Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Morbid Tales (U.S Version) vs To Mega Therion

Go down 
+6
James B.
Witchfinder
Thelemech
Boris2008
Gilbert
choosemetal
10 posters

Morbid Tales (U.S Version)
Morbid Tales (U.S Version) vs To Mega Therion  Vote_lcap73%Morbid Tales (U.S Version) vs To Mega Therion  Vote_rcap
 73% [ 11 ]
To Mega Therion
Morbid Tales (U.S Version) vs To Mega Therion  Vote_lcap27%Morbid Tales (U.S Version) vs To Mega Therion  Vote_rcap
 27% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 15

AuthorMessage
choosemetal
Metal master
Metal master
choosemetal

Number of posts : 757

Morbid Tales (U.S Version) vs To Mega Therion  Empty
PostSubject: Morbid Tales (U.S Version) vs To Mega Therion    Morbid Tales (U.S Version) vs To Mega Therion  Icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2014 2:32 am

So guys which one is your favorite?
Back to top Go down
http://wwwtotalmetal.blogspot.com/
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9889

PostSubject: Re: Morbid Tales (U.S Version) vs To Mega Therion    Morbid Tales (U.S Version) vs To Mega Therion  Icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2014 2:52 am

Not familiar with these two bands. Let me check them out.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Morbid Tales (U.S Version) vs To Mega Therion    Morbid Tales (U.S Version) vs To Mega Therion  Icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2014 2:54 am

Ahhh you're talking about two albums by celtic frost? Never heard anything by these guys. Not into extreme metal.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Morbid Tales (U.S Version) vs To Mega Therion    Morbid Tales (U.S Version) vs To Mega Therion  Icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2014 4:06 am

You should at least listen to Morbid Tales, it's probably not nearly as extreme as you're expecting. I think both of those albums were ahead of their time.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Morbid Tales (U.S Version) vs To Mega Therion    Morbid Tales (U.S Version) vs To Mega Therion  Icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2014 4:22 am

Listening to it now. Not bad after all.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Morbid Tales (U.S Version) vs To Mega Therion    Morbid Tales (U.S Version) vs To Mega Therion  Icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2014 4:26 am

I find it impossible to choose so I'm going with Morbid Tales due to the impact it had on me.
Back to top Go down
Thelemech
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Thelemech

Number of posts : 4009

PostSubject: Re: Morbid Tales (U.S Version) vs To Mega Therion    Morbid Tales (U.S Version) vs To Mega Therion  Icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2014 11:19 am

I am a big Celtic Frost fiend. Morbid Tales is such a groundbreaking album, one of my favorites albums from Extreme Metal.

What is the difference between the U.S version and the worldwide issue?
Back to top Go down
choosemetal
Metal master
Metal master
choosemetal

PostSubject: Re: Morbid Tales (U.S Version) vs To Mega Therion    Morbid Tales (U.S Version) vs To Mega Therion  Icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2014 11:52 am

The U.S version had more tracks which made it a full record.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7613

PostSubject: Re: Morbid Tales (U.S Version) vs To Mega Therion    Morbid Tales (U.S Version) vs To Mega Therion  Icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2014 12:47 pm

To Mega Therion for me, but both are great. I still need to get these on cd.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/

PostSubject: Re: Morbid Tales (U.S Version) vs To Mega Therion    Morbid Tales (U.S Version) vs To Mega Therion  Icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2014 1:43 pm

I never owned the US version of Morbid Tales. I had the original 7 track European version plus the Emperor's Return EP which contained all the tracks from the US version plus an earlier recording of Circle Of The Tyrants which they would re-record and include on To Mega Therion.

Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12634

PostSubject: Re: Morbid Tales (U.S Version) vs To Mega Therion    Morbid Tales (U.S Version) vs To Mega Therion  Icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2014 2:52 pm

Have the vinyl of the original "Morbid Tales" and "Emperor's Return" EP and got the vinyl version with both a few years back.

So being that it has both, I went with US version of "Morbid Tales". "To Mega Therein" is great too.

Metal master
Metal master
DakotaRogers

Number of posts : 920

PostSubject: Re: Morbid Tales (U.S Version) vs To Mega Therion    Morbid Tales (U.S Version) vs To Mega Therion  Icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2014 6:22 pm

"HEY!!! I said... HEYYYYYYYYYYY!"

To Mega Therion for me.

"OOPH!"
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Morbid Tales (U.S Version) vs To Mega Therion    Morbid Tales (U.S Version) vs To Mega Therion  Icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2014 6:39 pm

Mega Therion. That album really stands out, a classic.
Back to top Go down
choosemetal
Metal master
Metal master
choosemetal

PostSubject: Re: Morbid Tales (U.S Version) vs To Mega Therion    Morbid Tales (U.S Version) vs To Mega Therion  Icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2014 6:52 pm

I gotta go with Morbid Tales. Procreation of the wicked, Return to the eve, Into Crypts of rays! Such good songs.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Morbid Tales (U.S Version) vs To Mega Therion    Morbid Tales (U.S Version) vs To Mega Therion  Icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2014 7:27 pm

I like them both.

nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25905

PostSubject: Re: Morbid Tales (U.S Version) vs To Mega Therion    Morbid Tales (U.S Version) vs To Mega Therion  Icon_minitimeSun Nov 23, 2014 9:15 pm

Both albums are great. Voted Morbid Tales.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Morbid Tales (U.S Version) vs To Mega Therion    Morbid Tales (U.S Version) vs To Mega Therion  Icon_minitimeSun Nov 23, 2014 10:25 pm

Where's the option for Hellhammer? Very Happy

Both are incredible releases, but I'm going with Morbid Tales on this one. "Circle of the Tyrants" is still the best Celtic Frost song, just above "Into the Crypt of Rays".
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Morbid Tales (U.S Version) vs To Mega Therion    Morbid Tales (U.S Version) vs To Mega Therion  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: