Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New TEMPLE OF BLOOD album: "A Show of Force"

Go down 
+17
SideShowDisaSter
Gilbert
steelers
nevermore
MetalGuy71
Lurideath
Dave the Boss
Thrasher73
stepcousin
Orion Crystal Ice
AchrisK
metalhead777
ultmetal
Troublezone
kmorg
James B.
Temple of Blood
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

New TEMPLE OF BLOOD album:  "A Show of Force" Empty
PostSubject: New TEMPLE OF BLOOD album: "A Show of Force"   New TEMPLE OF BLOOD album:  "A Show of Force" Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 12:59 am

So we are writing album #3 and working in the new players to the 2010 TEMPLE OF BLOOD line-up. Things are going well so far and the new musicians are excellent!

I'd like to welcome Robert Willingham (MILITIA) on bass guitar and Harry Coleman on second guitar. Robert is of course from the incredible Texas Power Thrash Metal merchants MILITIA who put out "Released" and are working on a brand new album that I am definitely looking forward to! Now I knew MILITIA was a very cool band but I am a bit surprised how quickly he has picked up my tunes and been able to nail them! Really looking forward to working more with Robert. Harry Coleman is someone that I knew from our 60s/70s/80s/90s cover band that we play in together and I knew he was a master shredder! I really appreciate his offer to help us out with this new album and I think you guys will be really impressed with his playing because I know I am!

The new album is called "A Show of Force" and we are working on finishing up a 2 song demo to shop to labels. In the meantime we will be completing the rest of the songwriting for album #3. I've really been ramping up the intensity on these new songs and we've added blast beats to our sound for extra pummeling thrashitude. We hope to bring you a power metal thrashterpiece that you all will enjoy listening to again and again.

Release date will be whenever it all gets done, which of course depends on if we get signed or not. Thanks to everyone for your support!
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: New TEMPLE OF BLOOD album: "A Show of Force"   New TEMPLE OF BLOOD album:  "A Show of Force" Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 2:01 am

Please use the "blastbeats" sparingly... You can play thrash style drumming with groove and dynamics that give the music a vibe that a blastbeat fail to compete with. IMHO, the blastbeat has made alot of bands sound way to much alike. It makes the rest of the music boring and seems to sound like one long song. More often than not, playing faster ruins a song. Only a few bands can pull it off without being either redundant or chaotic.

Hope things go well for you.

Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: New TEMPLE OF BLOOD album: "A Show of Force"   New TEMPLE OF BLOOD album:  "A Show of Force" Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 2:15 am

I know what you mean about blast beats. It's just another tool for us in the old tool belt, it's not the whole enchilada. I don't think it is overshadowing the guitars and the song but you can decide for yourself when you hear it. I definitely don't think it is as overwhelming as that new CHARRED WALLS OF THE DAMNED stuff.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: New TEMPLE OF BLOOD album: "A Show of Force"   New TEMPLE OF BLOOD album:  "A Show of Force" Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 4:36 am

Great news! I'm already pumped for this!

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: New TEMPLE OF BLOOD album: "A Show of Force"   New TEMPLE OF BLOOD album:  "A Show of Force" Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 9:01 am

I remember you posting a clip of Harry shredding once in a thread i started a long time ago. He was really good. Good luck with the new lineup.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New TEMPLE OF BLOOD album: "A Show of Force"   New TEMPLE OF BLOOD album:  "A Show of Force" Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 10:13 am

Congrats...good luck!
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: New TEMPLE OF BLOOD album: "A Show of Force"   New TEMPLE OF BLOOD album:  "A Show of Force" Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 10:42 am

Look forward to hearing it.

Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: New TEMPLE OF BLOOD album: "A Show of Force"   New TEMPLE OF BLOOD album:  "A Show of Force" Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 4:46 pm

Troublezone wrote:
I remember you posting a clip of Harry shredding once in a thread i started a long time ago. He was really good. Good luck with the new lineup.

Yeah, he's awesome ... and you guessed correctly that he would be joining us. Wink I just couldn't agree until it was official.
Back to top Go down
metalhead777
Metal master
Metal master
metalhead777

Number of posts : 842

PostSubject: Re: New TEMPLE OF BLOOD album: "A Show of Force"   New TEMPLE OF BLOOD album:  "A Show of Force" Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 5:10 pm

im happy. sems like you guys are sticking to your sound unlike allot of other bands i listen to.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: New TEMPLE OF BLOOD album: "A Show of Force"   New TEMPLE OF BLOOD album:  "A Show of Force" Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 6:31 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

Yeah, he's awesome ... and you guessed correctly that he would be joining us. Wink I just couldn't agree until it was official.

