Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Pantera vs Lamb of God

Go down 
+33
Required Fields
nevermore
KaosAntix
TheGooch
7thSaviour
QuothTheRaven
Troublezone
fingers
Lurideath
mc666
ohwellmonkey
Jesusandmetal23
INVADERS
DeathCult
MetalRob331
EvyMetal
Metallic Blaze
Schbopo
Hamer12
Vexer6
James B.
FlyingV
ultmetal
manny
MetalGuy71
Stender
Fat Freddy
Dave the Boss
Temple of Blood
Mglaffas81
Eyesore
Gilbert
37 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

Pantera vs Lamb of God - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pantera vs Lamb of God   Pantera vs Lamb of God - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 11:21 pm

DeathCult wrote:
I really don't like either, but is they're really enough of a similarity to compare the two?

I think there is enough similarity between the two. Especially the latter half of Pantera's catalogue vs. Lamb of God. After all, Lamb of God admits to being influenced by Pantera.
Back to top Go down
Jesusandmetal23
If it jams it jams
Jesusandmetal23

Number of posts : 1023

PostSubject: Re: Pantera vs Lamb of God   Pantera vs Lamb of God - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 11:23 pm

Metallic Blaze wrote:
DeathCult wrote:
I really don't like either, but is they're really enough of a similarity to compare the two?

I think there is enough similarity between the two. Especially the latter half of Pantera's catalogue vs. Lamb of God. After all, Lamb of God admits to being influenced by Pantera.

LoG is groove driven, and there are some really tight guitar rhythms. They don't have much lasting power, though,
Back to top Go down
ohwellmonkey
Metal student
Metal student
ohwellmonkey

Number of posts : 118

PostSubject: Re: Pantera vs Lamb of God   Pantera vs Lamb of God - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 11:24 pm

I dislike both. So I'd like to see them both lose.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Pantera vs Lamb of God   Pantera vs Lamb of God - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 11:31 pm

ohwellmonkey wrote:
I dislike both. So I'd like to see them both lose.

Pantera vs Lamb of God - Page 2 Lol

I kinda feel this way too.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Pantera vs Lamb of God   Pantera vs Lamb of God - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 1:25 am

i can take or leave either one of them.

Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: Pantera vs Lamb of God   Pantera vs Lamb of God - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 1:53 am

I find both overrated. Don't care for either band myself.
Back to top Go down
fingers
Metal master
Metal master
fingers

Number of posts : 815

PostSubject: Re: Pantera vs Lamb of God   Pantera vs Lamb of God - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 5:21 am

Eyesore wrote:
I hope you're not suggesting they're similar in style, because, on another forum, I just argued with a bunch of kids that were barely out of diapers when Pantera was big. They kept calling them overrated and saying that Lamb of God was far better and more influential. Totally lame.

Anyway, Lamb of God is crap. The singer makes Phil Anselmo sound like one of metals greatest crooners.

Used to hate lamb of god, was in a band 2 years ago full of lamb of god fans so I got used to them, their riffs are really weak though really unoriginal but I don't however think the singer sux now like I did in the beginning I changed my opinion about him when I heard the song he did with Overkill heres the link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2awvcj1080. I would be interested what you think of it Eyesore.

Randy Blythe is a good singer but not as good as Phil Anselmo obviously. His singing doesn't match lamb of god's music because of the chemistry and the sound of the band. Lamb of God's music sounds more like The haunted than Pantera I would of thought but hey been a while since I listened to the Haunted saw them back in 2006 opening for Exodus so prove me if I am wrong. Lamb of God IMO are one of the most bland,insipid metal bands out there atm when I listen to an album of theirs it just gos from one ear to another but however I do like a few songs from their previous band Burn the priest [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIMxWHXVo6U, ,]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIMxWHXVo6U, ,[/url]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKipeQT1Zhg
way better than lamb of God sounds more like Meshuggah than metalcore and Pantera but the drummer's good though,

Randy Blythe does look like that computer geek Boris from that James Bond movie Goldeneye ay? Pantera vs Lamb of God - Page 2 Lol Pantera vs Lamb of God - Page 2 Lol .

When I met Christian Wolbers from Fear Factory he said the most random comment on Lamb of God I ever heard he claims they are better than Slayer Pantera vs Lamb of God - Page 2 685534 . I however strongly disagree
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Pantera vs Lamb of God   Pantera vs Lamb of God - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 8:06 am

LoG has one of the worst vocalists ever. I think they would be a lot better without Blythe. He worships at the altar of Pantera's GSTK album. Phil Anselmo proved he can sing on his first three albums with Pantera. Blythe has yet to prove he has any talent other than memorizing lyrics. Croaking like a dying toad gets old...

Last edited by Troublezone on Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
QuothTheRaven
Metal master
Metal master
QuothTheRaven

Number of posts : 874

PostSubject: Re: Pantera vs Lamb of God   Pantera vs Lamb of God - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 9:46 am

ultmetal wrote:
I'm not a big fan of Pantera, but I don't like Lamb of God at all....They write some good riffs, but their singer ruins any enjoyment I can find from them.

