Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Wild animals

Go down 
+17
Troublezone
mc666
Stender
TheGooch
SAHB Healer
Orion Crystal Ice
scottmitchell74
Metallic Blaze
rattpoison
DallasBlack
Schbopo
MetalGuy71
Thrasher73
tohostudios
thejokeriv
Fat Freddy
kmorg
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

Wild animals Empty
PostSubject: Wild animals   Wild animals Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 2:37 pm

What kind of wild animals have you encountered, in the wild?

Myself, I've been real close to moose, deer, fox, eagles and of course smaller animals.

Last edited by kmorg on Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

Wild animals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wild animals   Wild animals Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 2:41 pm

Bears, rabbits, deer, skunks, raccoons... you name it, we got it.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

Wild animals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wild animals   Wild animals Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 3:21 pm

Deer - lots of deer out this way, Bears, Rabbits, Rattlesnakes, Scorpions, Spiders, Birds of all types, skunks, squirrels, whales, dolphins, coyotes, etc, etc. - since my Dad was in the navy when I was growing up, moved around a lot and saw all sorts of different wildlife
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Wild animals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wild animals   Wild animals Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 3:35 pm

Lately it's been an opossum that keeps feasting at my bird feeder. The thing is practically tame.

Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

Wild animals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wild animals   Wild animals Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 3:45 pm

Lots of Deer,squirrels,rabbits and coyotes where I live.Occasionally you'll see a fox and sometimes on a rare instance a Wildcat.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Wild animals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wild animals   Wild animals Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 3:49 pm

I was amazed to see a coyote my first year of living in Missouri. I think of coyotes as a "western" animal but we have them here.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Wild animals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wild animals   Wild animals Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 4:44 pm

I also occasionally have a hawk that thinks my deck is a smorgasbord. He's swoop in and grab one of the birds feeding at the feeder. I actually happened to be looking out the kitchen window last summer and I watched him scarf up a cardinal.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Wild animals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wild animals   Wild animals Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 5:24 pm

tohostudios wrote:
I also occasionally have a hawk that thinks my deck is a smorgasbord. He's swoop in and grab one of the birds feeding at the feeder. I actually happened to be looking out the kitchen window last summer and I watched him scarf up a cardinal.

I have hawks poach the goldfish from my pond in the back yard. While I've not actually seen it happen, I've seen hawks in the neighborhood and my fish disappear without a trace. One minute they are there, the next minute *poof* GONE. A stray cat would leave a carcass or something, I'd think.

I'm a city boy, but I live on the outer edge, so we have lotsa wooded area around us. But just the typical woodland creatures, racoons, skunks, squirrells, etc. Deers are probably the biggest animals. I've seen bears on various camping trips in the mountains as a youth though.

Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

Wild animals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wild animals   Wild animals Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 6:06 pm

Back when in New Hampshire I was well acquainted with all the woodland creatures. There was a moose I named Peter, my raccoon named Jonas, this really annoying one-eared fox named Roger, and too many coyotes to name.

Out here there's nothing but stupid rabbits. angry
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

Wild animals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wild animals   Wild animals Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 6:13 pm

I thought I saw a large dog jump out of a dumpster once that turned out to be a racoon.

There was an opposum hanging around the my front door once.

I once saw a cyote running accross the street once.

There are a lot of turkey vultures flying around here (I see them every day) mostly around the local landfill. I've seen some close up and my God they're ugly.

I have also seen the occasional red-tailed hawk.

Also plenty of rabbits in the neighborhood. One time my cat came running with a little rabbit and proceeded to chew it's head off but went no further.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

Wild animals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wild animals   Wild animals Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 6:59 pm

Goannas, Quolls, Numbats, Quokkas, Kookaburras...........just your usual stuff.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

Wild animals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wild animals   Wild animals Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 7:06 pm

Schbopo wrote:
Back when in New Hampshire I was well acquainted with all the woodland creatures. There was a moose I named Peter, my raccoon named Jonas, this really annoying one-eared fox named Roger, and too many coyotes to name.

Out here there's nothing but stupid rabbits. angry

There's a lot more here than wabbits Schobob!!! You need to get out more!

