Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Stop Press! - Lars Ulrich speeks about new metallica album!

Go down 
+7
Chairman_Smith
Damien Solta
Smindas
Required Fields
mc666
ultmetal
TheGooch
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

Stop Press! - Lars Ulrich speeks about new metallica album! Empty
PostSubject: Stop Press! - Lars Ulrich speeks about new metallica album!   Stop Press! - Lars Ulrich speeks about new metallica album! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2007 9:15 am

ok i just sourced this from blabbermouth
Belgium's Studio Brussel conducted an interview with METALLICA drummer Lars Ulrich on Sunday (July 1) prior to the band's appearance at the Rock Werchter festival. In regards to METALLICA's new studio album, Lars said the backing tracks were done in May and that the band will start laying down vocals and overdubs in August in hopes of finishing the CD by October or November. Lars predicted the album will drop in February 2008. He said, "It doesn't sound like 'St. Anger' to me. It's a little early to kind of put in a soundbite exactly. But it doesn't sound anything like 'St. Anger'. It's probably a little more dynamic, and a little more varied, and it has lots of different nutty METALLICA stuff on it. I don't know. . . One thing I can tell you is that [the songs] are quite long." Regarding talk of Eastern influences, as hinted by guitarist Kirk Hammett in an Austrian interview a couple of months ago, Ulrich said, "There's a couple of bits in there that could be called Eastern, but don't read too much into that — it's not an album full of 12 'Kashmir's or anything [referring to the classic LED ZEPPELIN track famous for its Eastern influences — Ed.]. But there is some stuff in that direction, sure." Lars also spoke about some of his favorite European festivals and what to expect from their Rock Werchter show. Listen to the four-and-a-half-minute interview at this location.

enjoy!

i just listened to the radio interview and it is interesting. someone should count how many times lars says "UM" cos it is a lot!

Last edited by on Mon Jul 02, 2007 9:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Stop Press! - Lars Ulrich speeks about new metallica album!   Stop Press! - Lars Ulrich speeks about new metallica album! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2007 9:18 am

Well, he didn't really say much, other than it doesn't sound like St. Anger. I guess despite how hard they fought that St. Anger was their best album yet, they realize that their huge fan base didn't like it. I guess we'll just have to wait until February to hear the results.

nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: Stop Press! - Lars Ulrich speeks about new metallica album!   Stop Press! - Lars Ulrich speeks about new metallica album! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2007 9:25 am

the eastern influences could be interesting to hear and long songs also. Remeber the songs on st.anger were quite long so that does not mean a lot
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stop Press! - Lars Ulrich speeks about new metallica album!   Stop Press! - Lars Ulrich speeks about new metallica album! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2007 6:28 pm

I saw a live video of Metallica on YouTube playing a song entitled "The New Song" and it was LONG! (Besides the fact that Rob Trujillo forgot to de-tune his friggin bass) And no, it sounds nothing like St.Anger. It sounded awesome (except the fact that James' singing wasn't really on par)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stop Press! - Lars Ulrich speeks about new metallica album!   Stop Press! - Lars Ulrich speeks about new metallica album! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2007 6:31 pm

axewielder wrote:
I saw a live video of Metallica on YouTube playing a song entitled "The New Song" and it was LONG! (Besides the fact that Rob Trujillo forgot to de-tune his friggin bass) And no, it sounds nothing like St.Anger. It sounded awesome (except the fact that James' singing wasn't really on par)
That song has a nice Load/Reload vibe. Check out the thread I started about Metallica surprising us; I posted a YouTube clip of some dude that actually recorded a studio cover of that song, and it sounds a lot better. However, according to Trujillo, that song, and the other punkish song they're playing live, won't be included on the new album. A good sign, though. I won't go as far as saying it's an awesome song, but it was very good and blew anything on St. Anger away.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stop Press! - Lars Ulrich speeks about new metallica album!   Stop Press! - Lars Ulrich speeks about new metallica album! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2007 7:22 pm

Eyesore wrote:
axewielder wrote:
That song has a nice Load/Reload vibe. Check out the thread I started about Metallica surprising us; I posted a YouTube clip of some dude that actually recorded a studio cover of that song, and it sounds a lot better. However, according to Trujillo, that song, and the other punkish song they're playing live, won't be included on the new album. A good sign, though. I won't go as far as saying it's an awesome song, but it was very good and blew anything on St. Anger away.

