Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bride - "God Gave Rock N Roll To You"

Go down 
+7
kmorg
MetalGuy71
GrandNational
Lurideath
Tall Tyrion
scottmitchell74
Fat Freddy
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

Bride - "God Gave Rock N Roll To You" Empty
PostSubject: Bride - "God Gave Rock N Roll To You"   Bride - "God Gave Rock N Roll To You" Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 7:59 am

Found this while trolling on YouTube a while back. Bride covering the classic "God Gave RNR To You" with help from Christian rappers DOC... strange combo, but I still like it better than the KISS version of the song.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Bride - "God Gave Rock N Roll To You"   Bride - "God Gave Rock N Roll To You" Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 8:03 am

Ha!! I have this on cassette. Back when Bride was easily my favorite band I got as much from them as I could. I bought the cassette for that one song. These days I wouldn't dream of buying something for one song.

And yes, I like this rendition. I wish they'd do it over in the same style just without the rap.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Bride - "God Gave Rock N Roll To You"   Bride - "God Gave Rock N Roll To You" Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 8:12 am

scottmitchell74 wrote:
Ha!! I have this on cassette. Back when Bride was easily my favorite band I got as much from them as I could. I bought the cassette for that one song. These days I wouldn't dream of buying something for one song.

It wasn't on a Bride album then? What album was it on? The rappers', or some kind of compilation?

If memory serves, this video was the first time I heard Bride... yea, I got into'em kinda late. Laughing I was channel surfing and stumbled across this vid as it was playing on some religious rock video show (perhaps on TBN?)... never saw it again till I YouTubed it the other night. In fact, I'd forgotten all about it till then. Gotta love the Internet!!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Bride - "God Gave Rock N Roll To You"   Bride - "God Gave Rock N Roll To You" Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 8:14 am

Quote :
The rappers'

Correct. The Disciples Of Christ (DOC)

It MAY be on some comp. that I'm not aware of, but that's where the song first showed up.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bride - "God Gave Rock N Roll To You"   Bride - "God Gave Rock N Roll To You" Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 8:17 am

That version sucks...worst thing Bride ever did...this makes 'Drop' sound like Led Zep IV....
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Bride - "God Gave Rock N Roll To You"   Bride - "God Gave Rock N Roll To You" Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 8:24 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
That version sucks...worst thing Bride ever did...this makes 'Drop' sound like Led Zep IV....

Ugh. "Drop?" I think that album set a record for the shortest time spent in my CD player. Brought it home from the store, played it once, and it went straight to the trade pile. Yuck.

This "God Gave RNR to You" may not be great but I'd rather jam it than anything off of "Drop!"

I agree with Scott -- Bride should've released a version of this song on their own without the rap guys on it. But then obviously they were tryin' for some of the metal/rap crossover vibe, ala Anthrax/Public Enemy ("Bring The Noise") or Aerosmith/Run DMC ("Walk This Way").

Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: Bride - "God Gave Rock N Roll To You"   Bride - "God Gave Rock N Roll To You" Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 8:29 am

I only have the video. Great version, but the rap parts bring it down, IMO.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bride - "God Gave Rock N Roll To You"   Bride - "God Gave Rock N Roll To You" Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 8:30 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

Ugh. "Drop?" I think that album set a record for the shortest time spent in my CD player. Brought it home from the store, played it once, and it went straight to the trade pile. Yuck.

This "God Gave RNR to You" may not be great but I'd rather jam it than anything off of "Drop!"

I never said 'Drop' was good...I said it was better than that garbage. I'd rather have a cockroach take up residence in my left ear than listen to that song...
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Bride - "God Gave Rock N Roll To You"   Bride - "God Gave Rock N Roll To You" Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 8:37 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:

I'd rather have a cockroach take up residence in my left ear than listen to that song...

Yuck! Gotcha!

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bride - "God Gave Rock N Roll To You"   Bride - "God Gave Rock N Roll To You" Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 12:22 pm

Drop has three good songs on it. It' better then oddities which had no good songs.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: Bride - "God Gave Rock N Roll To You"   Bride - "God Gave Rock N Roll To You" Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 1:31 pm

This is horrible. The only band that can do this song is KISS.
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Bride - "God Gave Rock N Roll To You"   Bride - "God Gave Rock N Roll To You" Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 1:49 pm

Lurideath wrote:

Yup. This almost made me wanna punch my computer screen.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Bride - "God Gave Rock N Roll To You"   Bride - "God Gave Rock N Roll To You" Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 1:57 pm

Lurideath wrote:

And I can barely stand that one. Soooooo schmaltzy!
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Bride - "God Gave Rock N Roll To You"   Bride - "God Gave Rock N Roll To You" Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 2:41 pm

Never heard or saw this verwion before, but I've heard so much about it. Thanks for posting it!

But I gotta agree with the neysayers. This is horrible!! Petra's version is way better, and the KISS version rules. But as with most songs, the original, with Argent, blow them all awy!

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Bride - "God Gave Rock N Roll To You"   Bride - "God Gave Rock N Roll To You" Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 2:50 pm

I don't like any versions of this song
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bride - "God Gave Rock N Roll To You"   Bride - "God Gave Rock N Roll To You" Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 2:54 pm

Kmorg is right. Argent rules with this song.
Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: Bride - "God Gave Rock N Roll To You"   Bride - "God Gave Rock N Roll To You" Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 3:47 pm

worst cover i've never see. it's more shitty than whole other covers.
this is hell crap. i am really pissed of after seeing this ... absolute destroyed song ...

LONG LIVE ORIGINAL VERSION OF KiSS !
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Bride - "God Gave Rock N Roll To You"   Bride - "God Gave Rock N Roll To You" Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 5:11 pm

Quote :

Suspect Suspect Suspect Suspect
Back to top Go down
Muloc7253
Metal student
Metal student
Muloc7253

Number of posts : 246

PostSubject: Re: Bride - "God Gave Rock N Roll To You"   Bride - "God Gave Rock N Roll To You" Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 5:32 pm

I don't hate it, but it doesn't touch the original.

Did Petra do a version of this song? I heard they did.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Bride - "God Gave Rock N Roll To You"   Bride - "God Gave Rock N Roll To You" Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 8:45 pm

iamrockerfun wrote:
worst cover i've never see. it's more shitty than whole other covers.
this is hell crap. i am really pissed of after seeing this ... absolute destroyed song ...

Um... anybody wanna tell him that Kiss' version is not the original??

Nah, didn't think so.

Does anyone remember years back when Kiss' version was released, the letters page in Heavens' Metal was full of freaked out Petra fans for a couple of months complaining about Kiss having the gall to cover a Petra song. Of course, "God Gave RNR To You" is not Petra's either, it was originally by Argent. Laughing

Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: Bride - "God Gave Rock N Roll To You"   Bride - "God Gave Rock N Roll To You" Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 12:53 am

ah sorry not original ... it's a cover but ... hell good cover Embarassed
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/

PostSubject: Re: Bride - "God Gave Rock N Roll To You"   Bride - "God Gave Rock N Roll To You" Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 7:10 am

I just really hate this song. angry
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Bride - "God Gave Rock N Roll To You"   Bride - "God Gave Rock N Roll To You" Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 4:35 pm

Lurideath wrote:
The KISS version takes third place for me behind the original version by ARGENT and PETRA's initial version from the Come and Join Us album (I never cared for their later re-do on the Beat the System album).

Bride - "God Gave Rock N Roll To You" B000001SMT.01.LZZZZZZZ

Bride - "God Gave Rock N Roll To You" O77908
Back to top Go down
https://bandcamp.com/stonegrooverecords/following
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bride - "God Gave Rock N Roll To You"   Bride - "God Gave Rock N Roll To You" Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bride - "God Gave Rock N Roll To You"
Page 1 of 1