Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Charred Walls of the Damned New Album Update

Go down 
+4
A Handful of Wayne
Wurthless
chewie
MetalGuy71
8 posters
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Charred Walls of the Damned New Album Update Empty
PostSubject: Charred Walls of the Damned New Album Update   Charred Walls of the Damned New Album Update Icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 11:10 am

I thoroughly enjoyed the debut, looking forward to this one...

Quote :
CHARRED WALLS OF THE DAMNED — the project led by acclaimed metal drummer Richard Christy (ICED EARTH, DEATH, LEASH LAW, CONTROL DENIED, BURNING INSIDE) — has set "Cold Winds On Timeless Days" as the title of its sophomore CD, due on October 11 via Metal Blade Records. Audiohammer's Jason Suecof produced and Mark Lewis mixed, while mastering was handled by Alan Douches at West West Side Music (SEPULTURA, SUFFOCATION, UNEARTH) in New Windsor, New York. Christy states, "It's 12 songs of crushing heavy metal and I CAN'T WAIT for everyone to hear it.

With 12 songs clocking in at 58 minutes, fans are getting a lot more music this time around. Recording twelve songs in a short amount of time is no easy feat, but one that was accomplished because of the stellar talents in the band. Christy elaborates further: "I wanted to get a natural sound out of this album, I wanted everyone to be well rehearsed, not that I wanted the album to be rushed, but I wanted the spontaneous live feel and not over think anything too much." Christy describes "Cold Winds on Timeless Days" as a "perfect storm of producing."

"Cold Winds On Timeless Days" track listing:

01. Timeless Days
02. Ashes Falling Upon Us
03. Zerospan
04. Cold Winds
05. Lead The Way
06. Forever Marching On
07. Guiding Me
08. The Beast Outside My Window
09. On Unclean Ground
10. Bloodworm
11. Admire The Heroes
12. Avoid The Light

Christy previously stated about the new CHARRED material, "If you liked the first album, you're definitely going to love this album! It's going to be super-melodic, have plenty of blast beats, plenty of super-catchy vocal parts, heavy guitars, and insane bass parts!"

CHARRED WALLS OF THE DAMNED's recording lineup:

* Richard Christy - Drums
* Jason Suecof - Guitar, Producer
* Tim "Ripper" Owens (JUDAS PRIEST, YNGWIE MALMSTEEN, ICED EARTH) - Vocals
* Steve DiGiorgio (SADUS, TESTAMENT) - Bass

Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Charred Walls of the Damned New Album Update   Charred Walls of the Damned New Album Update Icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 11:32 am

Cool tune!!!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Charred Walls of the Damned New Album Update   Charred Walls of the Damned New Album Update Icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 3:37 pm

No love for Charred Walls? Pfft, buncha posers!Razz

Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5067

PostSubject: Re: Charred Walls of the Damned New Album Update   Charred Walls of the Damned New Album Update Icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 4:02 pm

Man, I shoulda read that first post. Ripper Owens, Richard Christy, and Steve DiGiorgio? That's awesome!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Charred Walls of the Damned New Album Update   Charred Walls of the Damned New Album Update Icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2011 5:40 pm

Bump for album cover. Not that any of you posers care...

Charred Walls of the Damned New Album Update Charredwindsnew

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Charred Walls of the Damned New Album Update   Charred Walls of the Damned New Album Update Icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2011 5:52 pm

HAHAHA! I care.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Charred Walls of the Damned New Album Update   Charred Walls of the Damned New Album Update Icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2011 6:23 pm

The name alone is enough to put me off. I think somebody here posted that band names consisting of more than 1 or 2 words are "verboten".

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Ben Grimm

Number of posts : 450

PostSubject: Re: Charred Walls of the Damned New Album Update   Charred Walls of the Damned New Album Update Icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2011 6:45 pm

They are an excellent band, their first album was my No.1 album the year it was released. If people would give Ripper a chance and actually listen to this band they might be surprised.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/inedibleben
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Charred Walls of the Damned New Album Update   Charred Walls of the Damned New Album Update Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 12:14 pm

tohostudios wrote:
The name alone is enough to put me off. I think somebody here posted that band names consisting of more than 1 or 2 words are "verboten".

Yea, the names kinda retarded. There is a long cryptic reason behind it that I don't feel like recounting now. It's from a prank phone call that Richard Christy made on the Howard Stern show.

Richard's an exceptional drummer and I thought all the Tim Owens fan-boys would be all over this, but I guess not. I enjoyed the first album, so I'll get this one as well. It's probably too thrashy for your tastes I'd reckon Toho.

Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Charred Walls of the Damned New Album Update   Charred Walls of the Damned New Album Update Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 12:54 pm

This stuff sounds better than the first album.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37868

PostSubject: Re: Charred Walls of the Damned New Album Update   Charred Walls of the Damned New Album Update Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 1:22 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
This stuff sounds better than the first album.

Ditto.

Never picked up the last CD cuz the samples I heard from it on YouTube didn't even sound like all the musicians were playing the same song. Ripper sounded great but the music was just background chaos with each guy showing off his chops.

If they've streamlined things a little bit on this new one then I might be more interested.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Charred Walls of the Damned New Album Update   Charred Walls of the Damned New Album Update Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Charred Walls of the Damned New Album Update
Page 1 of 1