Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New TEMPLE OF BLOOD album: "A Show of Force"

Go down 
+17
SideShowDisaSter
Gilbert
steelers
nevermore
MetalGuy71
Lurideath
Dave the Boss
Thrasher73
stepcousin
Orion Crystal Ice
AchrisK
metalhead777
ultmetal
Troublezone
kmorg
James B.
Temple of Blood
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

New TEMPLE OF BLOOD album:  "A Show of Force" - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New TEMPLE OF BLOOD album: "A Show of Force"   New TEMPLE OF BLOOD album:  "A Show of Force" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 12:31 am

Troublezone wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:
I really wanna get Sterling Winfield to mix and master it. If not him, then maybe the guy that did the latest 3 INCHES OF BLOOD CD. I thought that had a good sound overall. Of course, we'll track it locally at the studio that our drummer works at.

Sterling is a good choice... but Terry Date is better.

Is he still active? Can we afford him?

I looked up Alex Perialas. I think he teaches school now or something, I didn't see that he was working in any studio.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: New TEMPLE OF BLOOD album: "A Show of Force"   New TEMPLE OF BLOOD album:  "A Show of Force" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 12:34 am

Zdan wrote:
If I can suggest a cover-version that would fit you guys (as I know your two CD's back-to-back - bought them in Poland even) it would be Heathen "Death By Hanging". I think that would fit you perfect.

Yeah, that stuff is in the ballpark of the stuff we do. That song kinda reminds me of the band POWERMAD for some reason.
Back to top Go down
Zdan
Metal master
Metal master
Zdan

Number of posts : 752

PostSubject: Re: New TEMPLE OF BLOOD album: "A Show of Force"   New TEMPLE OF BLOOD album:  "A Show of Force" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 7:38 am

Temple of Blood wrote:
Zdan wrote:
If I can suggest a cover-version that would fit you guys (as I know your two CD's back-to-back - bought them in Poland even) it would be Heathen "Death By Hanging". I think that would fit you perfect.

Yeah, that stuff is in the ballpark of the stuff we do. That song kinda reminds me of the band POWERMAD for some reason.

Kind of - yeah - it's kinda like that. I also thought about about Metal Church and "Start The Fire" or "Gods Of Second Chance" - I think that is good bet for you guys also.
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

PostSubject: Re: New TEMPLE OF BLOOD album: "A Show of Force"   New TEMPLE OF BLOOD album:  "A Show of Force" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2010 5:02 am

Here, I'll help you out. You can choose any of the above:

Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

PostSubject: Re: New TEMPLE OF BLOOD album: "A Show of Force"   New TEMPLE OF BLOOD album:  "A Show of Force" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2010 5:52 am

And just for smurfs and giggles:

Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: New TEMPLE OF BLOOD album: "A Show of Force"   New TEMPLE OF BLOOD album:  "A Show of Force" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2010 4:13 pm

stormspell wrote:
And just for smurfs and giggles:

Ha, now that'd be something! lol!
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

PostSubject: Re: New TEMPLE OF BLOOD album: "A Show of Force"   New TEMPLE OF BLOOD album:  "A Show of Force" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2010 9:09 pm

This Tony Kakko dude has serious pipes, and they did have some good tunes on their debut album, like Replica, Kingdom for a Heart, or Letter to Dana O'Hara. Been going downhill ever since though, and their new "theatrical" metal is simply awful waste.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: New TEMPLE OF BLOOD album: "A Show of Force"   New TEMPLE OF BLOOD album:  "A Show of Force" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2010 9:19 pm

I liked the debut too, quite a lot. After that, I hate 90% of it, almost cannot stand his voice, everything is overproduced, too plastic...

Here's another cover idea..

Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: New TEMPLE OF BLOOD album: "A Show of Force"   New TEMPLE OF BLOOD album:  "A Show of Force" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2010 11:51 pm

Hold up, wasn't there a ToB forum on here at one time? Laughing
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: New TEMPLE OF BLOOD album: "A Show of Force"   New TEMPLE OF BLOOD album:  "A Show of Force" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 12:24 am

Metal Misfit wrote:
Hold up, wasn't there a ToB forum on here at one time? Laughing

Yeah there was. They take them down when they aren't productive or something like that...
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: New TEMPLE OF BLOOD album: "A Show of Force"   New TEMPLE OF BLOOD album:  "A Show of Force" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 5:34 am

stormspell wrote:
This Tony Kakko dude has serious pipes, and they did have some good tunes on their debut album, like Replica, Kingdom for a Heart, or Letter to Dana O'Hara. Been going downhill ever since though, and their new "theatrical" metal is simply awful waste.

Honestly, I haven't listened to Ecliptica for seven years or something like that. Used to love it back then though.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: New TEMPLE OF BLOOD album: "A Show of Force"   New TEMPLE OF BLOOD album:  "A Show of Force" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 8:09 am

stormspell wrote:

The first two SA albums are excellent. I totally agree with you on the latter day output.

Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: New TEMPLE OF BLOOD album: "A Show of Force"   New TEMPLE OF BLOOD album:  "A Show of Force" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 12:21 pm

Hmm, well some of those bands are in the ballpark of what we do and some aren't. That SANCTUARY song is good but it's lyrics aren't kosher.

