Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Who are your favorite glam metal and hair metal bands?

Go down 
+14
mr.electric39
7thSaviour
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
ultmetal
Addy
manny
Troublezone
SAHB Healer
Thrasher73
snooloui
Schbopo
tohostudios
Metallic Blaze
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

Who are your favorite glam metal and hair metal bands? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who are your favorite glam metal and hair metal bands?   Who are your favorite glam metal and hair metal bands? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 1:58 pm

Gilbert wrote:
Firehouse
Bon Jovi
Cinderella
Slaughter
Europe 9.5/10
Who are your favorite glam metal and hair metal bands? - Page 2 11840
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Who are your favorite glam metal and hair metal bands?   Who are your favorite glam metal and hair metal bands? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 3:55 pm

Top three:

1. Dokken
2. Skid Row
3. Cinderella
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who are your favorite glam metal and hair metal bands?   Who are your favorite glam metal and hair metal bands? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 6:34 pm

I forgot Skid Row?!
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: Who are your favorite glam metal and hair metal bands?   Who are your favorite glam metal and hair metal bands? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 7:27 pm

ultmetal wrote:
I have a hard time labeling some of these bands "glam metal" and "hair metal". Twisted Sister were just pure heavy metal to me. Glam they were not. Ugly dudes in make-up, they were more properly labeled HID, 'cause they were hideous. The Scorpions, while they most certainly went that way, we one of the pioneers of traditional heavy metal. Uli Roth-era Scorps is far from "glam" or "hair" metal IMO. I love Motley Crue's first two albums, but these don't seem like glam or hair to me either. They were just traditional American heavy metal. But for argument's sake, I included some of these bands regardless.

Yeah, I knew there were gonna be people who disagreed with what I consider 'glam or hair' metal. It's not a big deal.

I agree with you that early Twisted Sister was heavy metal. But with each successive album, they got more and more commercial. By the time that "Love Is for Suckers" came out -- they were certainly a full-blown glam metal band. That's just how I see it though.

Who are your favorite glam metal and hair metal bands? - Page 2 Icon_smile

mr.electric39 wrote:
Frankly I wouldn't count Y&T in that group at all. Black Tiger, Mean Streak, Earthshaker, are more metal aren't they??

Just like I told Ult above regarding Twisted Sister. Yes, Y&T was more of a heavy metal band with the albums you mentioned, but by the time "Contagious" hit the streets -- followed by "Ten", Y&T was a full blown glam/hair metal band. And those were their two best selling albums too.

So because of the 'evolution' of certain bands ... who may have started off heavier ... I will still see them as 'glam metal', as their legacy will testify to that.

Heck, even early Wasp was more heavy metal. But by the time "Headless Children" came out ... followed by "Crimson Idol", they were a FULL BLOWN glam metal band.

Glam metal isn't even so much about the 'look' as it is the 'sound'. A lot of people don't realize that.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Who are your favorite glam metal and hair metal bands?   Who are your favorite glam metal and hair metal bands? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 7:31 pm

And even "glam metal" isn't "granular" enough.

There's a big difference between a band like Hardcore Superstar and say, The Quireboys. I still say we need a sub-subgenre called something like "Honky Tonk glam rock".

Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: Who are your favorite glam metal and hair metal bands?   Who are your favorite glam metal and hair metal bands? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 7:31 pm

I say if it's good it's good......

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Who are your favorite glam metal and hair metal bands?   Who are your favorite glam metal and hair metal bands? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 7:34 pm

Shiney wrote:
I say if it's good it's good......

True but this touches my favorite style of music so I guess I take it a little too personally when I see bands lumped in that I don't think belong. Normally, I'm not a genre nazi and couldn't care less how people classify music but this is MY music dammit! Who are your favorite glam metal and hair metal bands? - Page 2 11840

Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: Who are your favorite glam metal and hair metal bands?   Who are your favorite glam metal and hair metal bands? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 7:42 pm

I will tell you a newer favorite of mine is this band:

PANZER PRINCESS....great snotty glammity punkish sleaze.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: Who are your favorite glam metal and hair metal bands?   Who are your favorite glam metal and hair metal bands? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 7:47 pm

Their like Jetboy..........without the suckiness!
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Who are your favorite glam metal and hair metal bands?   Who are your favorite glam metal and hair metal bands? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 7:49 pm

Shiney wrote:
I will tell you a newer favorite of mine is this band:

PANZER PRINCESS....great snotty glammity punkish sleaze.

Love the name!

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Who are your favorite glam metal and hair metal bands?   Who are your favorite glam metal and hair metal bands? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 9:59 pm

rattpoison wrote:
Their like Jetboy..........without the suckiness!

Hey!! I like Jetboy!! Who are your favorite glam metal and hair metal bands? - Page 2 209773

PostSubject: Re: Who are your favorite glam metal and hair metal bands?   Who are your favorite glam metal and hair metal bands? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Who are your favorite glam metal and hair metal bands?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2