Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

MB's album of the day 12/1. Dekapitator ~ The Storm Before the Calm

Go down 
+4
ultmetal
James B.
Lurideath
Metallic Blaze
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

MB's album of the day 12/1. Dekapitator ~ The Storm Before the Calm Empty
PostSubject: MB's album of the day 12/1. Dekapitator ~ The Storm Before the Calm   MB's album of the day 12/1. Dekapitator ~ The Storm Before the Calm Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 6:38 pm

Dekapitator ~ The Storm Before the Calm

MB's album of the day 12/1. Dekapitator ~ The Storm Before the Calm Dekapitator_thestormbeforethecalm
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: MB's album of the day 12/1. Dekapitator ~ The Storm Before the Calm   MB's album of the day 12/1. Dekapitator ~ The Storm Before the Calm Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 6:41 pm

This is one of my favorite albums from this 'new wave of thrash' movement.

When I first got this album 2 years ago, I wasn't really into it. I kinda of put it aside for a while. Then later, I rediscovered it and really liked it for whatever reason.

I'm not wild about a lot of these bands as I see them as pretty generic. I usually prefer the thrash acts who have a lot of originality to their music (like Skeletonwitch, 3 Inches of Blood, etc), however this band really has something going for them IMO.

The songwriting is fantastic and really brings to mind the days when I first got into thrash when I was a kid.

Any other fans? I'd rate this album a very solid 8.5/10.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: MB's album of the day 12/1. Dekapitator ~ The Storm Before the Calm   MB's album of the day 12/1. Dekapitator ~ The Storm Before the Calm Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 12:43 am

Yeah they were an awesome band! Too bad they disbanded now. Played quite a few shows with them and they always kicked ass!
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: MB's album of the day 12/1. Dekapitator ~ The Storm Before the Calm   MB's album of the day 12/1. Dekapitator ~ The Storm Before the Calm Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 8:37 am

I saw them onstage and got the cd.

Would of been kewl to see them with AoB and I wish I could find "storm" on vinyl like I found AoB.

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: MB's album of the day 12/1. Dekapitator ~ The Storm Before the Calm   MB's album of the day 12/1. Dekapitator ~ The Storm Before the Calm Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 9:02 am

Haven't heard this one in a while. Dug it out and am jammin' it right now. headbanger

Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: MB's album of the day 12/1. Dekapitator ~ The Storm Before the Calm   MB's album of the day 12/1. Dekapitator ~ The Storm Before the Calm Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 9:37 am

Darn good album.One of the best thrash albums at the time.Didnt know they disbanded,thats a shame.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MB's album of the day 12/1. Dekapitator ~ The Storm Before the Calm   MB's album of the day 12/1. Dekapitator ~ The Storm Before the Calm Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 9:44 am

Only received it monday so I haven't had a chance to listen to it.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: MB's album of the day 12/1. Dekapitator ~ The Storm Before the Calm   MB's album of the day 12/1. Dekapitator ~ The Storm Before the Calm Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 10:28 am

Hmmmm, must've missed these guys on the forst go-round. Not ringing any bells, but checking them out on myspace now. Not quite sold on the vocals, but the music sounds decent enough. Repeated spins could sway me though.

http://www.myspace.com/dekapitator

PostSubject: Re: MB's album of the day 12/1. Dekapitator ~ The Storm Before the Calm   MB's album of the day 12/1. Dekapitator ~ The Storm Before the Calm Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 12:09 pm

Great, bay area sounding thrash. Didn't know they disbanded. Shame.
Back to top Go down
sheets
Metal master
Metal master
sheets

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: MB's album of the day 12/1. Dekapitator ~ The Storm Before the Calm   MB's album of the day 12/1. Dekapitator ~ The Storm Before the Calm Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 3:01 pm

I love the album cover Smile The music is also a cut above a lot of the stuff from younger thrash bands.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: MB's album of the day 12/1. Dekapitator ~ The Storm Before the Calm   MB's album of the day 12/1. Dekapitator ~ The Storm Before the Calm Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 6:48 pm

yeah, it is too bad they broke up. Are any of the members pursuing any other musical avenues?
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: MB's album of the day 12/1. Dekapitator ~ The Storm Before the Calm   MB's album of the day 12/1. Dekapitator ~ The Storm Before the Calm Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 8:15 pm

Good cd!

Wargod50
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MB's album of the day 12/1. Dekapitator ~ The Storm Before the Calm   MB's album of the day 12/1. Dekapitator ~ The Storm Before the Calm Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MB's album of the day 12/1. Dekapitator ~ The Storm Before the Calm
Page 1 of 1