Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Mustaine says Lars was gonna be fired from Metallica... Scott Ian says "no".

Go down 
+26
MetalH
metalinmyveins
Thrasher73
Troublezone
shamgar75
Lurideath
Mglaffas81
powermacho
sam
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
Smindas
biddle
7thSecond
kmorg
INVADERS
Wicked Rick
mc666
manny
DeathCult
GrandNational
Stender
the sentinel
Temple of Blood
James B.
Metal Misfit
30 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

Mustaine says Lars was gonna be fired from Metallica... Scott Ian says "no". Empty
PostSubject: Mustaine says Lars was gonna be fired from Metallica... Scott Ian says "no".   Mustaine says Lars was gonna be fired from Metallica... Scott Ian says "no". Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 10:14 pm

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=124444

Interesting. Thoughts on a Lars-less Metallica?
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12635

Mustaine says Lars was gonna be fired from Metallica... Scott Ian says "no". Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mustaine says Lars was gonna be fired from Metallica... Scott Ian says "no".   Mustaine says Lars was gonna be fired from Metallica... Scott Ian says "no". Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 10:30 pm

save the drama for your mama

Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Mustaine says Lars was gonna be fired from Metallica... Scott Ian says "no".   Mustaine says Lars was gonna be fired from Metallica... Scott Ian says "no". Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 10:50 pm

Dave said they were gonna kick Lars and James out at different times during his tenure in the band in a Metal Forces interview back in 85.

Last edited by Temple of Blood on Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Mustaine says Lars was gonna be fired from Metallica... Scott Ian says "no".   Mustaine says Lars was gonna be fired from Metallica... Scott Ian says "no". Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 10:52 pm

Hmm!
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Mustaine says Lars was gonna be fired from Metallica... Scott Ian says "no".   Mustaine says Lars was gonna be fired from Metallica... Scott Ian says "no". Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 11:00 pm

They probably would still be in the same sappy position they are in now...
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Mustaine says Lars was gonna be fired from Metallica... Scott Ian says "no".   Mustaine says Lars was gonna be fired from Metallica... Scott Ian says "no". Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 11:03 pm

At this point, who cares?
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Mustaine says Lars was gonna be fired from Metallica... Scott Ian says "no".   Mustaine says Lars was gonna be fired from Metallica... Scott Ian says "no". Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 11:07 pm

Ridiculous.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Mustaine says Lars was gonna be fired from Metallica... Scott Ian says "no".   Mustaine says Lars was gonna be fired from Metallica... Scott Ian says "no". Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 11:11 pm

Silly crap.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Mustaine says Lars was gonna be fired from Metallica... Scott Ian says "no".   Mustaine says Lars was gonna be fired from Metallica... Scott Ian says "no". Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 12:51 am

Dave is a drama queen. plus, he likes to try & stick it to Lars every chance he gets.

Wicked Rick
Metal novice
Metal novice
Wicked Rick

Number of posts : 61

PostSubject: Re: Mustaine says Lars was gonna be fired from Metallica... Scott Ian says "no".   Mustaine says Lars was gonna be fired from Metallica... Scott Ian says "no". Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 1:13 am

Guys,

Face facts, Metallica Sucks!!!
Back to top Go down
INVADERS
Metal master
Metal master
INVADERS

Number of posts : 937

PostSubject: Re: Mustaine says Lars was gonna be fired from Metallica... Scott Ian says "no".   Mustaine says Lars was gonna be fired from Metallica... Scott Ian says "no". Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 3:33 am

Dave is a drama queen and needs to get over the whole metallica thing, but it would be cool if metallica did kick lars out because then they could get a decent drummer!
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Mustaine says Lars was gonna be fired from Metallica... Scott Ian says "no".   Mustaine says Lars was gonna be fired from Metallica... Scott Ian says "no". Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 4:06 am

Holding a grudge after nearly 30 years. Props to Dave! Rolling Eyes

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Mustaine says Lars was gonna be fired from Metallica... Scott Ian says "no".   Mustaine says Lars was gonna be fired from Metallica... Scott Ian says "no". Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 7:08 am

I do not get Mustaine, he has been and lead a successful band for over 20 years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He is not washing dishes somewhere, he did not end up like Alan Atkins or Dave Evans pondering what might have been, he actually made it!! And has managed to hold on to his success, and to a large part of audience for over 20 years, enough with this Metallica b.s.
Back to top Go down
7thSecond
Metal master
Metal master
7thSecond

Number of posts : 665

PostSubject: Re: Mustaine says Lars was gonna be fired from Metallica... Scott Ian says "no".   Mustaine says Lars was gonna be fired from Metallica... Scott Ian says "no". Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 8:59 am

INVADERS wrote:
but it would be cool if metallica did kick lars out because then they could get a decent drummer!
I agree. To bad he wasn't better at tennis. Lars has always been the member of Metallica that I just didn't like. More to do with him then his skills though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mustaine says Lars was gonna be fired from Metallica... Scott Ian says "no".   Mustaine says Lars was gonna be fired from Metallica... Scott Ian says "no". Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 9:30 am

I'm so sick of listening to Dave bitching about this sh*t for the last 25 years.

