the best albums Sammy Hagar ever recorded?

My money would be on:
MONTROSE - s/t
HAGAR SCHON ARRONSON SHRIEVE (HSAS) - Through the Fire

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Best SAMMY HAGAR? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best SAMMY HAGAR?   Best SAMMY HAGAR? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 8:54 am

ultmetal wrote:

My money would be on:
MONTROSE - s/t

I 100% agree with these two choices and I would also add Montrose-Paper Money and Van Halen-5150

as a solo artist:

Sammy Hagar-Standing Hampton
Sammy Hagar-Three Lock Box

Last edited by manny on Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

Best SAMMY HAGAR? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best SAMMY HAGAR?   Best SAMMY HAGAR? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 9:09 am

I don't think I've ever heard any Montrose except for the song Bad Motor Scooter (or whatever it's called). But otherwise,with Van Halen-5150 easily.His solo stuff would be Three Lock Box,Standing Hampton and V.O.A.
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

Best SAMMY HAGAR? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best SAMMY HAGAR?   Best SAMMY HAGAR? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 9:26 am

Won't say it's the best, but it is my favorite - Three Lock Box.

For best it'd be hard for me not to say Montrose - s/t.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

Best SAMMY HAGAR? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best SAMMY HAGAR?   Best SAMMY HAGAR? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 11:30 am

I've been buying Hagar's solo stuff recently, and I dig it all.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

Best SAMMY HAGAR? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best SAMMY HAGAR?   Best SAMMY HAGAR? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 1:31 pm

His greatest hits album "Unboxed"
Back to top Go down

Best SAMMY HAGAR? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best SAMMY HAGAR?   Best SAMMY HAGAR? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 2:16 pm

Lurideath wrote:

i just had to check this post to see what Shannon could have possibly contributed to a Sammy hagar discussion! haha - just kidding bro.

Standing Hampton is a classic masterpiece of 80's rock. Also, love the HSAS album [I have a boot from the one tour they did. Top notch professionals all around!]
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Best SAMMY HAGAR? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best SAMMY HAGAR?   Best SAMMY HAGAR? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 2:20 pm

Lurideath wrote:

I owned that at one time and even then, it collected allot of dust. Other than his work in Van Halen, I never cared much for his solo work. The few hits he had with Montrose were ok and I got a free copy of Chickenfoot that I kinda dig. Time will tell if it's a keeper though.

I do appreciate and respect his lifestyle though. He's like the hard rock Jimmy Buffet.

Best SAMMY HAGAR? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best SAMMY HAGAR?   Best SAMMY HAGAR? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 2:41 pm

I like the majority of his work prior to Van Hagar, but haven't liked a single note since.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

Best SAMMY HAGAR? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best SAMMY HAGAR?   Best SAMMY HAGAR? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 2:43 pm

Best SAMMY HAGAR? 3267

I'd rather drink his tequila than listen to his tunes... Best SAMMY HAGAR? Icon_razz

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Best SAMMY HAGAR? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best SAMMY HAGAR?   Best SAMMY HAGAR? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 2:51 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Best SAMMY HAGAR? 3267

I'd rather drink his tequila than listen to his tunes... Best SAMMY HAGAR? Icon_razz

I recieved a bottle of his hooch as a housewarming (bar-warming?) gift about 6 years ago and still haven't broken the seal. Not sure what "special occasion" I'm waiting for. Guess 'cause I'm not a big tequilla fan.

Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

Best SAMMY HAGAR? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best SAMMY HAGAR?   Best SAMMY HAGAR? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 2:53 pm

Montrose-S/T
Sammy Hagar-Danger Zone, Street Machine & Three Lock Box
VH-All of 'em.
HSAS-Through The Fire & No Animation Live (a bootleg I have).
Chickenfoot-S/T
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

Best SAMMY HAGAR? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best SAMMY HAGAR?   Best SAMMY HAGAR? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 3:37 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
I like the majority of his work prior to Van Hagar, but haven't liked a single note since.

I agree, but i liked CHICKENFOOT album (only i still hate the name of that band Best SAMMY HAGAR? 355277
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

Best SAMMY HAGAR? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best SAMMY HAGAR?   Best SAMMY HAGAR? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 3:53 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Best SAMMY HAGAR? 3267

I recieved a bottle of his hooch as a housewarming (bar-warming?) gift about 6 years ago and still haven't broken the seal. Not sure what "special occasion" I'm waiting for. Guess 'cause I'm not a big tequilla fan.

