Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Favorite Pantera release

Go down 
+27
Gilbert
Glower
GrandNational
nevermore
krokus
MoonChild
DallasBlack
Invader
Fat Freddy
arttieTHE1manparty
Smindas
stormspell
TheGooch
Troublezone
TH Joe
romeolimagolf
kmorg
Required Fields
MetalGuy71
SideShowDisaSter
ultmetal
Thrasher73
mc666
sovdat
Lurideath
AchrisK
31 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Which is your all time favorite Pantera?
Metal Magic
Favorite Pantera release Vote_lcap3%Favorite Pantera release Vote_rcap
 3% [ 2 ]
Projects In the Jungle
Favorite Pantera release Vote_lcap7%Favorite Pantera release Vote_rcap
 7% [ 4 ]
I am the Night
Favorite Pantera release Vote_lcap5%Favorite Pantera release Vote_rcap
 5% [ 3 ]
Power Metal
Favorite Pantera release Vote_lcap12%Favorite Pantera release Vote_rcap
 12% [ 7 ]
Cowboys From Hell
Favorite Pantera release Vote_lcap50%Favorite Pantera release Vote_rcap
 50% [ 29 ]
Vulgar Display Of Power
Favorite Pantera release Vote_lcap16%Favorite Pantera release Vote_rcap
 16% [ 9 ]
Far Beyond Driven
Favorite Pantera release Vote_lcap3%Favorite Pantera release Vote_rcap
 3% [ 2 ]
The Great Southern Trendkill
Favorite Pantera release Vote_lcap2%Favorite Pantera release Vote_rcap
 2% [ 1 ]
Official Live: 101 Proof
Favorite Pantera release Vote_lcap0%Favorite Pantera release Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Reinventing the Steel
Favorite Pantera release Vote_lcap2%Favorite Pantera release Vote_rcap
 2% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 58

AuthorMessage

Favorite Pantera release Empty
PostSubject: Favorite Pantera release   Favorite Pantera release Icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2007 6:17 pm

My pick goes to Vulgar Display Of Power!
Back to top Go down
AchrisK
Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

Number of posts : 975

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Pantera release   Favorite Pantera release Icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2007 6:20 pm

Where is the "I hate all the orphans in the world" option?

ack
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3893

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Pantera release   Favorite Pantera release Icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2007 6:26 pm

Absolutley NONE of them!
Back to top Go down
sovdat
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1786

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Pantera release   Favorite Pantera release Icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2007 6:35 pm

Cowboys from Hell!

I think that their last release (Reinventing) is very good too, although nobody likes it Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Pantera release   Favorite Pantera release Icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2007 6:37 pm

sovdat wrote:
Cowboys from Hell!

I think that their last release (Reinventing) is very good too, although nobody likes it Smile
I have really been trying to get into Southern, and Reinventing. I like a few songs, overall, just cant get into it. Hoping they will grow on me
Back to top Go down
AchrisK
Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

Number of posts : 975

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Pantera release   Favorite Pantera release Icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2007 6:44 pm

PANTERRIBLE!!!1!!!!3!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Pantera release   Favorite Pantera release Icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2007 6:45 pm

Cowboys from Hell to me is decent but after that CD I wouldn't listen to any other release by them, I just think they are so overrated.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Pantera release   Favorite Pantera release Icon_minitimeThu Feb 01, 2007 12:30 am

AchrisK wrote:
PANTERRIBLE!!!1!!!!3!!!
Laughing

agreed, pass the Slayer.

sovdat
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1786

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Pantera release   Favorite Pantera release Icon_minitimeThu Feb 01, 2007 3:04 am

Quote :
I have really been trying to get into Southern,
and Reinventing. I like a few songs, overall, just cant get into it.
Hoping they will grow on me

Well, I never got into Southern either.

I was listening to Power Metal album few days ago and it was pretty good! Never heard the first three albums and to be honest, I don't even want to listen to them Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Pantera release   Favorite Pantera release Icon_minitimeThu Feb 01, 2007 6:01 am

Cowboys from Hell. I love Cemetary Gates.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Pantera release   Favorite Pantera release Icon_minitimeThu Feb 01, 2007 8:04 am

I voted Cowboys from Hell,although i dont care much for them
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Pantera release   Favorite Pantera release Icon_minitimeThu Feb 01, 2007 9:21 am

I like Cowboys from Hell. Cemetary Gates is a monster of a song. Otherwise, I'm not a big Pantera fan.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39646

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Pantera release   Favorite Pantera release Icon_minitimeThu Feb 01, 2007 9:32 am

Cowboys from Hell, easily. I never heard their stuff before that and the stuff afterwards....well let's just say I'm not a big fan of that noise. I bought the Southern Trendkill as a new release and was disgusted by it. Needless to say,I no longer have it
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4603

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Pantera release   Favorite Pantera release Icon_minitimeThu Feb 01, 2007 9:53 am

Cowboys, easily.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Pantera release   Favorite Pantera release Icon_minitimeThu Feb 01, 2007 10:28 am

I like CFH and Vulgar pretty equally. The rest of their catalog is pretty hit and miss. I've always enjoyed the music, but the harsh vocals kinda turned me off on their later releases. I've never had the opportunity to hear the music of their "glam-phase", but the photos are hilarious!
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28455

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Pantera release   Favorite Pantera release Icon_minitimeThu Feb 01, 2007 11:50 am

CFH and Power Metal.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Pantera release   Favorite Pantera release Icon_minitimeThu Feb 01, 2007 12:34 pm

Cowboys and Power Metal

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Pantera release   Favorite Pantera release Icon_minitimeThu Feb 01, 2007 4:49 pm

ultmetal wrote:
I like Cowboys from Hell. Cemetary Gates is a monster of a song. Otherwise, I'm not a big Pantera fan.
Didn't you have the chance to see them live back in the day before they were huge? I'd love to hear a little more about it

Years, ago I had a bootleg VHS of them way, way back when. It had the opening band, and Pantera in Texas. Think someone from the CMR gave it to me. At the time I thought it was so lame, I ended up recording over it. I was talking to guy at work about Pantera shows, an old die hard headbanger, who did time out on the LA strip. He was telling me about seeing them way back when he was in Texas with his buddies opening band who covered "Madhouse". I was like, holy crap, did the singer have red spandex with big blond hair (who did not in the early 80s). it was his buddies band. To bad I recorded over it, I felt terrible about it, he really wanted to see it
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Pantera release   Favorite Pantera release Icon_minitimeThu Feb 01, 2007 8:35 pm

[quote="mc666"]
AchrisK wrote:
PANTERRIBLE!!!1!!!!3!!!
Agreed. Awful band.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Pantera release   Favorite Pantera release Icon_minitimeThu Feb 01, 2007 8:41 pm

Vulgar for me; but a close second would be Power Metal. Their first four albums really need to remix/remaster/reissue treatment. They're excellent if you like 80s rock/metal—which is what I grew up on.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28455

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Pantera release   Favorite Pantera release Icon_minitimeThu Feb 01, 2007 8:47 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I like CFH and Vulgar pretty equally. The rest of their catalog is pretty hit and miss. I've always enjoyed the music, but the harsh vocals kinda turned me off on their later releases. I've never had the opportunity to hear the music of their "glam-phase", but the photos are hilarious!

Power Metal is hardly a glam album. It's more in the vein of Judas Priest than anything. It should also appeal to fans of Vicious Rumors or Obsession. Listen to "Death Trap" or "Over and Out", for example -- it's about as "glam" as Slayer.

Last edited by on Thu Feb 01, 2007 8:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Pantera release   Favorite Pantera release Icon_minitimeThu Feb 01, 2007 8:47 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Vulgar for me; but a close second would be Power Metal. Their first four albums really need to remix/remaster/reissue treatment. They're excellent if you like 80s rock/metal—which is what I grew up on.
I would love for the first 4 to be remastered. Never even heard them, would love to pick them up
Back to top Go down
romeolimagolf
Metal student
Metal student
romeolimagolf

Number of posts : 204

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Pantera release   Favorite Pantera release Icon_minitimeThu Feb 01, 2007 8:51 pm

A very overrated band. I guess my favorite would have be Cowboys from Hell, but that is like picking my favorite type of torture. No matter which one I choose, it's still torture.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Pantera release   Favorite Pantera release Icon_minitimeThu Feb 01, 2007 9:01 pm

I had no idea people in metal disliked them so much. I love them, one of my favorite bands. Thats cool, to each his own
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Pantera release   Favorite Pantera release Icon_minitimeThu Feb 01, 2007 9:44 pm

Forever A Heath Bar wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
I would love for the first 4 to be remastered. Never even heard them, would love to pick them up
The first four are excellent, in my opinion. A lot of people claim that Pantera sold out; but if you listen to their albums in succession, you can hear that they simply evolved. They got heavier and heavier as time passed. It had nothing to do with selling out.

I also think the whole "glam rock" tag was a little inaccurate. They surely had the look, but musically they were more of an 80's metal band. They had some songs that definitely went the way of cheesy 80's glam, but overall they were just a great 80's rock/metal band.

Check out these zip files, two from each early album.

The 80s Metal & Rock Tracks folder contains the following:

"I'll Be Alright" from Metal Magic
"Heavy Metal Rules" from Projects In The Jungle
"Down Below" from I Am The Night (re-recorded on Power Metal)
"Over And Out" from Power Metal (these riffs are awesome)

The Glam-Like Tracks folder contains the following:

"Biggest Part Of Me" from Metal Magic
"Only A Heartbeat Away" from Projects In The Jungle
"Come-On Eyes" from I Am The Night
"Hard Ride" from Power Metal

Maybe not your thing, but I still think those early albums kick ass. The quality of the recordings is the best there is in MP3 format. Someone ripped these from vinyl.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Pantera release   Favorite Pantera release Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Favorite Pantera release
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next