Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Non-metal albums that have metal looking album covers

Go down 
+15
candlemass
TrogDawn
thejokeriv
kmorg
caniplaywithmadness?
GrandNational
spiritoradio
SAHB Healer
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
rattpoison
ultmetal
mr.electric39
Required Fields
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

Non-metal albums that have metal looking album covers - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Non-metal albums that have metal looking album covers   Non-metal albums that have metal looking album covers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2007 10:22 pm

Non-metal albums that have metal looking album covers - Page 2 31LwbFw28SL
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: Non-metal albums that have metal looking album covers   Non-metal albums that have metal looking album covers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2007 12:30 am

Nebuchadrezzar (Nebuchadnezzar); the Babylonian conquerer from 2nd Kings 24,, 2nd Chronicles 36, and Jeremiah.
Cool. I was told that was a William Blake painting, but I didn't know the subject was Nebuchadrezzar. That Atomic Rooster is a great album. Paradise Lost did an awesome metal cover of "Death Walks Behind You".
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Non-metal albums that have metal looking album covers   Non-metal albums that have metal looking album covers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2007 12:34 pm

Non-metal albums that have metal looking album covers - Page 2 Trout_Mask_Replica
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Non-metal albums that have metal looking album covers   Non-metal albums that have metal looking album covers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2007 5:58 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
ELP - Brain Salad Surgery
That was the first one I thought of! Non-metal albums that have metal looking album covers - Page 2 56834

spiritoradio wrote:
Non-metal albums that have metal looking album covers - Page 2 AR
If you've never heard it, that album is pretty friggin' heavy for 1970! grim reaper

Fat Freddy wrote:
This guy or creature or whatever it is, is also pictured in the back tray of Bruce Dickinson's CHEMICAL WEDDING CD.
Yes, that he is. Smile

GrandNational wrote:
That guy is Nebuchadezzar. I hope I spelled that right.
Close, it's Nebuchadnezzar. Wink

MetalGuy71 wrote:
He's on Troglodyte Dawn's album too, right?
Yes, this image is on my debut as well, although the version I used is slightly different from the ones on the ATOMIC ROOSTER and BRUCE DICKINSON covers. It may have been a pre-sketch William Blake did before he did the actual painting, but I don't know for sure. I only know that the features look slightly different on mine than they do on the others, and mine is in balck & white. Here's a funny story (including pics) about me using this image for my CD from the FAQ section of my website:

trogdawn.net FAQ wrote:
Q: "Why did you rip off ATOMIC ROOSTER with your debut cd cover?"

A: Honestly, I did not rip them off. I didn't even know that the Atomic Rooster album existed until - get this - THE DAY that the debut was released! No lie! I was surfing Amazon.com looking for the band that Carl Palmer had started out in and I knew their name, but when their albums popped up I saw that they had used the same Nebuchadnezzar painting by William Blake some 30 years before me! I was disappointed, but it was too late at that point to change it. On a positive note, I subsequently picked up Death Walks Behind You by Atomic Rooster and I absolutely LOVE the album! Now I think it's kinda cool that there is that small connection between the two bands.

Non-metal albums that have metal looking album covers - Page 2 Aaaaaaaatomicroosteruj3 Non-metal albums that have metal looking album covers - Page 2 Troglodytedawn

I always dug the story of Neb because I related to him so much when he went nuts and lived in the wilderness like a wild animal for a period in his life. When I first heard it in church, I found comfort in the story - no kidding. What a Face

MetalGuy71 wrote:
If I remember correctly, Nebuchadezzer was the oldest man in the bible and advisor to King David. I seem to recall that from 8th grade religion class. Or was that The Simpsons? :geek:
Nebbie wasn't the oldest recorded in the Bible, that honor goes to Methuselah:

NIV wrote:
"Altogether, Methuselah lived 969 years, and then he died." - Genesis 5:27
I don't remember if he was King David's advisor or not... scratch

