Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

MEGA PIRANHA!!

Go down 
+9
DallasBlack
metalinmyveins
tohostudios
jstate
Ultimate.Nightmare
thejokeriv
scottmitchell74
kmorg
Fat Freddy
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

MEGA PIRANHA!! Empty
PostSubject: MEGA PIRANHA!!   MEGA PIRANHA!! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 11:57 am

Fellow bad movie lovers...our ship has come in!!

MEGA PIRANHA!! MegaPiranha-213x300

For those of us who were masochistic enough to actually enjoy the Asylum's cheez-tastic, craptacular epic "Mega Shark Vs. Giant Octopus" (i.e., me and Spec), check out their latest forthcoming "Mockbuster" set for DVD in April of 2010... obviously intended to bite (pun not intended) off of the upcoming, big budget "Piranha 3-D" remake that's also due later this year.

Continuing with the Asylum's tradition of putting has-been '80s teen-pop queens in their movies ("Mega Shark" featured a fine acting turn by Debbie/Deborah Gibson), "Mega Piranha" stars Deb's old rival Tiffany (!) alongside Barry "Greg Brady" Williams.

When this movie comes out I am SO renting it!! How can you lose with a powerhouse acting combo like that? Laughing very hard

Betcha this is only the lead in to an eventual crossover "Mega Piranha Vs. Giant Octopus vs. Mega Shark" movie...

Or perhaps... "Mega Lobster?" "Mega Crab?" "Mega-Clam Vs. Giant Oyster?" The possibilities are endless!!!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:04 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

MEGA PIRANHA!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MEGA PIRANHA!!   MEGA PIRANHA!! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 12:22 pm

I loved the original Piranha movies Very Happy

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

MEGA PIRANHA!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MEGA PIRANHA!!   MEGA PIRANHA!! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 12:25 pm

kmorg wrote:
I loved the original Piranha movies MEGA PIRANHA!! Icon_biggrin

Me too. I still have the original (1978) on VHS somewhere around the house. Legend has it that Steven Spielberg hired Joe Dante to direct "Gremlins" on the strength of that movie, saying it was "The best Jaws ripoff I've ever seen."

"Piranha II: The Spawning" is a hoot and a half too. Love the flying piranhas!!! Hard to believe that James Cameron got his start as a director on that movie. He's come a looooong way baby!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

MEGA PIRANHA!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MEGA PIRANHA!!   MEGA PIRANHA!! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 12:27 pm

I love sooooo many of those fanous directors debuts. Duel is another classic, f.ex.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

MEGA PIRANHA!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MEGA PIRANHA!!   MEGA PIRANHA!! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 12:28 pm

kmorg wrote:
I love sooooo many of those fanous directors debuts. Duel is another classic, f.ex.

Oh yea, Dennis Weaver vs. Giant Truck. That's a classic!

Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

MEGA PIRANHA!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MEGA PIRANHA!!   MEGA PIRANHA!! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 12:30 pm

I wish I knew you guys 20 years ago. I owned close to 600 horror/splatter movies, and knew all the names of the actors, directors etc. Now I can hardly remember what I ate for breakfast.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

MEGA PIRANHA!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MEGA PIRANHA!!   MEGA PIRANHA!! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 12:34 pm

Kmorg wrote:
I wish I knew you guys 20 years ago. I owned close to 600 horror/splatter movies, and knew all the names of the actors, directors etc. Now I can hardly remember what I ate for breakfast.

I wish that 20 years ago I'd been using the valuable real estate in my brain for something more useful than memorizing B-Movie titles, dialogue, actors, directors, and heavy metal trivia. .Laughing

Speaking of which, the original "Piranha" has one of my all time favorite bits of movie dialogue in it:

Resort employee to boss: "Sir, the piranhas..."

Resort Owner: "I told you, I don't want to hear anymore about the god***n piranhas! What about the god***n piranhas?"

Resort employee: "Uh...they're eating the guests, sir."

Laughing very hard

Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

MEGA PIRANHA!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MEGA PIRANHA!!   MEGA PIRANHA!! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 12:37 pm

Awesome! I still remember Piranha from when I was a kid. What a great, cheesy, classic movie.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

MEGA PIRANHA!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MEGA PIRANHA!!   MEGA PIRANHA!! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 12:47 pm

Heather Menzies, who played the heroine in 1978's "Piranha," played one of the Von Trapp children in "The Sound Of Music" when she was a kid. Kind of an odd career trajectory.