Hey Dave... Mustaine says Lars was gonna be fired from Metallica... Scott Ian says "no". 692390:

Last edited by detuned on Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
biddle
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
biddle

Number of posts : 337

PostSubject: Re: Mustaine says Lars was gonna be fired from Metallica... Scott Ian says "no".   Mustaine says Lars was gonna be fired from Metallica... Scott Ian says "no". Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 9:36 am

Who the hell cares?! Dave's been using this drama as a way to get media exposure for decades. Now Anthrax is feeling the need to get into the mix too? I guess if dropping your new vocalist doesn't make headlines, you can always blog about the never ending Mustaine/Metallica fued.

Does Dave even care? I don't really hear him talking much about it anymore. Seems fans care about this crap and bring it up moreso than Dave does.
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Mustaine says Lars was gonna be fired from Metallica... Scott Ian says "no".   Mustaine says Lars was gonna be fired from Metallica... Scott Ian says "no". Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 9:40 am

Whilst I think Dave is a bit of a glutton for drama, it isn't helped by idiotic journalists effectively egging him on to say these things. If they keep asking him Metallica, of course he's going to talk about it.

Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: Mustaine says Lars was gonna be fired from Metallica... Scott Ian says "no".   Mustaine says Lars was gonna be fired from Metallica... Scott Ian says "no". Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 9:52 am

Guys ... Dave didn't bring this up. He just answered the question. It's not his fault people keep asking him about METALLICA.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37658

PostSubject: Re: Mustaine says Lars was gonna be fired from Metallica... Scott Ian says "no".   Mustaine says Lars was gonna be fired from Metallica... Scott Ian says "no". Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 9:54 am

Meh, whatever. It was 25 years ago. Water under the bridge.

Though I do like this comment from a Blabbermouth reader under the article:

"Funny how Anthrax and Scott Ian can respond so quickly to Mustaine's comment, but can't give any sort of timely or decent explanation for Dan Nelson's ouster. Go figure."

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Mustaine says Lars was gonna be fired from Metallica... Scott Ian says "no".   Mustaine says Lars was gonna be fired from Metallica... Scott Ian says "no". Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 10:34 am

Smindas wrote:
Whilst I think Dave is a bit of a glutton for drama, it isn't helped by idiotic journalists effectively egging him on to say these things. If they keep asking him Metallica, of course he's going to talk about it.

Exactly. Dave just answers the questions asked. Maybe if lazy writers/reporters would stop asking him, he'd stop commenting.

Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: Mustaine says Lars was gonna be fired from Metallica... Scott Ian says "no".   Mustaine says Lars was gonna be fired from Metallica... Scott Ian says "no". Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 10:46 am

Music "journalists" are the worst.
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Mustaine says Lars was gonna be fired from Metallica... Scott Ian says "no".   Mustaine says Lars was gonna be fired from Metallica... Scott Ian says "no". Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 11:10 am

GrandNational wrote:
At this point, who cares?

my sentiments exactly.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal

PostSubject: Re: Mustaine says Lars was gonna be fired from Metallica... Scott Ian says "no".   Mustaine says Lars was gonna be fired from Metallica... Scott Ian says "no". Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 12:41 pm

I don't really care but if Lars had been booted maybe we wouldn't have some of those turd albums of theirs.
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1773

PostSubject: Re: Mustaine says Lars was gonna be fired from Metallica... Scott Ian says "no".   Mustaine says Lars was gonna be fired from Metallica... Scott Ian says "no". Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 1:07 pm

I hope dave never goes back to metallica. His music is much better than metallica, and I wouldn't want metallica to take credit of what mustaine would write
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2255

PostSubject: Re: Mustaine says Lars was gonna be fired from Metallica... Scott Ian says "no".   Mustaine says Lars was gonna be fired from Metallica... Scott Ian says "no". Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 1:15 pm

7thSecond wrote:
INVADERS wrote:
but it would be cool if metallica did kick lars out because then they could get a decent drummer!
I agree. To bad he wasn't better at tennis. Lars has always been the member of Metallica that I just didn't like. More to do with him then his skills though.

There is no Metallica without Lars. End of story, it's not even up for discussion. He has been the driving force in the band since he first met James in 1981. I can't believe you guys seriously mean that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mustaine says Lars was gonna be fired from Metallica... Scott Ian says "no".   Mustaine says Lars was gonna be fired from Metallica... Scott Ian says "no". Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mustaine says Lars was gonna be fired from Metallica... Scott Ian says "no".
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next