Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Annihilator

Go down 
+17
AchrisK
krokus
Gilbert
Lari
EvyMetal
MetalGuy71
Temple of Blood
Lurideath
Metallic Blaze
Troublezone
SideShowDisaSter
Wargod
Fat Freddy
stevegarveyfan
Required Fields
Jesusandmetal23
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

Annihilator - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Annihilator   Annihilator - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 11:12 pm

Totally agree Achrisk.
Back to top Go down
AchrisK
Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

Number of posts : 975

PostSubject: Re: Annihilator   Annihilator - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 11:15 pm

Wow dude, we agree on a surprisingly large percentage of stuff. You have great taste!!
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: Annihilator   Annihilator - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 12:19 am

AchrisK wrote:
For me Annihilator is an oddity. They have some KILLER riffs and passages, and some killer songs. Great playing. But their entire discography is littered with awkward lyrics and vocal deliveries, and lame songs. I mean some really stupid sounding stuff. Enough to where I have given up on them altogether, aside from the first two. I do like a good bit of what's on those albums. For me to want to own an album I have to like a large percentage of it, and can only stand very little dislike or annoyance. Annihilator gets bad enough that they are not worth the good, to me.

I'm just the opposite. There are very few songs from Annihilator I don't like. There are literally no albums I don't like.

I guess I'm actually quite a fan.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: Annihilator   Annihilator - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 1:37 am

AchrisK wrote:
Wow dude, we agree on a surprisingly large percentage of stuff. You have great taste!!

Looking at your avatar and reading your posts ... I am starting to think that we may be the same person ....
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Annihilator   Annihilator - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 2:50 am

Temple of Blood wrote:
AchrisK wrote:

Looking at your avatar and reading your posts ... I am starting to think that we may be the same person ....

Lord help us!
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Annihilator   Annihilator - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 10:19 am

Annihilator has it's faults but one thing is for sure, Jeff Waters is a master on the guitar.
Back to top Go down
AchrisK
Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

PostSubject: Re: Annihilator   Annihilator - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 3:12 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Annihilator has it's faults but one thing is for sure, Jeff Waters is a master on the guitar.

He may be. I can see that to some degree. But I seriously doubt he likes metal.
Back to top Go down
Jesusandmetal23
If it jams it jams
Jesusandmetal23

Number of posts : 1023

PostSubject: Re: Annihilator   Annihilator - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 3:13 pm

AchrisK wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

Yet he named his latest CD "Metal"?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Annihilator   Annihilator - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 3:19 pm

AchrisK wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

Annihilator - Page 2 685534
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: Annihilator   Annihilator - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 3:34 pm

AchrisK wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

His tastes are all over the place and unfortunately he mixes too much of this together into the same songs/albums in places where it is not seemless.
Back to top Go down
AchrisK
Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

PostSubject: Re: Annihilator   Annihilator - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 4:16 pm

S wrote:

Jesusandmetal23 wrote:

Dudes, he writes some of the dumbest sounding song parts ever. Almost like he isn't really into metal, and he sometimes gets it right, and sometimes gets it wrong. Like he can't hear, or doesn't know, what good metal is.
Back to top Go down
Jesusandmetal23
If it jams it jams
Jesusandmetal23

Number of posts : 1023

PostSubject: Re: Annihilator   Annihilator - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 5:09 pm

I can't help thinking that Jeff is a guitar monster.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: Annihilator   Annihilator - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 5:18 pm

AchrisK wrote:
S wrote:

Jesusandmetal23 wrote:

Dudes, he writes some of the dumbest sounding song parts ever. Almost like he isn't really into metal, and he sometimes gets it right, and sometimes gets it wrong. Like he can't hear, or doesn't know, what good metal is.

Quite the contrary. It would appear that you and TOB cannot hear, or don't know ... what good metal is.