And some of that stuff is flower metal. Razz

Thanks for the suggestions.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: New TEMPLE OF BLOOD album: "A Show of Force"   New TEMPLE OF BLOOD album:  "A Show of Force" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2012 2:29 pm

Hey ToB, any word on the new release?

Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: New TEMPLE OF BLOOD album: "A Show of Force"   New TEMPLE OF BLOOD album:  "A Show of Force" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2022 7:45 am

https://fb.watch/aCKb00ageR/

RAW, unmixed, unmastered early sample of one of our new songs.

Troublezone likes this post

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: New TEMPLE OF BLOOD album: "A Show of Force"   New TEMPLE OF BLOOD album:  "A Show of Force" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2022 4:06 am

New TEMPLE OF BLOOD album:  "A Show of Force" - Page 3 83628
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: New TEMPLE OF BLOOD album: "A Show of Force"   New TEMPLE OF BLOOD album:  "A Show of Force" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2022 4:14 am

Let’s see a Temple and Avenger “of Blood” show put together!

Bring back Ultimatum and we got a kickass HoM concert.

Temple of Blood likes this post

Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: New TEMPLE OF BLOOD album: "A Show of Force"   New TEMPLE OF BLOOD album:  "A Show of Force" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2022 8:55 am

I'd love to! That would probably entail us traveling out west.

We definitely need to play some fests at some point. We've only done regional shows.

Troublezone likes this post

Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: New TEMPLE OF BLOOD album: "A Show of Force"   New TEMPLE OF BLOOD album:  "A Show of Force" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2022 9:06 am

Troublezone wrote:
Let’s see a Temple and Avenger “of Blood” show put together!

Bring back Ultimatum and we got a kickass HoM concert.

Oh yes. Someone should wake Ultimatum up! headbanger headbanger

Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: New TEMPLE OF BLOOD album: "A Show of Force"   New TEMPLE OF BLOOD album:  "A Show of Force" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2022 6:38 pm

I'd totally do a show with the Temple guys. That would be fun. Maybe we can make that happen in the future. Who knows?!

Troublezone and Temple of Blood like this post

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: New TEMPLE OF BLOOD album: "A Show of Force"   New TEMPLE OF BLOOD album:  "A Show of Force" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2022 7:44 pm

Lurideath wrote:
I'd totally do a show with the Temple guys. That would be fun. Maybe we can make that happen in the future. Who knows?!

What thrash fan wouldn’t want to see that? headbanger

Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: New TEMPLE OF BLOOD album: "A Show of Force"   New TEMPLE OF BLOOD album:  "A Show of Force" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2022 9:59 am

Just wanted to give everyone a track-by-track run through of our upcoming album:

1. "What Should Not Be Said" - an instrumental intro build up that's pretty progressive

2. "Trilemma" - a raging thrasher, our fastest song ever, which has the correct take on the same topic Exodus illiterately tried to cover in "Lunatic Liar Lord"

3. "Exalted" - anthemic power metal inspired by some of the my favorite melodic US power metal bands like Queensryche, Fates Warning, Crimson Glory, etc.

4. "Greater than Death" - 3 minute fast raging thrasher with some punishing riffs. This one will be our first single. It's about the things in life that are worth dying for.

5. "A Show of Force" - melodic thrashy tune that's a bit less crazy and a bit more "epic" sounding. It's about slaughtering the prophets of Baal

6. "The Advocate and the Accuser" - mid-paced stomper inspired by stuff like 80s Exodus. Has maybe our toughest riff ever in it, a really tricky one as Garth and I will attest to!

7. "Escape from the Abyss" = frenetic speed metal with a lot of twists and turns. I really think folks will like this one and it doesn't sound like any other band really.

8. "Battle Angels" - cover of the old Sanctuary song. I first heard this song on a cassette metal compilation and always thought it was really catchy. Challenging vocals to say the least!

9. "Desolation" - an instrumental that Garth wrote that I really like. Kinda spooky and ominous. Guest keys provided by Joe Whitworth. This track really sets the mood for ....

10. "Curse of Black Hearts". The final song that ends on a really heavy note, with some blast beats and fast drumming. This one was a lot of fun to play live and I think works really well as an album closer.

Guitar solos are played by Andre' Corbin (ex-Helstar, who was last heard by the public on their 1990 masterpiece "Nosferatu"), as well as Aureilen Gonzalez (an amazing phenom from the French band Dead Tree Seeds who captures the vibe of classic thrash metal extremely well with his soloing style)

Louder likes this post

Back to top Go down
steelers
Metal student
Metal student
steelers

Number of posts : 105

PostSubject: Re: New TEMPLE OF BLOOD album: "A Show of Force"   New TEMPLE OF BLOOD album:  "A Show of Force" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 09, 2022 1:04 am

Release date?
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: New TEMPLE OF BLOOD album: "A Show of Force"   New TEMPLE OF BLOOD album:  "A Show of Force" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2022 12:10 pm

steelers wrote:
Release date?

It's still being recorded so I don't have one yet, sorry. The hardest part is done though so sometime this year I would imagine.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: New TEMPLE OF BLOOD album: "A Show of Force"   New TEMPLE OF BLOOD album:  "A Show of Force" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 09, 2023 11:34 am

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New TEMPLE OF BLOOD album: "A Show of Force"   New TEMPLE OF BLOOD album:  "A Show of Force" - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New TEMPLE OF BLOOD album: "A Show of Force"
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next