Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Best comeback album

Go down 
+36
HamburgerBoy
MEGATRON
Doomdance
Danimal77
XYZ
scottmitchell74
SlaytanicPOWER
Stender
Lurideath
Addy
MetalGuy71
biddle
Troublezone
Mglaffas81
JBall_Z
mc666
thejokeriv
Metal Misfit
Tur-Thalion
Joe
Sword Of The Heretic
Orion Crystal Ice
jstate
exact33
Ben Grimm
Schbopo
Metallic Blaze
James B.
Gilbert
Thrasher73
JDC
manny
Dave the Boss
ultmetal
Temple of Blood
40 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

Best comeback album - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best comeback album   Best comeback album - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 10:52 pm

exact33 wrote:
scottmitchell74 wrote:
Quote :
No, "Death Magnetic" was a fantastic comeback album!!!

I agree! I love that album.

I like it a lot too. I think at this point, alot of people just hate on Metallica just because its the hip thing in the metal world to do.

You got that right my friend!

Best comeback album - Page 4 495333

Right now it's popular to hate Metallica and to hate Ozzy.

Bzzzzt. Sorry fellas ... I was never one for following trends.

I love them both. Always will.

Same with Manowar.
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: Best comeback album   Best comeback album - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 11:53 pm

Does Deep Purple In Rock count?
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Best comeback album   Best comeback album - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 9:53 am

Temple of Blood wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
TheNazgul wrote:
You're insane

Maybe, but that's besides the point. Killing Season isn't bad, but if I were to pick between the 2, I'd go with the Art of Dying. Probably because it was such a monster comeback that Killing Season just didn't quite live up to the expectations. But you and Thrasher are entitled to your opinions. Even if they are wrong. Best comeback album - Page 4 Icon_razz

You think their new stuff is as good as "Act III"? Maybe I need to go back and hear it but I didn't think that at all.

I think by the standards of a "comeback album", I'd say The Art Of Dying fits the criteria. Released 14 years after Act III, it's certainly no slouch. They stayed true to their formula and didn't follow popular trends or put out an album that had fans scratching their heads asking "What were they thinking?" or "Why bother?" It fits in well with the rest of their back catalog.

Is it a classic or as good as their older material? That's just a matter of opinion. I happen to think it is, your opinion may (and probably will) differ. But how many other bands could come back after 14 years and put out an album that's not only good, but not embarrass themselves in the process?

Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 2

PostSubject: Re: Best comeback album   Best comeback album - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 4:03 am

Black Sabbath - Dehumanizer (1992)
Motley Crue - Saints of Los Angeles (2008)
Def Leppard - Retroactive (1993)
Danzig - The Lost Tracks of Danzig (2007)
Creed - Full Circle (2009)
Billy Idol - Devils Playground (2005)
Judas Priest - Angel Of Retribution (2005)
Back to top Go down
Doomdance
Metal student
Metal student
Doomdance

Number of posts : 112

PostSubject: Re: Best comeback album   Best comeback album - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 4:25 am

Celtic Frost - Monotheist
Europe - Start From The Dark
Back to top Go down
MEGATRON
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
MEGATRON

Number of posts : 364

PostSubject: Re: Best comeback album   Best comeback album - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 4:50 am

Aerosmith: Honkin' on Bobo
Black Sabbath: Heaven and Hell
Deep Purple: Perpendicular
Iron Maiden: Brave New World
Megadeth: The System Has Failed
Back to top Go down
HamburgerBoy
Metal novice
Metal novice
HamburgerBoy

Number of posts : 55

PostSubject: Re: Best comeback album   Best comeback album - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 5:35 am

Adramelch's Broken History for a long-hiatus comeback, Testament's Low for a return to good music.
Back to top Go down
Lionheartâ„¢
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 61

PostSubject: Re: Best comeback album   Best comeback album - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 3:14 pm

Angel Dust - Border Of Reality (although they topped it with Bleed and Enlighten The Darkness after that)
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Best comeback album   Best comeback album - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 8:26 pm

When I think comeback I think that the bands been away for a while and hasn't cut anything new, so I nominate the new Ratt album. It was a whole decade, man. A whole decade. Peace.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: Best comeback album   Best comeback album - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 2:31 am

the sentinel wrote:
When I think comeback I think that the bands been away for a while and hasn't cut anything new, so I nominate the new Ratt album. It was a whole decade, man. A whole decade. Peace.

Probably one of the best comeback albums of the decade.

I still need to pick it up, but my goodness what I've heard sounds so sweet!
Back to top Go down
AchrisK
Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

Number of posts : 975

PostSubject: Re: Best comeback album   Best comeback album - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 3:54 pm

A lot of these albums are not necessarily comeback albums. Many are just one of the albums that was released. I assume comeback implies a long break... and maybe even a breakup and reformation.

Anyway...

Best comeback album - Page 4 Folder

Can't believe nobody mentioned this.
Back to top Go down
Alaskan Metalhead
Metal novice
Metal novice
Alaskan Metalhead

Number of posts : 35

PostSubject: Re: Best comeback album   Best comeback album - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 8:55 pm

I will 2nd and 3rd the new RATT CD; sounds just like 1987 all over again (just a better sound quality now!).

Also, if you like gritty ol' hard rock, I am LOVING the new Rhino Bucket! Just a hard rockin' good time with that CD!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best comeback album   Best comeback album - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Best comeback album
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4