Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Assemblage 23 (or, an attempt to calm down the unintentionally popular Orianthi thread)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

Assemblage 23 (or, an attempt to calm down the unintentionally popular Orianthi thread) Empty
PostSubject: Assemblage 23 (or, an attempt to calm down the unintentionally popular Orianthi thread)   Assemblage 23 (or, an attempt to calm down the unintentionally popular Orianthi thread) Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 8:08 pm

So. I'm a fan of A23 and got to see him/them Sunday night. Good show (for two guys), fun and often cheesy clothing and atmosphere.

Some favorite songs for the uninitiated and MB will be on this if he isn't already:

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Assemblage 23 (or, an attempt to calm down the unintentionally popular Orianthi thread) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Assemblage 23 (or, an attempt to calm down the unintentionally popular Orianthi thread)   Assemblage 23 (or, an attempt to calm down the unintentionally popular Orianthi thread) Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 8:11 pm

MB will be all over this.

For me, I like the industrial trappings but I need more "metallic bite".

Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: Assemblage 23 (or, an attempt to calm down the unintentionally popular Orianthi thread)   Assemblage 23 (or, an attempt to calm down the unintentionally popular Orianthi thread) Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 8:13 pm

LOVE THIS STUFF!!! That settles it. I'm buying an album.

Assemblage 23 (or, an attempt to calm down the unintentionally popular Orianthi thread) 25679
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

PostSubject: Re: Assemblage 23 (or, an attempt to calm down the unintentionally popular Orianthi thread)   Assemblage 23 (or, an attempt to calm down the unintentionally popular Orianthi thread) Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 8:15 pm

I find many parallels in a lot of A23 and similar artists with a lot of metal I enjoy, which is how I got into it, but I wish sometimes he would branch out some instrumentally as well, once in a while there's such a thing as too simple and I wonder what an otherwise great song would sound like if it just had that missing majestic part in the middle, you know...
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

PostSubject: Re: Assemblage 23 (or, an attempt to calm down the unintentionally popular Orianthi thread)   Assemblage 23 (or, an attempt to calm down the unintentionally popular Orianthi thread) Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 8:16 pm

Metallic Blaze wrote:
LOVE THIS STUFF!!! That settles it. I'm buying an album.

Assemblage 23 (or, an attempt to calm down the unintentionally popular Orianthi thread) 25679

I would start with 'Failure' or maybe the new one (Compass). Or 'Storm'. 'Storm' is the most 'upbeat' one if that makes any difference.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Assemblage 23 (or, an attempt to calm down the unintentionally popular Orianthi thread)   Assemblage 23 (or, an attempt to calm down the unintentionally popular Orianthi thread) Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 8:20 pm

This is my latest industrial discovery:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3DdowVfAK0

Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Assemblage 23 (or, an attempt to calm down the unintentionally popular Orianthi thread)   Assemblage 23 (or, an attempt to calm down the unintentionally popular Orianthi thread) Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 8:20 pm

Orion, since you like this are you a fan of Seabound or VNV Nation?
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

PostSubject: Re: Assemblage 23 (or, an attempt to calm down the unintentionally popular Orianthi thread)   Assemblage 23 (or, an attempt to calm down the unintentionally popular Orianthi thread) Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 8:23 pm

I'm a fan of VNV, Wolfsheim, Apoptygma Berzerk...Haven't heard Seabound..
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Assemblage 23 (or, an attempt to calm down the unintentionally popular Orianthi thread)   Assemblage 23 (or, an attempt to calm down the unintentionally popular Orianthi thread) Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 8:23 pm

I didnt care for the beat in Am I The Rain it was too Dance Cluby techno for me, However the Christmas Lights song kicks major ass I really am liking this song kinda reminds me of She Wants Revenge meets Duran Duran I also dug the last song all in all Id buy a CD if it was priced right
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Assemblage 23 (or, an attempt to calm down the unintentionally popular Orianthi thread)   Assemblage 23 (or, an attempt to calm down the unintentionally popular Orianthi thread) Icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 7:31 am

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
I'm a fan of VNV, Wolfsheim, Apoptygma Berzerk...Haven't heard Seabound..

Let me know what you think!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Assemblage 23 (or, an attempt to calm down the unintentionally popular Orianthi thread)   Assemblage 23 (or, an attempt to calm down the unintentionally popular Orianthi thread) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Assemblage 23 (or, an attempt to calm down the unintentionally popular Orianthi thread)
Page 1 of 1