Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Heavy Metal & Horror movies

Go down 
+15
thejokeriv
Ultimate.Nightmare
metalheaded
Eyesore
DeathCult
Shiney
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
Required Fields
iamrockerfun
mc666
Lurideath
tohostudios
kmorg
Dave the Boss
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Heavy Metal & Horror movies Empty
PostSubject: Heavy Metal & Horror movies   Heavy Metal & Horror movies Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 5:26 am

I can only recall Dokken's "in my dreams" and Alice's Cooper's "He's back, (the man behind the mask)".
Great songs BTW. Can you name another horror movies metal soundtracks?
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: Heavy Metal & Horror movies   Heavy Metal & Horror movies Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 6:06 am

Dario Argento's Phenomenon. Has Maiden's Flash of the Blade and Motörhead's Locomotive.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Heavy Metal & Horror movies   Heavy Metal & Horror movies Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 6:39 am

Fastway has an entire album for the Trick or Treat movie.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Heavy Metal & Horror movies   Heavy Metal & Horror movies Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 10:11 am

Lynyrd Skynyrd's "Freebird" in The Devil's Rejects. OK, that's not metal.

How about Shok Paris' "On Your Feet" in The Hidden? OK, that's not really a horror movie.

Nevermind.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3891

PostSubject: Re: Heavy Metal & Horror movies   Heavy Metal & Horror movies Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 2:17 pm

Who Made Who and that entire AC/DC album in Maximum Overdrive.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Heavy Metal & Horror movies   Heavy Metal & Horror movies Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 2:30 pm

the movie Black Roses had a soundtrack that had bands like Lizzy Borden, Hallow's Eve, & King Cobra.

the Demon Knight soundtrack had Ministry, Pantera, Machine Head, Melvins, Biohazard, & Megadeth.

iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: Heavy Metal & Horror movies   Heavy Metal & Horror movies Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 2:31 pm

Shocker
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28414

PostSubject: Re: Heavy Metal & Horror movies   Heavy Metal & Horror movies Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 3:55 pm

Lääz Rockit's song Leatherface was used in Leatherface: Texas Chainsaw Massacre III.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Heavy Metal & Horror movies   Heavy Metal & Horror movies Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 5:41 pm

Quote :
I can only recall Dokken's "in my dreams"

Did you mean 'Dream Warriors'? And The Vinnie Vincent Invasion had 'Love Kills' in one of those Nightmare movies. I don't know which one. The 2nd maybe?

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

PostSubject: Re: Heavy Metal & Horror movies   Heavy Metal & Horror movies Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 6:32 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

Did you mean 'Dream Warriors'? And The Vinnie Vincent Invasion had 'Love Kills' in one of those Nightmare movies. I don't know which one. The 2nd maybe?

I believe the V.V.I. track was on the soundtrack to the 4th "Elm Street" flick.

Bruce Dickinson's solo version of "Bring Your Daughter (To The Slaughter)" was in the 5th "Elm St." too.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Heavy Metal & Horror movies   Heavy Metal & Horror movies Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 7:50 pm

The Sleepaway Camp movies have Obsession all over them.
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: Heavy Metal & Horror movies   Heavy Metal & Horror movies Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 7:57 pm

I seem to recall the horrible film ROCK & ROLL NIGHTMARE having metal music in it...can't recall whom....

I seem to think the same about THE GATE.

Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Heavy Metal & Horror movies   Heavy Metal & Horror movies Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 8:09 pm

Shiney wrote:
I seem to recall the horrible film ROCK & ROLL NIGHTMARE having metal music in it...can't recall whom....

I seem to think the same about THE GATE.

John Mikl Thor did Rock N' Roll Nightmare, pretty crap tastic. The Gate had alot of metal references, but the band in the movie is fictional. Ghoulies II had a song by W.A.S.P. in it(Scream Until You Like It).
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Heavy Metal & Horror movies   Heavy Metal & Horror movies Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 8:37 pm

The Strangeland soundtrack has some cool tunes on it.
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: Heavy Metal & Horror movies   Heavy Metal & Horror movies Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 8:40 pm

RETURN OF THE LIVING DEAD....more punkluy than metal, but still rockin'....

RIVER'S EDGE.....I'd consider it somewhat horrific in story...and it has metal in it!!!

