Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

MEGA PIRANHA!!

Go down 
+9
DallasBlack
metalinmyveins
tohostudios
jstate
Ultimate.Nightmare
thejokeriv
scottmitchell74
kmorg
Fat Freddy
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

MEGA PIRANHA!! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MEGA PIRANHA!!   MEGA PIRANHA!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 3:31 pm

Of course I had to pick this one up.

Quote :
Re-Penetrator is the story of a dead stripper (Joanna Angel) re-animated into a nymphomaniac-of-the-living-dead by a perverted mad scientist (Tommy Pistol). Unfortunately for the good doctor, the sex-starved zombie may be too much for him to handle in this blood-soaked parody of H.P. Lovecraft's classic Re-Animator. "Re-Penetrator is sure to be to this generation what Deep Throat was to the last." -Screw Magazine

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: MEGA PIRANHA!!   MEGA PIRANHA!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 6:18 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
I am all over it when the Tiffany vs. Debbie movie comes out. The Megashark movie was hard to watch, but then at the same time it was very satisfying for me. Smile

I knew when I saw Debbie mentioned you'd chime in MEGA PIRANHA!! - Page 3 Icon_biggrin .
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

PostSubject: Re: MEGA PIRANHA!!   MEGA PIRANHA!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 11:18 am

Still no luck finding a trailer for this soon to be masterpiece!! C'mon, Asylum -- how can you not have a trailer out there on the great wide Interweb? MEGA PIRANHA!! - Page 3 19976

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MEGA PIRANHA!!   MEGA PIRANHA!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 11:50 am

I have your mega piranha right here. MEGA PIRANHA!! - Page 3 395375
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: MEGA PIRANHA!!   MEGA PIRANHA!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 9:43 am

VCR/DVR alert!!! I was just informed that "MEGA PIRANHA" will premiere on the SyFy Channel this Saturday night at 9 PM...before it's released on DVD (which comes out at the end of the month).

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: MEGA PIRANHA!!   MEGA PIRANHA!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 10:01 am

Woo hoo! Trailer!!!

Honestly. How can you NOT want to see the movie after watching this? I am crying tears of bad movie joy here. Giant, badly-CGI'd piranhas jumping out of the water and attacking landmarks and aircraft!! (Hmmm, where have we seen that before? Haha) I am soooooo recording this!! Laughing very hard

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: MEGA PIRANHA!!   MEGA PIRANHA!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 8:48 am

My wife and I were watching "Ghost Hunters" on SyFy last night and saw several promos for this Saturday's "MegaPiranha" airing. Of course, I giggled like a wee school girl at every one of 'em. My wife simply rolled her eyes and said "If you wanna watch that one, you're on your own..." Laughing very hard

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: MEGA PIRANHA!!   MEGA PIRANHA!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 5:58 pm

http://tv.yahoo.com/blog/mega-piranha-this-one-has-teeth--1121

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: MEGA PIRANHA!!   MEGA PIRANHA!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 10:35 pm

tohostudios wrote:
http://tv.yahoo.com/blog/mega-piranha-this-one-has-teeth--1121

Laughing very hard That was awesome. I love this bit...

Quote :
Every so often a film comes out that raises the bar and becomes the
yardstick against which all future movies are measured. For a long time
that movie was "Citizen
Kane." What followed was a long, dark midnight of banality. Then,
this past winter, "Avatar" took
its place atop that lofty celluloid throne. Well, "Avatar," your short
reign has ended, as Syfy's "Mega Piranha" has
thrown down the gauntlet to usurp you — and this movie's got teeth.

Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: MEGA PIRANHA!!   MEGA PIRANHA!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 10:47 pm

Why does this movie have three pages?

MEGA PIRANHA!! - Page 3 Lol
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: MEGA PIRANHA!!   MEGA PIRANHA!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 10:55 pm

Wow, that looks awful, and I will put up with a lot in a crappy movie. That said, I'll watch this.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

PostSubject: Re: MEGA PIRANHA!!   MEGA PIRANHA!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 11:04 pm

I'm all for B-horror movies but I cannot stand made for TV stuff like this. I understand "so bad it's good" but SyFy movies are just plain bad.

That channel outlived its usefulness when they took MST3K off the air.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: MEGA PIRANHA!!   MEGA PIRANHA!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 11:22 am

Metal Misfit wrote:
Why does this movie have three pages?

Because bad movie geeks love this sort of thing. Laughing MEGA PIRANHA!! - Page 3 11840

Metal Misfit wrote:
I'm all for B-horror movies but I cannot stand made for TV stuff like this. I understand "so bad it's good" but SyFy movies are just plain bad.

Well, someone besides me must watch'em. They keep makin' em. Laughing

The "Mega Piranha" premiere is part of "a whole day of water creature movies" including such epics as "Spring Break Shark Attack," "Sea Snakes" (starring Luke Perry!) and "Dinoshark." AWESOME!!!