.....see? This is the kind of useless crap I was talking about in my earlier post. Why do I remember these things??

Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

MEGA PIRANHA!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MEGA PIRANHA!!   MEGA PIRANHA!! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 12:56 pm

I think it's awesome. I secretly wish I was a mix of you and Sheldon from The Big Bang Theory.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

MEGA PIRANHA!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MEGA PIRANHA!!   MEGA PIRANHA!! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 1:02 pm

kmorg wrote:
I think it's awesome. I secretly wish I was a mix of you and Sheldon from The Big Bang Theory.

Laughing very hard Thanks. Awesome but ultimately useless, I guess, unless I manage to get on "Who Wants To Be A Millionaire" or "Jeopardy" and put some of this trivia to good use by winning big $$$!

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

MEGA PIRANHA!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MEGA PIRANHA!!   MEGA PIRANHA!! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 1:05 pm

Speaking of "Piranha," the "Piranha 3-D" remake that's in the works sounds promising and gnarly. Supposedly a trailer for it was released with "Avatar" in the States but I haven't seen it yet. Alexandre Aja (the French horror guy who did the "Hills Have Eyes" remake and "Haute Tension") directed it.

Although, it was supposed to come out this Spring but apparently has been pushed back to August of this year... and that's usually not a good sign. August is traditionally the dumping ground for studios to get rid of movies that they really don't give a crap about.

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

MEGA PIRANHA!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MEGA PIRANHA!!   MEGA PIRANHA!! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 1:05 pm

I was exactly like you. I used to bore/amaze my friends to death with all the useless movie/metal trivia. But working with thinner for 13 years has erased most of the useless memories.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

MEGA PIRANHA!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MEGA PIRANHA!!   MEGA PIRANHA!! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 1:08 pm

kmorg wrote:
I was exactly like you. I used to bore/amaze my friends to death with all the useless movie/metal trivia. But working with thinner for 13 years has erased most of the useless memories.

MEGA PIRANHA!! 201269 At least your friends were impressed. All I ever got was "Dude, why do you know this sh*t?"

With my luck, I'd get on "Jeopardy" and all the questions would be about ancient history, mathematics, non-trashy literature and science, all of which I know nothing about.

There used to be a quiz game show on Comedy Central here called "Beat The Geeks" where all of the questions were about TV, movies, and music... I used to watch that and go "How do I get on this thing, I'd be perfect for it, I could smoke all of these people!" ... unfortunately it was cancelled fairly quickly. So much for my get-rich-quick scheme. MEGA PIRANHA!! Icon_sad

Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

MEGA PIRANHA!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MEGA PIRANHA!!   MEGA PIRANHA!! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 2:05 pm

Might have to catch it when it airs of ScyFy Channel
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

MEGA PIRANHA!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MEGA PIRANHA!!   MEGA PIRANHA!! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 2:11 pm

thejokeriv wrote:

Now that you mention it, I might wait to take the SyFy route too... when "Mega Shark Vs. Giant Octopus" first showed up on my cable's On Demand last year, I ordered it, then it premiered on SyFy like two weeks later ...my wife was all pissed off at me for blowing $4.95 on it (and making her sit thru it) when I could've just waited a little while and seen it for nuthin'. MEGA PIRANHA!! 201269

Besides, we all know there is NO WAY that the movie will reflect the awesomeness of that DVD cover art whatsoever. MEGA PIRANHA!! Icon_lol

Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

MEGA PIRANHA!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MEGA PIRANHA!!   MEGA PIRANHA!! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 2:30 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:

Now that you mention it, I might wait to take the SyFy route too... when "Mega Shark Vs. Giant Octopus" first showed up on my cable's On Demand last year, I ordered it, then it premiered on SyFy like two weeks later ...my wife was all pissed off at me for blowing $4.95 on it (and making her sit thru it) when I could've just waited a little while and seen it for nuthin'. MEGA PIRANHA!! 201269

Besides, we all know there is NO WAY that the movie will reflect the awesomeness of that DVD cover art whatsoever. MEGA PIRANHA!! Icon_lol

Well, the other issue is that it will be "edited for television", unless they do the late night, Comedy Central un-cut type thing.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

MEGA PIRANHA!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MEGA PIRANHA!!   MEGA PIRANHA!! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 2:34 pm

thejokeriv wrote:

Well, the other issue is that it will be "edited for television", unless they do the late night, Comedy Central un-cut type thing.

