Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Wild animals

Go down 
+17
Troublezone
mc666
Stender
TheGooch
SAHB Healer
Orion Crystal Ice
scottmitchell74
Metallic Blaze
rattpoison
DallasBlack
Schbopo
MetalGuy71
Thrasher73
tohostudios
thejokeriv
Fat Freddy
kmorg
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

Wild animals - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wild animals   Wild animals - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 2:58 am

do gang members count?

Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Wild animals   Wild animals - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 4:45 am

mc666 wrote:
do gang members count?

I'd say humans in general... Wild animals - Page 2 Icon_razz
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Wild animals   Wild animals - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 5:13 am

I remembered some more:

One thing we have a lot of around here are geckos. Some as small as an inch to as large as 4 inches.

One night while driving to work I had to swerved to miss a large rock in the middle of the road but noticed the rock was moving. I took a closer look and saw that it was a giant turtle.

One time while camping on a small cliff overlooking the lake while the sun was going down, I saw a large crane take off into the air. It was such a beauiful sight I was so pissed off that I didn't have a camera on me. I want to go camping at that sight again but I can't for the life of me remember where it is (if Erik was still alive I could find out but apart from him and me the location of that place remains a mystery). I might take a weekend off this spring/summer and take a drive in that area and try to find it again (nothing ventured, nothing gained).

Oh, I've also seen dead armadillos on the road.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Wild animals   Wild animals - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 11:38 am

no i think about i have seen deer close up in the wild before
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Wild animals   Wild animals - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 11:47 am

I forgot the raindeer I saw in Sweden last year.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Wild animals   Wild animals - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 12:48 pm

This was from another post, but I think it fits the criteria here...

Quote :
I was bitten by a small monkey as a child, true story. We were in a mall and a guy had a trained monkey performing tricks. After they were done, he walked around the crowd and the monkey would hold out a cup and shake your hand after you gave him a tip. My mom gave me a buck and when I went to put it into he cup, I put out my hand and he bit my finger. I don't think he broke the skin or shed any blood though. Just gave me a scare.

Maybe this was the beginning of my downward spiral into all things simian. Thankfully I've got the "flinging poo" thing under control.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Wild animals   Wild animals - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 2:07 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

Quote :
I was bitten by a small monkey as a child, true story. We were in a mall and a guy had a trained monkey performing tricks. After they were done, he walked around the crowd and the monkey would hold out a cup and shake your hand after you gave him a tip. My mom gave me a buck and when I went to put it into he cup, I put out my hand and he bit my finger. I don't think he broke the skin or shed any blood though. Just gave me a scare.

Maybe this was the beginning of my downward spiral into all things simian. Thankfully I've got the "flinging poo" thing under control.

It wasn't a Sumatran Rat Monkey was it?

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Wild animals   Wild animals - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 2:11 pm

Wild animals - Page 2 Ratmonkey

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: Wild animals   Wild animals - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 2:16 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

Quote :

Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Wild animals   Wild animals - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 5:09 pm

Today the turkey vultures were out in full force. Almost every where I drove I saw one or two in the same vacinity. Normally they hang around the landfill but today they were all over the place. On the cool side I finally had a good view of a white-tail hawk flying around a Wal-Mart parking lot. The only real way to tell them apart is if they are close enough to see if they have a red head or not (afar they look somewhat similar though the vulture is larger).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Wild animals   Wild animals - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 5:13 pm

tohostudios wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Quote :

I dunno. Coulda been. Can they be trained to perform tricks in a crowded shopping mall? Wild animals - Page 2 Icon_lol

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Wild animals   Wild animals - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 6:24 pm

Out here we get the common desert critters. Last summer they were paving a local access road so our subdivision got rattlers and some green mohave (which was pretty scary). The neighbors all feed the roadrunners so they associate people with food. You can't walk down the street or sit in your yard without them coming up. A few weeks back I saw two hoot owls.

Back when I lived in Maryland we used to have everything - deer, foxes, possum, even had a badger? of some kind. The squirrels were so tame that they would come up and take apple slices out of my hand. The worst were the copperheads. Many close calls mowing the lawn. We also had a family of blacksnakes that I just let take over the basement crawl space since I hate mice and they were good at solving that problem. They were also remarkably docile and had no problem with being handled.
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

PostSubject: Re: Wild animals   Wild animals - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 12:40 am

Nothing special. Deer, frogs, fish, opposums, squirrels, rabbits, birds, groundhogs, moles etc.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Wild animals   Wild animals - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 8:24 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Quote :

I dunno. Coulda been. Can they be trained to perform tricks in a crowded shopping mall? Wild animals - Page 2 Icon_lol

I don't know but if you get bit by one you turn into a flesh eating zombie. At least according to Peter Jackson.

Metal master
Metal master
Hamer12

Number of posts : 828

PostSubject: Re: Wild animals   Wild animals - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 8:57 am

I live in the woods in Louisiana, there aren't too many varmits I haven't seen. Or eaten. Watch the show Billy the Exterminator on A&E when it starts, Billy is an old friend of mine & you can see some of our wonderful varmits up close.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: Wild animals   Wild animals - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 12:19 am

What part of Louisiana you at?
Back to top Go down
Hamer12
Metal master
Metal master
Hamer12

Number of posts : 828

PostSubject: Re: Wild animals   Wild animals - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 9:56 am

Caddo Parish about 5 miles from Texas.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Wild animals   Wild animals - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 8:52 am

I almost hit a deer with my car on my way here this AM. The damn thing darted out from the side of the road and ran across so quick there was NO time to react. It was so close to the front of my car that I swear it must've brushed against my grill. Both me and the guy in the car coming the other way had to slam on our brakes (fortunately I just had my brakes done, Lord knows if I'd have been able to avoid hitting it otherwise!). Then for a brief second after the deer was gone, the guy in the other car and I kinda exchanged a quick glance like "Holy @$%$ that was close!" before driving away...

That little close call woke me up better than a shot of Espresso!!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Wild animals   Wild animals - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 10:39 am

Quote :
Then for a brief second after the deer was gone, the guy in the other car and I kinda exchanged a quick glance like "Holy @$%$ that was close!" before driving away...

Glad you, the guy and the deer escaped!

You know, some of my favorite moments in life that help my opinion of humanity is when you have one of those "one-off" experiences with a stranger like you and the guy. A quick very human connection, and then move on. I like those.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Wild animals   Wild animals - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 10:59 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
I almost hit a deer with my car on my way here this AM. The damn thing darted out from the side of the road and ran across so quick there was NO time to react. It was so close to the front of my car that I swear it must've brushed against my grill. Both me and the guy in the car coming the other way had to slam on our brakes (fortunately I just had my brakes done, Lord knows if I'd have been able to avoid hitting it otherwise!). Then for a brief second after the deer was gone, the guy in the other car and I kinda exchanged a quick glance like "Holy @$%$ that was close!" before driving away...

That little close call woke me up better than a shot of Espresso!!

Been there. I missed the deer by a hair-length, but unfortunatly hit his brother/sister that followed it! I was so focused on the first deer, I didn't even notice the second one before the bang!

PostSubject: Re: Wild animals   Wild animals - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wild animals
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2