LOL!!!! Then ship it off to a tequila fan!!!!
Back to top Go down
Ben Grimm
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Ben Grimm

Number of posts : 450

Best SAMMY HAGAR? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best SAMMY HAGAR?   Best SAMMY HAGAR? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 3:59 pm

I'd say Van Halen 5150 is a favorite of mine, in his solo work VOA and Three Lock Box, I am not a big fan of his post Van Halen solo work, Chickenfoot is good but they need to write some better songs on future efforts, there was not a great song on that album, I was kind of disapointed great potential and you can hear it but the songs need that "something" to make them better
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/inedibleben
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Best SAMMY HAGAR? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best SAMMY HAGAR?   Best SAMMY HAGAR? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 4:10 pm

Quote :
as a solo artist:

Sammy Hagar-Standing Hampton
Sammy Hagar-Three Lock Box

I agree.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

Best SAMMY HAGAR? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best SAMMY HAGAR?   Best SAMMY HAGAR? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 5:43 pm

ultmetal wrote:

My money would be on:
MONTROSE - s/t

The two you mentioned plus Standing Hampton and Three Lock Box.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

Best SAMMY HAGAR? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best SAMMY HAGAR?   Best SAMMY HAGAR? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 9:03 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Best SAMMY HAGAR? 3267

I'm not much of a tequila guy either, in fact after a, shall we say, "bad tequila experience" one night in college I didn't touch that stuff again for a good 15 years, but a while ago a buddy of mine bought me a shot of Sammy's stuff when we went out to dinner and I had to admit it was pretty damn smooth.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

Best SAMMY HAGAR? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best SAMMY HAGAR?   Best SAMMY HAGAR? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 9:18 pm

Standing Hampton, Three Lock Box and VOA was a great trifecta of 80's rock. Like his VH stuff and Chickenfoot too.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

Best SAMMY HAGAR? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best SAMMY HAGAR?   Best SAMMY HAGAR? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 10:01 pm

I like his post VH solo albums except his last 2.
Back to top Go down
stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

Best SAMMY HAGAR? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best SAMMY HAGAR?   Best SAMMY HAGAR? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 4:04 am

ultmetal wrote:

My money would be on:
MONTROSE - s/t

these 2 would definitely be in my top 5. We all know that Montrose s/t is one of the best hard rock albums to come out of the 70's and the HSAS album really does kick some booty, Schon's smooth guitar work goes so well with Sammy's vocals. His late 70's solo albums really rocked and gave us a large handful of classic rock anthems. My teenage rock and roll coming of age years were '81-'84 and Sammy released Standing Hampton, 3 Lock Box, and VOA; all of which I bought as new releases and really were part of the dozens of albums that epitomized and shaped my life back then.
Back to top Go down
Garyah
Metal novice
Metal novice
Garyah

Number of posts : 27

Best SAMMY HAGAR? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best SAMMY HAGAR?   Best SAMMY HAGAR? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 1:08 pm

Albums: at this point, Red (though I think this was also his s/t), Danger Zone and Street Machine

Songs: it has always been Urban Guerilla and Heavy Metal
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/garyah1962
metalken
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 819

Best SAMMY HAGAR? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best SAMMY HAGAR?   Best SAMMY HAGAR? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 10:50 pm

I will have to agree with the first two mentioned - Montrose s/t and HSAS. That said, I have enjoyed the entire Hagar catalog that I have heard.
Back to top Go down

Best SAMMY HAGAR? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best SAMMY HAGAR?   Best SAMMY HAGAR? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 2:29 am

The only one I can still listen to and keep a straight face is "MONTROSE".

Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

Best SAMMY HAGAR? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best SAMMY HAGAR?   Best SAMMY HAGAR? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 12:49 pm

akeldama wrote:
Montrose-S/T
HSAS-Through The Fire & No Animation Live (a bootleg I have).

Those three and a song here and there. My favorite is the version of Heavy Metal off of the soundtrack, it sounds heavier and rawer than the Standing Hampton(?) version.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Best SAMMY HAGAR? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best SAMMY HAGAR?   Best SAMMY HAGAR? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Best SAMMY HAGAR?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next