Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Judas Priest - British Steel DELUXE EDITION!

Go down 
+11
MetalGuy71
DeathCult
krokus
Fat Freddy
QuothTheRaven
the sentinel
Schbopo
thejokeriv
Dave the Boss
mr.electric39
BillRoxx
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

Judas Priest - British Steel DELUXE EDITION! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - British Steel DELUXE EDITION!   Judas Priest - British Steel DELUXE EDITION! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 9:59 pm

Metal Misfit wrote:
DeathCult wrote:
Metal Misfit wrote:
I've always thought this album was good but extremely overrated. Good to see they aren't just slapping a few bonus tracks on it and calling it a day. I'll probably pick this up for the DVD.

Well, they already did that with the bonus tracks. Now they're just slapping a DVD with it and calling it a day. Very Happy

I know. Very Happy I usually don't fall for super deluxe remastered you've never heard it like this before reissues like these, but I like Priest so much I'll let them slide this once...

I can see your point. I'd buy it too, IF it had the original LP mix, only re-mastered. The vinyl sounds phenomenal, the band is RIGHT in your living room, I figure the least they could do is give it the proper ballsy mix. My other problem with this is (at least for me) I'd be buying 1.) An album I already have 2.) A documentary I already have just to get a live album that'll probably be released seperately. The cash grab factor on it is just a little too much for me.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - British Steel DELUXE EDITION!   Judas Priest - British Steel DELUXE EDITION! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 10:58 am

manny wrote:
Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
Am I the only one that thinks British Steel isn't really all that good? Don't get me wrong there are some great songs on there but the album as a whole just sounds like a bunch of songs thrown onto an album for the sake of making an album. Maybe its just me.

Just you

If you watch that show Classic Albums on VH1-Classic, they say that this was the album that broke them out big in the United States, so that's probably why it gets as much hype as it does.

While they don't come right out & say it, British Steel could have very well been the "make-it-or-break-it" album for the band. They were cranking out quality material and getting known in England, but they needed a big hit in America. So with that in mind, they were looking for a radio hit ('Breakin' the Law') and a metal anthem ('United'), along with the heavy metal they've been developing.

While I could probably go without hearing 'Breaking the Law' again anytime soon, I like British Steel just fine. I think it deserves all the praise and accolades it's gotten. Even if I'm not buying the re-issue.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - British Steel DELUXE EDITION!   Judas Priest - British Steel DELUXE EDITION! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 8:11 am

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
Am I the only one that thinks British Steel isn't really all that good? Don't get me wrong there are some great songs on there but the album as a whole just sounds like a bunch of songs thrown onto an album for the sake of making an album. Maybe its just me.

I'm with you man. I like it, but it's one of my least favorite discs with Halford. I've always liked Point of Entry a lot more.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - British Steel DELUXE EDITION!   Judas Priest - British Steel DELUXE EDITION! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 4:36 pm

its about time someone agreed with me... but now I don't agree with you on Point of Entry hahahaha.

like MG mentioned I guess its just because it was their break out album in America is why its a fan favorite. I wasn't a fan at the time so maybe thats why I don't really see it the same as everyone else. I wasn't a fan until Ripper joined but I wasnt a fan of the Ripper era. Just for the heck of it I picked up Jugulator as my first JP album and after listening to it I thought hmmm... that really didn't live up to what everyone makes them out to be and then I went on to search for the older stuff.

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - British Steel DELUXE EDITION!   Judas Priest - British Steel DELUXE EDITION! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Judas Priest - British Steel DELUXE EDITION!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2