Well i'm glad he did. He should be a great addition. New TEMPLE OF BLOOD album:  "A Show of Force" Icon_smile
Back to top Go down
AchrisK
Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

Number of posts : 975

PostSubject: Re: New TEMPLE OF BLOOD album: "A Show of Force"   New TEMPLE OF BLOOD album:  "A Show of Force" Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 10:05 am

Awesome! I look forward to picking this up about a year or two after it is released!! Can't wait! Smile
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: New TEMPLE OF BLOOD album: "A Show of Force"   New TEMPLE OF BLOOD album:  "A Show of Force" Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 10:11 am

Post sounds when available. Smile
Back to top Go down
stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

PostSubject: Re: New TEMPLE OF BLOOD album: "A Show of Force"   New TEMPLE OF BLOOD album:  "A Show of Force" Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 10:29 am

"pummeling thrashitude".....sounds like a song unto itself!
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: New TEMPLE OF BLOOD album: "A Show of Force"   New TEMPLE OF BLOOD album:  "A Show of Force" Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 10:55 am

metalhead777 wrote:
im happy. sems like you guys are sticking to your sound unlike allot of other bands i listen to.

We don't write the same song or album twice but I think fans of the old stuff will like the new stuff as well. No left turns ahead.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: New TEMPLE OF BLOOD album: "A Show of Force"   New TEMPLE OF BLOOD album:  "A Show of Force" Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 10:56 am

AchrisK wrote:
Awesome! I look forward to picking this up about a year or two after it is released!! Can't wait! Smile

You can always pick it up sooner than that ya know. Wink
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: New TEMPLE OF BLOOD album: "A Show of Force"   New TEMPLE OF BLOOD album:  "A Show of Force" Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 10:56 am

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
Post sounds when available. Smile

They're available now but not ready to be released to the public. Smile Just rough demo stuff at this phase.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: New TEMPLE OF BLOOD album: "A Show of Force"   New TEMPLE OF BLOOD album:  "A Show of Force" Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 1:29 pm

Looking forward to it TOB.Was just listening to Overlord earlier today.
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: New TEMPLE OF BLOOD album: "A Show of Force"   New TEMPLE OF BLOOD album:  "A Show of Force" Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 1:53 pm

Good news. I'll definitely get one when it's out.

Is the debut on vinyl still coming out?
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: New TEMPLE OF BLOOD album: "A Show of Force"   New TEMPLE OF BLOOD album:  "A Show of Force" Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 2:23 pm

Dave the Boss wrote:
Good news. I'll definitely get one when it's out.

Is the debut on vinyl still coming out?

My PMs have been ignored so I am going to assume that the answer to that is no. Sad
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: New TEMPLE OF BLOOD album: "A Show of Force"   New TEMPLE OF BLOOD album:  "A Show of Force" Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 2:31 pm

Damn, that sucks. If I had the money I would've released it myself, but alas. Sad
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: New TEMPLE OF BLOOD album: "A Show of Force"   New TEMPLE OF BLOOD album:  "A Show of Force" Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 5:38 pm

Just send me all the money you have and I'll think about it.
Back to top Go down
AchrisK
Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

Number of posts : 975

PostSubject: Re: New TEMPLE OF BLOOD album: "A Show of Force"   New TEMPLE OF BLOOD album:  "A Show of Force" Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 7:32 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
AchrisK wrote:

You can always pick it up sooner than that ya know. Wink

Yeah I know... and I likely will. It's just funny to me how much I liked the first one, and how I planned to get Overlord right away, but just barely got it a week ago.

I'll try to reduce the cycle time on the next one.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: New TEMPLE OF BLOOD album: "A Show of Force"   New TEMPLE OF BLOOD album:  "A Show of Force" Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 12:14 pm

hopefully this new album puts your last 2 releases to shame.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: New TEMPLE OF BLOOD album: "A Show of Force"   New TEMPLE OF BLOOD album:  "A Show of Force" Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 12:23 pm

'A Show of Force' is a cool title. Can't believe someone hasn't used it already.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: New TEMPLE OF BLOOD album: "A Show of Force"   New TEMPLE OF BLOOD album:  "A Show of Force" Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 1:35 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
Just send me all the money you have and I'll think about it.

lol!

PostSubject: Re: New TEMPLE OF BLOOD album: "A Show of Force"   New TEMPLE OF BLOOD album:  "A Show of Force" Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New TEMPLE OF BLOOD album: "A Show of Force"
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next