100% agree! I like CFH and selected songs from other albums, but I cannot stomach Lamb of God's vocalist singer frontman person who conveys their lyrics! My vote goes to Pantera. "Cemetery Gates" is one of my top five metal songs, ever! Pantera vs Lamb of God - Page 2 11840
Back to top Go down
fingers
Metal master
Metal master
fingers

Number of posts : 815

PostSubject: Re: Pantera vs Lamb of God   Pantera vs Lamb of God - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 7:44 pm

Troublezone wrote:
LoG has one of the worst vocalists ever. I think they would be a lot better without Blythe. He worships at the altar of Pantera's GSTK album. Phil Anselmo proved he can sing on his first three albums with Pantera. Blythe has yet to prove he has any talent other than memorizing lyrics. Croaking like a dying toad gets old...

Lamb of God's stuff rips off more Far beyond Driven not GSTK
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Pantera vs Lamb of God   Pantera vs Lamb of God - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 5:51 am

fingers wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

Lamb of God's stuff rips off more Far beyond Driven not GSTK

I was refering to just the vocals. Blythe definately imitates Phil's annoying screaming stuff off of GSTK. "The band" imitates the groove riffs from Far Beyond Driven. I actually like LoG's music, i just don't like their frontman.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Pantera vs Lamb of God   Pantera vs Lamb of God - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 1:13 pm

Troublezone wrote:
I actually like LoG's music, i just don't like their frontman.

Same here.
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

PostSubject: Re: Pantera vs Lamb of God   Pantera vs Lamb of God - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 11:27 am

Pantera 9.5/10
LOG 9/10
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

PostSubject: Re: Pantera vs Lamb of God   Pantera vs Lamb of God - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 12:28 pm

Oh, Pantera by far.
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: Pantera vs Lamb of God   Pantera vs Lamb of God - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 2:39 pm

Metallic Blaze wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
I actually like LoG's music, i just don't like their frontman.

Same here.

That's usually how it is with these bands, the frontmen are hard to like. I think that the drummer for Lamb Of God is freakin' amazing though!
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Pantera vs Lamb of God   Pantera vs Lamb of God - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 6:37 pm

Quote :
I think that the drummer for Lamb Of God is freakin' amazing though!

He is the best part of the band.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Pantera vs Lamb of God   Pantera vs Lamb of God - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 9:54 am

no contest Pantera win hands down. log are great as well though. Vigil is a killer song
Back to top Go down
KaosAntix
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 7

PostSubject: Re: Pantera vs Lamb of God   Pantera vs Lamb of God - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 12:54 pm

Mate and I were having a few beers, and I asked... Pantera or Lamb of God? My question was quickly dismissed, then I couldn't figure out who I would say is "better" Thought I'd ask Google what it thought...Which led me here, after reading all the comments I had to register to throw in my two cents...

First of all though, why comment that you hate them both? What the Smurf are you doing on this thread then? You just going for a high post count or some smurf poo? Muppets.

I love both bands, IMO each band has it's stronger and weaker points..

I was 12 years old when a friend gave me his Vulgar Display of Power CD to listen to, 12 years later I can still rage to that same album, every song..loving it like it was brand new. That is pretty rare if you ask me, and not to mention all the other epic albums they put out.
Pantera have put out a fuckload of really epic songs each one unique from the next, you all know these songs..you've all smashed smurf poo the Smurf up to these songs, years on end. I have never gotten sick of Pantera, and without a doubt made a smurfing huge impact on the metal genre.. LEGENDS.

Lamb of God are also one of my favorite metal bands, but I believe this is a David and Goliath story, Pantera revolutionized therefore anything following them had to be smurfing amazing, LOG not forming till 13 years after Pantera did.
I can't believe all the comments against LOG frontman.. I've always thought his screamo to be smurfing powerful smurf poo, but that could be just personal preference, he doesn't have the range like say, Phil Anselmo does... But he's smurfing good at what he does IMO.

Summary, I don't really think It's fair to be compared to (IMO) one of the greatest metal bands that probably will ever exist... But

I thrash LOG and I get over it eventually and have to give it a break for a while...

But Pantera just does't get old, Any mood you are in..There is a song for it, Pioneers of Metal on crack, and always will be.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Pantera vs Lamb of God   Pantera vs Lamb of God - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 2:48 pm

Pantera
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Pantera vs Lamb of God   Pantera vs Lamb of God - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 12:17 pm

I definitely prefer Pantera.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Pantera vs Lamb of God   Pantera vs Lamb of God - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 12:21 pm

Required Fields wrote:

You're dredging this up again? Aren't there some birthday wishes to post or something? Razz

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Pantera vs Lamb of God   Pantera vs Lamb of God - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 12:51 pm

Ohhh good Lord. As Billy Milano sez, "DON'T START THAT SH*T AGAIN!"

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

PostSubject: Re: Pantera vs Lamb of God   Pantera vs Lamb of God - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 2:16 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Required Fields wrote:

You're dredging this up again? Aren't there some birthday wishes to post or something? Razz

lol!
Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: Pantera vs Lamb of God   Pantera vs Lamb of God - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2011 12:43 am

Gotta stand up for my fellow Texans and say Pantera.
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Pantera vs Lamb of God   Pantera vs Lamb of God - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2011 8:09 am

PANTERA by far.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pantera vs Lamb of God   Pantera vs Lamb of God - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pantera vs Lamb of God
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next