Annihilator - Page 2 351885045_3920aa0a51
Back to top Go down
AchrisK
Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

PostSubject: Re: Annihilator   Annihilator - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 6:49 pm

No, that's not it.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6337

PostSubject: Re: Annihilator   Annihilator - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 10:19 pm

Waters is awesome. The greatest Canadian after Wayne Gretzky. And Chris Jericho.

And Don Cherry...
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Annihilator   Annihilator - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 10:26 pm

Awesome band. Alice In Hell and Never Neverland are my two favorites by them.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39631

PostSubject: Re: Annihilator   Annihilator - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 10:48 pm

Lari wrote:
Waters is awesome. The greatest Canadian after Wayne Gretzky. And Chris Jericho.

And Don Cherry...

Cherry's a better dresser ,too
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Annihilator   Annihilator - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 3:04 am

AchrisK wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

That's ridiculous... Annihilator - Page 2 Icon_rolleyes

His main influences are:

Priest, Maiden, Slayer, Metallica, Exodus, AC/DC and Van Halen.

Start a band and see who you influence. Just because you don't approve of his songwriting doesn't make him unmetal. You have your own taste and other people have theirs.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Annihilator   Annihilator - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 3:13 am

Metallic Blaze wrote:
AchrisK wrote:
S wrote:

Jesusandmetal23 wrote:

Quite the contrary. It would appear that you and TOB cannot hear, or don't know ... what good metal is.

Annihilator - Page 2 351885045_3920aa0a51

Annihilator - Page 2 Lol
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Annihilator   Annihilator - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 8:23 am

carnival diablos, king of the kill and waking the fury are great. heavier than the early stuff which is lso good
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Annihilator   Annihilator - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 12:03 pm

TheGooch wrote:
carnival diablos, king of the kill and waking the fury are great. heavier than the early stuff which is lso good

Except for King of the Kill... That wasn't heavier than AIH.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Annihilator   Annihilator - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 12:23 pm

maybe im thinking of a another one. the one with the creepy demon on the front. yeah thats not king of the kill is it. first few albums have such wimpy guitars sounds
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Annihilator   Annihilator - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 1:28 pm

I'm afraid I have to agree with a few of the dissenters regarding Annihilator. They're not a bad band and those first two records (as well as a few of the subsequent ones) are highly enjoyable, but Jeff Waters just isn't a good song-writer. He writes brilliant riffs but he just randomly connects them together - on a lot of the earlier stuff, this works well, but it's hit and miss overall. Far worse however is his general inability to write vocals. Almost every Annihilator song makes me cringe lyrically, they're just very piss poor. I know Annihilator is his vehicle, but he needs someone to help him write stuff. If there was a second creative body in the band who was able to make the songs more cohesive and the vocal melodies / lyrics more than just throwaway nonsense (Maximum Satan? What?), then Annihilator would be amongst the best.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Annihilator   Annihilator - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 1:33 pm

A long time ago i started a thread regarding his silly lyrics. I know the lyrics are weak or dumb but i think most people like Annihilator for the great music.
Back to top Go down
AchrisK
Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

PostSubject: Re: Annihilator   Annihilator - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 5:02 pm

Smindas wrote:
I'm afraid I have to agree with a few of the dissenters regarding Annihilator. They're not a bad band and those first two records (as well as a few of the subsequent ones) are highly enjoyable, but Jeff Waters just isn't a good song-writer. He writes brilliant riffs but he just randomly connects them together - on a lot of the earlier stuff, this works well, but it's hit and miss overall. Far worse however is his general inability to write vocals. Almost every Annihilator song makes me cringe lyrically, they're just very piss poor. I know Annihilator is his vehicle, but he needs someone to help him write stuff. If there was a second creative body in the band who was able to make the songs more cohesive and the vocal melodies / lyrics more than just throwaway nonsense (Maximum Satan? What?), then Annihilator would be amongst the best.

This is a good summation of my feelings. I am trolling a bit when I say he is not a fan of metal Annihilator - Page 2 Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Annihilator   Annihilator - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Annihilator
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next