Those songs won't be on the new album? That sucks. I was kinda looking forward to hearing them on the new album.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stop Press! - Lars Ulrich speeks about new metallica album!   Stop Press! - Lars Ulrich speeks about new metallica album! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2007 7:26 pm

That's what Trujillo said. Personally, I'd be a little annoyed if that punk song made it onto the album. It's all good if they want to fart around and play it live, but it doesn't belong on an album. A b-side? No problem. On the album? No way!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stop Press! - Lars Ulrich speeks about new metallica album!   Stop Press! - Lars Ulrich speeks about new metallica album! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2007 8:06 pm

interviewer - "you're busy working on the new album, how's that going"

Matallica - "as you can see, we're very busy working on the new album"

sorry, that just irritated me. Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Stop Press! - Lars Ulrich speeks about new metallica album!   Stop Press! - Lars Ulrich speeks about new metallica album! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2007 11:23 pm

no real news here unfortunetly. we'll just have to wait.

Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28442

PostSubject: Re: Stop Press! - Lars Ulrich speeks about new metallica album!   Stop Press! - Lars Ulrich speeks about new metallica album! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2007 11:27 pm

I'm expecting St. Anger Part II.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan

PostSubject: Re: Stop Press! - Lars Ulrich speeks about new metallica album!   Stop Press! - Lars Ulrich speeks about new metallica album! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2007 12:28 am

Required Fields wrote:
I'm expecting St. Anger Part II.
I honestly don't think the band is that stupid. I think St. Anger was something of a therapeutic release for the band. Something like exercising the demons, and that album was clearly pure evil! Haha. The Some Kind Of Monster documentary, I think, verifies this. The band vehemently defended the album at first, but then slowly they started saying different things. A new mix of one of the singles was released, with a better drum tone and a solo. Lars criticized his own drum sound, etc.

I think the band knows that the album is pretty bad, but they can't just come out and say it, you know? I don't expect a St. Anger II. I expect a Re-Reloaded.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: Stop Press! - Lars Ulrich speeks about new metallica album!   Stop Press! - Lars Ulrich speeks about new metallica album! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2007 12:30 am

the people who have already made up their minds that they will not like it, probably won't. they can just continue to live in '86.

PostSubject: Re: Stop Press! - Lars Ulrich speeks about new metallica album!   Stop Press! - Lars Ulrich speeks about new metallica album! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2007 12:42 am

I honestly have faith in the band that if they put out St.Anger II, I know as well as all of us that that would push them over the edge into complete and utter disaster. Maybe not for them, but for me. If they did that same album: crappy sound quality, horrible drums, NO FRIGGIN SOLO; I will lie awake at night listening to the old Metallica albums, crying, saying to myself "What have you done, you retards?" while proceeding to tear down my posters and stuff.

Although, if they do put out another St. Anger, I will personally guarantee that you guys won't see me on this forum anymore, while I listen to- dare I say it- POP PUNK!!!!!

P.S: I HATE POP-PUNK!!!
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: Stop Press! - Lars Ulrich speeks about new metallica album!   Stop Press! - Lars Ulrich speeks about new metallica album! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2007 6:15 am

TheCumming Curse91 wrote:
interviewer - "you're busy working on the new album, how's that going"

Matallica - "as you can see, we're very busy working on the new album"

sorry, that just irritated me. Laughing very hard

it was kinda funny to hear. i was like "wel durrr lars"lol!
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: Stop Press! - Lars Ulrich speeks about new metallica album!   Stop Press! - Lars Ulrich speeks about new metallica album! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2007 6:17 am

do you know what.....
I LISTENED TO ST.ANGER YESTERDAY!!!!

an you know what?
I liked it!🤘
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Stop Press! - Lars Ulrich speeks about new metallica album!   Stop Press! - Lars Ulrich speeks about new metallica album! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2007 9:58 am

Get out.