SAHB Healer wrote:
Nebuchadrezzar (Nebuchadnezzar); the Babylonian conquerer from 2nd Kings 24,, 2nd Chronicles 36, and Jeremiah.
Cool. I was told that was a William Blake painting, but I didn't know the subject was Nebuchadrezzar. That Atomic Rooster is a great album. Paradise Lost did an awesome metal cover of "Death Walks Behind You".
Yes on all counts! 🤘

defender_of_the_faith wrote:
Non-metal albums that have metal looking album covers - Page 2 Trout_Mask_Replica
Now THERE'S an album that will fry your brain! Non-metal albums that have metal looking album covers - Page 2 309780

Here's some more METAL looking covers for not so heavy albums:

Non-metal albums that have metal looking album covers - Page 2 Warrior Non-metal albums that have metal looking album covers - Page 2 Drew-GrandFunk
Non-metal albums that have metal looking album covers - Page 2 Cover_204692042005 Non-metal albums that have metal looking album covers - Page 2 Cover_5012231832006
Non-metal albums that have metal looking album covers - Page 2 640_02_02_2005_1_42_53_Barnabas%20-%20The%20Gospel%20According%20To%20Barnabas Non-metal albums that have metal looking album covers - Page 2 Steelydanroyal Non-metal albums that have metal looking album covers - Page 2 3423

Non-metal albums that have metal looking album covers - Page 2 948153Non-metal albums that have metal looking album covers - Page 2 9850773

Back to top Go down
https://bandcamp.com/stonegrooverecords/following
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Non-metal albums that have metal looking album covers   Non-metal albums that have metal looking album covers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2007 6:32 pm

Quote: If I remember correctly, Nebuchadezzer was the oldest man in the bible and advisor to King David.

What??!!! lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39708

PostSubject: Re: Non-metal albums that have metal looking album covers   Non-metal albums that have metal looking album covers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2007 10:08 pm

That Alan Parsons Project-Stereotomy cover reminds me of the cover of The Rage-Higher Than the Sky cover
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3893

PostSubject: Re: Non-metal albums that have metal looking album covers   Non-metal albums that have metal looking album covers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2007 10:55 pm

I think every Molly Hatchet cover is metal looking!
Back to top Go down
Damien Solta
Metal student
Metal student

Number of posts : 112

PostSubject: Re: Non-metal albums that have metal looking album covers   Non-metal albums that have metal looking album covers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2007 6:19 pm

kmorg wrote:
SAXON1500 wrote:
Non-metal albums that have metal looking album covers - Page 2 Metallica-Poster-C12181209

Laughing very hard Laughing very hard Laughing very hard
Agreed:lol!:
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: Non-metal albums that have metal looking album covers   Non-metal albums that have metal looking album covers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2007 8:18 am

TrogDawn wrote:

I don't remember if he was King David's advisor or not... scratch

Nebbie was after David. He sacked Jerusalem and carried a lot of Israelites off to Babylon, including a young guy by the name of Daniel who became one of his closest advisors. That is likely what you were thinking of, MetalGuy.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Non-metal albums that have metal looking album covers   Non-metal albums that have metal looking album covers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2007 8:27 am

Non-metal albums that have metal looking album covers - Page 2 375x375

BOC's Some Enchanted Evening.
As a young lad, I had never heard the band before I saw this cover and was convinced I had to have it. Ummm, disappointment soon followed. Sad
Back to top Go down
outofstep
Metal novice
Metal novice
outofstep

Number of posts : 90

PostSubject: Re: Non-metal albums that have metal looking album covers   Non-metal albums that have metal looking album covers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2007 12:36 pm

Non-metal albums that have metal looking album covers - Page 2 Necro

Now that's metal looking! It's a rap album though!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Non-metal albums that have metal looking album covers   Non-metal albums that have metal looking album covers - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Non-metal albums that have metal looking album covers
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2