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: MEGA PIRANHA!!   MEGA PIRANHA!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 11:31 am

Dinoshark. MEGA PIRANHA!! - Page 3 Lol

Just the title alone screams "CHEESE!!!"

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: MEGA PIRANHA!!   MEGA PIRANHA!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 11:34 am

tohostudios wrote:
Dinoshark. MEGA PIRANHA!! - Page 3 Lol

Just the title alone screams "CHEESE!!!"

Never seen "Dinoshark" but I'm tempted to set my DVD recorder to catch that one along with "Mega Piranha"...

I've seen "Spring Break Shark Attack," that was hilariously bad. The first three quarters of the movie are relatively sharkless, in fact it comes off like a Lifetime Movie drama about the dangers of date-rape drugs for most of its length (the main character goes to Spring Break with her friends, a guy slips a Mickey into her drink, yadda yadda yadda) , then all of a sudden the sharks finally show up in the last half hour. It's like they pasted the ending of a completely different movie into it.
MEGA PIRANHA!! - Page 3 Lol

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: MEGA PIRANHA!!   MEGA PIRANHA!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 12:04 pm

At least Dinoshark might have some basis in fact.

A couple weeks ago I watched an episode of Chased By Dinosaurs called "Sea Monsters". One of the "monsters" was called Megalodon, a fifty foot shark with jaws six feet wide.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: MEGA PIRANHA!!   MEGA PIRANHA!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 1:38 pm

tohostudios wrote:

A couple weeks ago I watched an episode of Chased By Dinosaurs called "Sea Monsters". One of the "monsters" was called Megalodon, a fifty foot shark with jaws six feet wide.

There has been at least one SyFy Channel movie (I believe it's part of the "Shark Attack" series) dealing with the Megalodon.

Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

PostSubject: Re: MEGA PIRANHA!!   MEGA PIRANHA!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 1:48 pm

tohostudios wrote:

SyFy has done that already... It was called 'Megashark'. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: MEGA PIRANHA!!   MEGA PIRANHA!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 1:58 pm

Good Lord, that was terrible, but funny.
MEGA PIRANHA!! - Page 3 328982
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: MEGA PIRANHA!!   MEGA PIRANHA!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 9:44 am

OK, so I watched the long awaited "Mega Piranha" last night. It was... well, just as epic as you probably expected. Laughing very hard

Seriously, it was better than the Asylum's previous giant fish story, "Mega Shark Vs. Giant Octopus," but anyone who saw that one would tell you, beating it wouldn't be too hard to do. The story was absolutely ridiculous of course, the acting was passable at best, the CGI was cheap... it was just good, dumb, action packed gory fun. In other words, a typical SyFy Original. It was faster moving than "Shark Vs. Octopus" and in addition to the usual assortment of "killer creature movie cliches," they threw in a bunch of international intrigue/action movie cliches' to giggle over too. (I loved the constant quick cuts between scenes that were accompanied by a "BAM!" or "SWOOOOOOSH!" sound effect, and the occasional split-screen trick ala "24.")

Now I guess there's nothin to do but sit back and wait for the inevitable "Mega Piranha Vs. Mega Shark Vs. Giant Octopus" mega-crossover movie. If and when that happens I'm betting on the Piranhas.

Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: MEGA PIRANHA!!   MEGA PIRANHA!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 12:41 pm

Talking about SciFi originals, has anyone seen SS Doomtrooper? That's one of my favorite bad movies, haha.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: MEGA PIRANHA!!   MEGA PIRANHA!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 10:30 am

Quote :
yadda yadda yadda

You "yadda, yadda'd" the best part!
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

PostSubject: Re: MEGA PIRANHA!!   MEGA PIRANHA!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 10:34 am

The movie was OK. 3/5
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: MEGA PIRANHA!!   MEGA PIRANHA!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 11:47 am

7thSaviour wrote:
The movie was OK. 3/5

"OK" is about as good as you can expect from a SyFy Channel/Asylum co-production. MEGA PIRANHA!! - Page 3 Icon_lol

scottmitchell74 wrote:
You "yadda, yadda'd" the best part!

Have you ever seen "Spring Break Shark Attack?" There's a whole lotta "yadda yadda yadda" before you even see a shark fin in that movie. By the halfway point I was going "Come on, EAT somebody already!"

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: MEGA PIRANHA!!   MEGA PIRANHA!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 12:14 pm

Dave the Boss wrote:
Talking about SciFi originals, has anyone seen SS Doomtrooper? That's one of my favorite bad movies, haha.

Never heard of it but I just looked it up on IMDB and it definitely sounds like my brand o'cheez.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MEGA PIRANHA!!   MEGA PIRANHA!! - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MEGA PIRANHA!!
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next