Wild animals Icon_lol

Here's what I've encountered (and I do a lot of hiking and stuff):

Black bear, Coyotes, Bobcat, Rabbits, Small animals, Elk, Deer, Porcupine, Rattlesnakes, Guarder Snakes, Bull Snakes, Horned Toads, Lizards.

Lots of stuff here in New Mexico.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

Wild animals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wild animals   Wild animals Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 7:08 pm

Deer, snapping turtle, various other turtles, bobcat, coyote, turkey, fox, rattlesnake, various birds, but by far the scariest (scariest "real" scare of my life) wasn't visual, but auditory (sp?). My buddies and I were caving at Carter Caves in Eastern Kentucky on Midnight Friday the 13th/14th (yeah, stupid) and - long story short - we heard a mountain lion "scream" somewhere way too near for comfort. Not too bright.

Africa version:

Puff adder, two species of scorpions, black widow (or it's African cousin), hippos (but they were way out in a lake) chameleons, not to mention a few disturbing intestinal bugs that gave me grief.

Last edited by scottmitchell74 on Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

Wild animals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wild animals   Wild animals Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 7:13 pm

hm... lots of birds, like blue heron, wood storks.. alligator.., bunches of spiders and things...huge soft-shell turtles..some kind of fox once......panther a long time ago....manatee very occasionally...hmm...saw a girl peeing a week ago..
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Wild animals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wild animals   Wild animals Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 7:19 pm

Saw a girl peeing? LOL. were you spying on her?

Wild animals 201269
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

Wild animals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wild animals   Wild animals Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 7:27 pm

No, she just didn't seem aware enough to notice somebody by the water about 30 ft away. More likely it was on purpose. They do that. Don't hate me cause I'm sexy. But I don't want that golden shower, no no no. I'd rather go romp and pick flowers, ooh, ooh.
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

Wild animals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wild animals   Wild animals Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 10:39 pm

rattpoison wrote:
Goannas, Quolls, Numbats, Quokkas, Kookaburras...........just your usual stuff.

Do the human beings come like that down there too? How long did you have to live in a pouch yourself? Do you remember it? Wasn't it kind of hot in there?
Back to top Go down

Wild animals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wild animals   Wild animals Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 11:06 pm

Deer, elk, hawks, falcons, cougar, bobcats, bald eagles, bighorn sheep foxes and a myriad of lesser birds. Living on the edge of the Mountains and high desert, you get a lot.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Wild animals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wild animals   Wild animals Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 11:09 pm

TheNazgul wrote:
Deer, elk, hawks, falcons, cougar, bobcats, bald eagles, bighorn sheep foxes and a myriad of lesser birds. Living on the edge of the Mountains and high desert, you get a lot.

Sounds like a nice place you live. Are you in the US?
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

Wild animals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wild animals   Wild animals Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 11:10 pm

where i live its all open farms so no real fancy wildlife. fox i suppose
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

Wild animals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wild animals   Wild animals Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 11:11 pm

We have wooly mammoths where I live.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Wild animals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wild animals   Wild animals Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 11:13 pm

Stender wrote:

You guys have awesome wildlife up in Oregon.

Where my uncle lives (in Cottage Grove, not too far from you), he has deer come down in his backyard. And he lives in city - limits!

Wild animals 29150
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

Wild animals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wild animals   Wild animals Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 11:23 pm

Metallic Blaze wrote:
Stender wrote:

You guys have awesome wildlife up in Oregon.

Where my uncle lives (in Cottage Grove, not too far from you), he has deer come down in his backyard. And he lives in city - limits!

Wild animals 29150

Yeah, when my neigborhood was an early development in the late 90's we used to have deer and black bear all over the place. Just last year, I had a cougar stalk me when I was walking home one night during the summer...freakin scary man.

Yeah Cottage grove is great, Really scenic. Let me know next time your up.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Wild animals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wild animals   Wild animals Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 11:34 pm

Wild animals 778825
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

Wild animals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wild animals   Wild animals Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 2:26 am

I know that there are sometimes bear in my area, but I think the rabbits have pretty much run them off. You see a lot more rabbits than bear at any rate, for some reason.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Wild animals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wild animals   Wild animals Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wild animals
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next