Nah, I'm just messing.

PostSubject: Re: Stop Press! - Lars Ulrich speeks about new metallica album!   Stop Press! - Lars Ulrich speeks about new metallica album! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2007 12:10 pm

TheGooch wrote:
do you know what.....

an you know what?
I liked it!🤘

That's it. I'm leaving. Won't be hearin' from me anymore. lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stop Press! - Lars Ulrich speeks about new metallica album!   Stop Press! - Lars Ulrich speeks about new metallica album! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2007 6:37 pm

I think St. Anger is great, it's one of the best albums of '03, it's no MOP or RTL but it's great in it's own right, in my opinion, there wouldn't be a bad track on there if it wasn't for "Dirty Window" which is the most boring thing I've ever heard. That track aside I think it's overall, very solid and enjoyable release, and totally ownz Re/Load.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stop Press! - Lars Ulrich speeks about new metallica album!   Stop Press! - Lars Ulrich speeks about new metallica album! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2007 6:54 pm

Well, I have faith that this new album will be better than St. Anger.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stop Press! - Lars Ulrich speeks about new metallica album!   Stop Press! - Lars Ulrich speeks about new metallica album! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2007 7:02 pm

I hope it's better too, I just wouldn't be disappointed if it was on the same level as St. Anger, maybe not the same style, but the same level.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: Stop Press! - Lars Ulrich speeks about new metallica album!   Stop Press! - Lars Ulrich speeks about new metallica album! Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2007 9:26 am

axewielder wrote:
TheGooch wrote:
do you know what.....

an you know what?
I liked it!🤘

That's it. I'm leaving. Won't be hearin' from me anymore. lol!

just kidding lol!

hah ah ah you all fell for it! ha ah a ha h
Back to top Go down
Damien Solta
Metal student
Metal student

Number of posts : 112

PostSubject: Re: Stop Press! - Lars Ulrich speeks about new metallica album!   Stop Press! - Lars Ulrich speeks about new metallica album! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2007 10:37 pm

If they did another St. Anger, then it's fine with me, I just would like the guitars to sound more like 1998's S&M I guess. Other than that it's ok with me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stop Press! - Lars Ulrich speeks about new metallica album!   Stop Press! - Lars Ulrich speeks about new metallica album! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2007 10:43 pm

Damien Solta wrote:
If they did another St. Anger, then it's fine with me, I just would like the guitars to sound more like 1998's S&M I guess. Other than that it's ok with me.
Are you kidding? You thought the vocals and drums were OK on St. Anger? I do believe you're the only deaf metal fan on the forum. lol!
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: Stop Press! - Lars Ulrich speeks about new metallica album!   Stop Press! - Lars Ulrich speeks about new metallica album! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2007 10:54 pm

Eyesore wrote:
I do believe you're the only deaf metal fan on the forum.
not quite...
https://heartofmetal.niceboard.com/Heart-Of-Metal-f1/New-Exodus-samples-here-t2517.htm#44474

PostSubject: Re: Stop Press! - Lars Ulrich speeks about new metallica album!   Stop Press! - Lars Ulrich speeks about new metallica album! Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2007 10:40 am

My money will be much better spent on the much anticipated Kajagoogoo reunion album. They say that they are going back to their "Too Shy" roots, but are incorporating some tribal rhythms.

I can't wait.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stop Press! - Lars Ulrich speeks about new metallica album!   Stop Press! - Lars Ulrich speeks about new metallica album! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stop Press! - Lars Ulrich speeks about new metallica album!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next