PostSubject: Re: Heavy Metal & Horror movies   Heavy Metal & Horror movies Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 8:52 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Quote :
I can only recall Dokken's "in my dreams"

Sorry, I didn't write the name of the movie. "In my dreams" is in the movie Nightmare on Elm Street and it is played by Dokken. I really like that song, very 80's
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Heavy Metal & Horror movies   Heavy Metal & Horror movies Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 8:55 pm

Ligitaz wrote:

Sorry, I didn't write the name of the movie. "In my dreams" is in the movie Nightmare on Elm Street and it is played by Dokken. I really like that song, very 80's

I think you're confusing Dokken's "In My Dreams," which was not in an "Elm Street" movie, with their song "Dream Warriors," which WAS in an Elm Street movie.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Heavy Metal & Horror movies   Heavy Metal & Horror movies Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 9:09 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Ligitaz wrote:

I think you're confusing Dokken's "In My Dreams," which was not in an "Elm Street" movie, with their song "Dream Warriors," which WAS in an Elm Street movie.

Yep, sorry!! dream warriors!!!!
Back to top Go down
metalheaded
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
metalheaded

Number of posts : 434

PostSubject: Re: Heavy Metal & Horror movies   Heavy Metal & Horror movies Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 12:34 am

Not necessarily horror movies, but...

Gremlins 2 has a clip in it of Slayer's 'Angel of Death', when the gremlin is drinking the potion that makes him turn into a spider.

Pacific Heights, a suspense drama with Michael Keaton, has a clip of Hallows Eve's 'Lethal Tendencies' in one scene.
Back to top Go down
Ultimate.Nightmare
Metal novice
Metal novice
Ultimate.Nightmare

Number of posts : 96

PostSubject: Re: Heavy Metal & Horror movies   Heavy Metal & Horror movies Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 8:49 am

Man, there is so damn many out there. Here's two more.

1) Dèmoni (Demons): Accept- Fast as a Shark, Saxon- Everybody Up, Motley Crue- Save Our Souls, Pretty Maids- Night Danger

2) Ragewar (The Dungeonmaster) W.A.S.P.- Tormentor
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Heavy Metal & Horror movies   Heavy Metal & Horror movies Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 8:50 am

You can hear a snippet of Anvil's "Burning Bridges" during a scene in the newest "Final Destination" movie ("The Final Destination")

Oh, and Uwe Boll's piece of crap movie "Alone in the Dark" (aka "Christian Slater and Tara Reid vs. the Aliens") has Dimmu Borgir and a whole mess of other Nuclear Blast Records bands on the soundtrack.

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Heavy Metal & Horror movies   Heavy Metal & Horror movies Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 10:07 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
You can hear a snippet of Anvil's "Burning Bridges" during a scene in the newest "Final Destination" movie ("The Final Destination")

Oh, and Uwe Boll's piece of crap movie "Alone in the Dark" (aka "Christian Slater and Tara Reid vs. the Aliens") has Dimmu Borgir and a whole mess of other Nuclear Blast Records bands on the soundtrack.

Yeah, I made the mistake of catching that on TV last fall and the highlight was hearing Nightwish during the closing credits.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Heavy Metal & Horror movies   Heavy Metal & Horror movies Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 10:13 am

Ultimate.Nightmare wrote:

2) Ragewar (The Dungeonmaster) W.A.S.P.- Tormentor

You see/hear a bit of W.A.S.P. playing "Tormentor" in the cheesy horror comedy "TerrorVision" (1986?) too. One of the characters wears a W.A.S.P. shirt throughout the movie as well.

tohostudios wrote:
Yeah, I made the mistake of catching that on TV last fall and the highlight was hearing Nightwish during the closing credits.

It was pretty awful wasn't it? And not in a "so bad it's good" way either. I have since learned to avoid anything with Uwe Boll's name on it. A guy on IMDB once said that "Uwe Boll" is German for "Ed Wood Jr." Laughing very hard

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Heavy Metal & Horror movies   Heavy Metal & Horror movies Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 10:31 am

Actually, Alone In The Dark was quite watchable compared to the other Boll film I've seen. Bloodrayne. Ugh! It was barely even coherent.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Heavy Metal & Horror movies   Heavy Metal & Horror movies Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 10:35 am

tohostudios wrote:
Actually, Alone In The Dark was quite watchable compared to the other Boll film I've seen. Bloodrayne. Ugh! It was barely even coherent.

The only thing that made "A.I.T.D." watchable for me was Tara Reid. Laughing

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Heavy Metal & Horror movies   Heavy Metal & Horror movies Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Heavy Metal & Horror movies
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next