Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Charred Walls Of The Damned

Go down 
+14
Metal Misfit
Troublezone
GrandNational
T-Roy
Fat Freddy
Rex
A Handful of Wayne
Temple of Blood
Lurideath
kmorg
MetalGuy71
Wargod
Eyesore
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

Charred Walls Of The Damned - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Charred Walls Of The Damned   Charred Walls Of The Damned - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 7:41 am

TheNazgul wrote:
As a Ripper fanboy I usually don't have to investigate but after that song I need to hear more. I kept wanting them to slow down, who are they emulating? Dragonforce?

Nah, I think it is Richard's death metal influence (DEATH, BURNING INSIDE, etc.).
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Charred Walls Of The Damned   Charred Walls Of The Damned - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 2:17 pm

TheNazgul wrote:
As a Ripper fanboy I usually don't have to investigate but after that song I need to hear more. I kept wanting them to slow down, who are they emulating? Dragonforce?

no way.... dragonforce lol.... They need to speed it up on the next album, this one is great. Why is everyone so hell bent on the speed?

PostSubject: Re: Charred Walls Of The Damned   Charred Walls Of The Damned - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 7:00 pm

I like speed but not if it totally replaces good songwriting.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17150

PostSubject: Re: Charred Walls Of The Damned   Charred Walls Of The Damned - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 7:05 pm

Richard Christy is a funny guy.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Charred Walls Of The Damned   Charred Walls Of The Damned - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 8:36 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Really? I find him to be ridiculously unfunny. Haha.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Charred Walls Of The Damned   Charred Walls Of The Damned - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 10:34 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Really? I find him to be ridiculously unfunny. Haha.

He has a naive mid-west charm about him when he's telling stories and stuff on the Stern show. And his song parodies made me laugh. I can do without the ga-hey-antics. But, to a jaded, bitter city douche such as myself, he seems like a genuinely nice person.

PostSubject: Re: Charred Walls Of The Damned   Charred Walls Of The Damned - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 7:14 pm

Ok, this thing is better then I thought it would be. Sort of becomes more cohesive if you listen to the whole thing. As for the guitar player:

Jason is best known for his production and song-writing with the band Trivium. He produced Triviums's highly successful albums Acendancy and The Crusade at his own Orlando, Florida based studio, Audio Hammer. He has produced and/or mixed bands such as All That Remains, Bury Your Dead, August Burns Red, The Black Dahlia Murder, Dååth, The Autumn Offering, Luna Mortis, Chimaira, DevilDriver, God Forbid, If Hope Dies, Roadrunner United, Job for a Cowboy, Mutiny Within, and Sanctity.

Hey, all Toho's favorite bands.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Charred Walls Of The Damned   Charred Walls Of The Damned - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 1:54 pm

I kept ignoring this thread because of the bane name...figuring it was another Metalcore band or something...but I was Google-ing Ripper Owens and this came up...I like it!!
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Charred Walls Of The Damned   Charred Walls Of The Damned - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 4:48 pm

S wrote:
I kept ignoring this thread because of the bane name...figuring it was another Metalcore band or something...but I was Google-ing Ripper Owens and this came up...I like it!!

Yeah, I had a friend text me telling me to check out this band, but I just ignored him because it sounded like someone you mentioned. Awful name that doesn't really give you a good idea of what the band actually sounds like.

I've probably listened to this album 5 or 6 times since buying it a few days ago. Good stuff.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17150

PostSubject: Re: Charred Walls Of The Damned   Charred Walls Of The Damned - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 2:05 pm

I finally heard this and i like it a lot. I think Chuck would approve, especially the Control Denied type vocals on top of the Death Metal influenced music.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Charred Walls Of The Damned   Charred Walls Of The Damned - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 4:46 pm

Richard Christy was on Liquid Metal (sattelite radio) promoting this and they played a few other cuts from the album. Sounded pretty decent to me, although sometimes the drumming got a little too much, sounding a bit out of place in the song. But I guess that's to be expected. I'll probably pick it up though.

Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Charred Walls Of The Damned   Charred Walls Of The Damned - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 9:17 pm

Anyone heard the POWERMAD cover yet?

Where can we buy the Japanese version with this?
Back to top Go down
Ben Grimm
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Ben Grimm

Number of posts : 450

PostSubject: Re: Charred Walls Of The Damned   Charred Walls Of The Damned - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 10:35 pm

I have not heard the import track but I will say about the album itself, underneath a lot of hate for Tim Ripper Owens, and underneath a lot of people that are annoyed with Richard Christy (drum style, Howard Stern antics), is a kick @ss album from beginning to end. Too bad some people can't look past Ripper/Christy, they are missing out. I hope this is not the only album from these guys!! Currently my favorite album this year.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/inedibleben

PostSubject: Re: Charred Walls Of The Damned   Charred Walls Of The Damned - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 11:18 pm

I like it but I do wish for a little more variety.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Charred Walls Of The Damned   Charred Walls Of The Damned - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 12:46 pm

Bump for next album update...

Quote :
Christy has now issued the following update on the progress of the recording sessions for the new CHARRED CD:

"The second CHARRED WALLS OF THE DAMNED album is coming along amazingly! Drums and guitars are done, and we're currently getting ready to record the bass and vocals.

"This album is going to be incredible; I'm so proud of it. I can't wait for all of the fans to hear it.

"If you liked the first album, you're definitely going to love this album! It's going to be super-melodic, have plenty of blast beats, plenty of super-catchy vocal parts, heavy guitars, and insane bass parts!

"We're hoping for a September or October release on Metal Blade Records!"

Since I haven't heard otherwise, I'm going to assume it's the same line-up on this new album as the debut:

* Richard Christy - Drums
* Jason Suecof - Guitar, Producer
* Tim "Ripper" Owens - Vocals
* Steve DiGiorgio - Bass

Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

Number of posts : 975

PostSubject: Re: Charred Walls Of The Damned   Charred Walls Of The Damned - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 1:38 am

I really like this band's first CD. I did not know who was in it besides for Richard Christy when I bought it, and as I started really liking it, I was like, "this dude has an amazing voice!" Then somehow I found out it was Ripper Owens. A lot of good songs with some great songwriting. I guess I have no personal feelings towards any of the band members, but I love the CD. I have the second one, but have yet to really get familiar with it.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Charred Walls Of The Damned   Charred Walls Of The Damned - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 4:27 am

You couldn't tell it was Owens? I think he has a pretty distinct voice, even if his style of singing isn't that unique.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Charred Walls Of The Damned   Charred Walls Of The Damned - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 9:30 am

I need to break out that second album again. I enjoyed the first one, but the follow-up only got a few spins from me, then shelved. Probably deserves a fresh listen.

Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

Number of posts : 975

PostSubject: Re: Charred Walls Of The Damned   Charred Walls Of The Damned - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 11:08 am

Eyesore wrote:
You couldn't tell it was Owens? I think he has a pretty distinct voice, even if his style of singing isn't that unique.

I am not really all that hip to the scene, I guess. I do have one Judas Priest CD with him on it. I am not sure if I have any of the Iced Earth albums with him. I spend more time listening to death and thrash metal, than power and traditional metal, although I love bands from all of the genres.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Charred Walls Of The Damned   Charred Walls Of The Damned - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2016 10:09 am

Bump for new album coming Sept. 23rd...
Charred Walls Of The Damned - Page 2 Charedcreaturescd

"Creatures Watching Over The Dead" track listing:

01. My Eyes
02. The Soulless
03. Afterlife
04. As I Catch My Breath
05. Lies
06. Reach into the Light
07. Tear Me Down
08. Living in the Shadow of Yesterday
09. Time Has Passed

CHARRED WALLS OF THE DAMNED is:

Richard Christy - Drums
Jason Suecof - Guitar, Producer
Tim "Ripper" Owens - Vocals
Steve Digiorgio - Bass

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Charred Walls Of The Damned   Charred Walls Of The Damned - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2016 10:11 am

First single sounds ok enough. I'll maybe have to revisit the previous 2 albums and see if I need to add anymore Charred Walls to my collection. Album cover looks cool.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Charred Walls Of The Damned   Charred Walls Of The Damned - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2016 10:49 am

The new song is ok. I can think of other stuff I'd rather pick up instead.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Charred Walls Of The Damned   Charred Walls Of The Damned - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2016 11:30 am

I dunno, this band/project never clicked with me. I'm a Ripper Owens fan and I respect the musicianship 'n' all but I swear, every time I've heard a track from them, it sounded like each guy was playing a different song all at the same time.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Charred Walls Of The Damned   Charred Walls Of The Damned - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2016 10:06 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
First single sounds ok enough. I'll maybe have to revisit the previous 2 albums and see if I need to add anymore Charred Walls to my collection. Album cover looks cool.

I put a few tunes from the first 2 albums into a playlist over the weekend while I was going through the mail.

I think I have all the Charred Walls of the Damned that I need. Sorry Richard.

Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7631

PostSubject: Re: Charred Walls Of The Damned   Charred Walls Of The Damned - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2016 2:38 pm

I have their debut and it never did much for me. I never bothered with the follow up, but I like the new track so I might pick it up.

Also, here's their cover of Powermad's "Nice Dreams" which is very good:

Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Charred Walls Of The Damned   Charred Walls Of The Damned - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Charred Walls Of The Damned
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2