Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Risk "Hells Animals" (1989)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

Risk "Hells Animals" (1989) Empty
PostSubject: Risk "Hells Animals" (1989)   Risk "Hells Animals" (1989) Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 9:51 pm

Anybody have this album? I love the vocals alot, which is funny because I cant count how many times I've heard someone say thats what breaks the band for them...haha. This is an underated thrash gem in my opinion. Any impressions?
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4607

PostSubject: Re: Risk "Hells Animals" (1989)   Risk "Hells Animals" (1989) Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 10:00 pm

Very enjoyable album. I'd say it still leans slightly more towards speed metal than thrash, but the thrash influences became much more pronounced on it than on the debut, The Daily Horror News.

I like the vocals. Not the usual style for a speed metal band (who became more thrash oriented here, and almost complete thrash on the next, Dirty Surfaces). More mid-range than high, and slightly gruff.

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Risk "Hells Animals" (1989)   Risk "Hells Animals" (1989) Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 10:02 pm

thinks I saw them onstage, but am not familar with any tuneage. thanks for the heads up 🤘
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

PostSubject: Re: Risk "Hells Animals" (1989)   Risk "Hells Animals" (1989) Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 10:23 pm

James B. wrote:
thinks I saw them onstage, but am not familar with any tuneage. thanks for the heads up 🤘

Yeah no problem. I just discovered them about a year or so ago.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Risk "Hells Animals" (1989)   Risk "Hells Animals" (1989) Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 9:27 am

Risk only recorded one crappy album. That was their last one called "Turpitude" ini '93. "The Reborn" was just slightly above average, but everything before completely slayed!!! And the cover art was hilarious.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

PostSubject: Re: Risk "Hells Animals" (1989)   Risk "Hells Animals" (1989) Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2009 12:23 am

UNCLE SAXON wrote:
Risk only recorded one crappy album. That was their last one called "Turpitude" ini '93. "The Reborn" was just slightly above average, but everything before completely slayed!!! And the cover art was hilarious.

Yeah!...that was one of things that stuck out at first to me, they all have that goofy looking art that reminds me of the cover of poltergeists "depression" record....little strung out monsters blowing their brains out and in Risks case, weird animals riding motorcycles...haha.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Risk "Hells Animals" (1989)   Risk "Hells Animals" (1989) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Risk "Hells Animals" (1989)
Page 1 of 1