I've found that SyFy tends to edit mainly for bad language, they leave the bulk of the "good stuff" in (i.e., gore)...I've seen some pretty nasty-ass stuff on SyFy (eyeball gougings, people's heads getting smashed in, etc.)

They also cut out any boobies, of course, but somehow I doubt Tiffany's gonna take off her top in this movie, and even if she does, I'm not sure if I wanna see her goods after all these years anyway. Gravity's probably pullin' on her like she's a Stretch Armstrong doll. MEGA PIRANHA!! Icon_wink

Back to top Go down
Ultimate.Nightmare
Metal novice
Metal novice
Ultimate.Nightmare

Number of posts : 96

MEGA PIRANHA!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MEGA PIRANHA!!   MEGA PIRANHA!! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 1:15 pm

Quote :
They also cut out any boobies, of course, but somehow I doubt Tiffany's gonna take off her top in this movie, and even if she does, I'm not sure if I wanna see her goods after all these years anyway. Gravity's probably pullin' on her like she's a Stretch Armstrong doll. MEGA PIRANHA!! Icon_wink

That's what is useful with still having the Payboy she was in. Good ol' reminiscence.

But yes, its going to be a shitty movie. But I want to see it anyways. Hopefully my piranhas won't be getting ay ideas.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

MEGA PIRANHA!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MEGA PIRANHA!!   MEGA PIRANHA!! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 1:37 pm

Mega Piranha Pix! (Still looking for a trailer... no luck yet)

MEGA PIRANHA!! MegaPiranha4

If this is the actual size of the fish in the movie, then those giant piranhas chomping down battleships on the DVD cover are totally false advertising. I haven't even seen the movie yet and I already want my money back.

MEGA PIRANHA!! MegaPiranha1

Muscle Bound Hero dude toting a Nerf Blaster?

MEGA PIRANHA!! MegaPiranha3

Greg Brady is pensive (and crater faced).

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

MEGA PIRANHA!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MEGA PIRANHA!!   MEGA PIRANHA!! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 1:39 pm

No luck finding a trailer for "Mega Piranha," but I did find one for the movie they're ripping off, Alexandre Aja's "Piranha 3D" -- looks like good, dumb gory fun to me!!

Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

MEGA PIRANHA!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MEGA PIRANHA!!   MEGA PIRANHA!! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 3:06 pm

Was that Christopher Lloyd?

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

MEGA PIRANHA!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MEGA PIRANHA!!   MEGA PIRANHA!! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 4:01 pm

kmorg wrote:
Was that Christopher Lloyd?

I had to watch it again to be sure, but yup, I do believe that's him!

Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

MEGA PIRANHA!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MEGA PIRANHA!!   MEGA PIRANHA!! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 4:43 pm

I hope the 3-D is good, because I'm really starting to hate these digital created monsters. I know it's the way it is, but I miss the stock footage and animatronics.

Back in the early 90's a local video store was closing and selling the inventory. My buddy Chas and I cleaned them out. Piranha 1&2 were the big scores.

This thread reminds me of two of my all-time favorite movies in this genre -

Alligator and Day Of The Animals.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

MEGA PIRANHA!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MEGA PIRANHA!!   MEGA PIRANHA!! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 11:54 am

jstate wrote:

Back in the early 90's a local video store was closing and selling the inventory. My buddy Chas and I cleaned them out. Piranha 1&2 were the big scores.

Nice. As I mentioned earlier, I still have a VHS of the first "Piranha" around the house somewhere, I may have to dig it out now that I'm thinking about it. Never owned "Piranha II" but it used to turn up on local TV on Saturday or Sunday afternoons a lot in the late 80s, I must've seen that flick a dozen times. I've almost bought it on DVD a few times now. Last time I saw it in a store, it even had a big sticker on it that said "FROM THE DIRECTOR OF TITANIC AND TRUE LIES!" Laughing very hard

Quote :
This thread reminds me of two of my all-time favorite movies in this genre -

Alligator and Day Of The Animals.

Alligator is an AWESOME killer-creature flick! I haven't seen that one in ages. I dont' think it was available on DVD (at least in the U.S.) till fairly recently.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

MEGA PIRANHA!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MEGA PIRANHA!!   MEGA PIRANHA!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MEGA PIRANHA!!
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: