Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Michael Bolton's Self-Titled "Rock" Album

Go down 
+10
YngwieDokkenfan
Troublezone
T-Roy
the sentinel
SAHB Healer
mc666
kmorg
Required Fields
ultmetal
MetalGuy71
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

Michael Bolton's Self-Titled "Rock" Album - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Michael Bolton's Self-Titled "Rock" Album   Michael Bolton's Self-Titled "Rock" Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2007 3:20 pm

Well, your right. Actually, small confession, I used to have the the
Hercules soundtrack because I loved that Bolton song from
it........(shame, embarrassment)Very Happy
Back to top Go down
YngwieDokkenfan
Metal student
Metal student
YngwieDokkenfan

Number of posts : 112

PostSubject: Re: Michael Bolton's Self-Titled "Rock" Album   Michael Bolton's Self-Titled "Rock" Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 1:44 am

I'd rather listen to "Beat It". At least Eddie VH played a cool guitar solo. Remember how much fun Conan O'Brien used to make of Bolton? The guy was the Barry Manilow of the early 1990's.
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: Michael Bolton's Self-Titled "Rock" Album   Michael Bolton's Self-Titled "Rock" Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 2:51 am

You hit the Cheese wall!
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Michael Bolton's Self-Titled "Rock" Album   Michael Bolton's Self-Titled "Rock" Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 8:21 am

I had the BlackJack album and it really wasn't very good, like others stated generic almost southern rock feel to it. I also had a solo album from the mid 70's and that was teriible. It sounds like David Coverdale covering rejected Joe Cocker songs.

I do remember he had minor hit in the early 80's called " Fool's Game" and was being marketed as a pop metal artist in the same vein as Bon Jovi.
Back to top Go down
stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

PostSubject: Re: Michael Bolton's Self-Titled "Rock" Album   Michael Bolton's Self-Titled "Rock" Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 02, 2008 4:58 am

I remeber back in '82 or '83 the radio played a couple of his songs and I didnt hate em, they actually kinda rocked a bit. Fast-forward about 5 years later and I'm hearing stuff that sounded like friggin' Frank Sinatra or something and after that he was huge but I kept thinkin' "this guy used to rock ,what the heck happened?!!"
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Michael Bolton's Self-Titled "Rock" Album   Michael Bolton's Self-Titled "Rock" Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2008 12:02 am

I had met a lady online a few years ago when I was on the "24" forum. We ended up being good friends via email. We've lost touch recently....When she was in college she was a HUGE Blackjack fan. Funny enough ULT, for some reason I think that she might have gone to the same school you did in New York. Anyways, she had written Michael while in college and said that she wanted to work for him in some capacity. She kept persisting in a non stalking fashion, and low behold she got a job working for him. Eventually she became his personal assistant.

I couldn't stand the guy as a pop artist, but she had so many interesting stories, especially as it related to the women of his life. This included the likes of Ashley Judd and Nicolette Sheridan. She also told me that there were only two people that were part of the music industry that she couldn't stand, one of those being David Goetz. She said that freak launched a phone at her one day from across the room...

Anyways, I was never a fan, and I tried not to let her in on that.
Back to top Go down
Sons-Of-Vengeance
Metal novice
Metal novice
Sons-Of-Vengeance

Number of posts : 30

PostSubject: Re: Michael Bolton's Self-Titled "Rock" Album   Michael Bolton's Self-Titled "Rock" Album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 6:13 pm

Some noteworthy input into the rock n roll side of Mr. Bolton:

His band Blackjack toured and opened for Kiss.

His touring guitarist on the Fools Game tour was future metal shredder Al Pitrelli.

Michael does not like to acknowlege his rock n roll past. If you go to his official site there are no mentions of the early records in the discography.

The following was posted on Blabbercrap.com:

According to Kiss Related Recordings, UK label Rock Candy Records will reissue MICHAEL BOLTON's "Everybody's Crazy" album tomorrow (Monday, February 25). Originally released in 1985 on the CBS/Columbia (Sony) label, the LP was produced by Neil Kernon (QUEENSRŸCHE, CANNIBAL CORPSE, DEICIDE) and features former KISS guitarist Bruce Kulick on eight out of nine tracks.

And the best comment made:

Blabbermouth actually posted a Michael F-ing Bolton article.
Congratulations on stooping to a new low, guys!

The second best comment made:

...the day Blabbermouth died.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Michael Bolton's Self-Titled "Rock" Album   Michael Bolton's Self-Titled "Rock" Album - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Michael Bolton's Self-Titled "Rock" Album
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2