Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TESTAMENT

Go down 
+22
FlyingV
Leatherface
Lari
Black Coffee
Schbopo
Stender
EvyMetal
Thrasher73
Fat Freddy
Mglaffas81
MetalGuy71
MetalFRO
mc666
GrandNational
Metallic Blaze
allthingsmetal
ultmetal
Temple of Blood
MetalRob331
Smindas
Jesusandmetal23
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
FlyingV
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
FlyingV

Number of posts : 270

TESTAMENT - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TESTAMENT   TESTAMENT - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 7:25 am

Man, I like it all. Really hard to pick favorites with Testament as I feel that all of their releases are strong and stand on their own.
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

TESTAMENT - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TESTAMENT   TESTAMENT - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 10:42 am

I am really looking forward to seeing Testament for the first time in March! Been a fan since 1990!
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

TESTAMENT - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TESTAMENT   TESTAMENT - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 10:46 am

7thSaviour wrote:
I am really looking forward to seeing Testament for the first time in March! Been a fan since 1990!

One of the bands I regret having never seen live. I hope to change that someday soon.
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

TESTAMENT - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TESTAMENT   TESTAMENT - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 10:47 am

007 wrote:
7thSaviour wrote:

One of the bands I regret having never seen live. I hope to change that someday soon.
You really need to catch them this year!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

TESTAMENT - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TESTAMENT   TESTAMENT - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 10:50 am

007 wrote:
7thSaviour wrote:

Same here. Shame they had to cancel that tour with Slayer & Megadeth. I'm hoping they reschedule.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

TESTAMENT - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TESTAMENT   TESTAMENT - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 10:51 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
007 wrote:
7thSaviour wrote:

Same here. Shame they had to cancel that tour with Slayer & Megadeth. I'm hoping they reschedule.
Yeah, definitely. I'm saving my ticket! Will you go see Megadeth on tour in March? I am lucky they'll still be playing in the vicinity! TESTAMENT - Page 2 11840
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

TESTAMENT - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TESTAMENT   TESTAMENT - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 10:54 am

7thSaviour wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
007 wrote:
7thSaviour wrote:

Yeah, definitely. I'm saving my ticket! Will you go see Megadeth on tour in March? I am lucky they'll still be playing in the vicinity! TESTAMENT - Page 2 11840

Nope. They aren't coming to my town on this go-round. I think I've seen Megadeth every time they've come to Philly since the early 90's though.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

TESTAMENT - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TESTAMENT   TESTAMENT - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 11:07 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
7thSaviour wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
007 wrote:
7thSaviour wrote:

Nope. They aren't coming to my town on this go-round. I think I've seen Megadeth every time they've come to Philly since the early 90's though.
That's way cool! It will also be my first time to see Exodus!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

TESTAMENT - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TESTAMENT   TESTAMENT - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 11:32 am

I saw Exodus live once. Megadeth toured with Exodus a few years ago on the United Abominations tour. Steve Souza had just left the band and Steev Esquivel (of Defiance fame) filled in on vocals. They were pretty good. The band came out during Megadeth's performance of 'Back In The Day' to supply back-up vocals, which was cool.

Haven't seen them with Rob Dukes, but I'm not much of a fan of his.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

TESTAMENT - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TESTAMENT   TESTAMENT - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 11:32 am

Whoa ! I just did a quick search online and found their playing March 12 just about 20 miles from my house ! How in the world did I miss that ?
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

TESTAMENT - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TESTAMENT   TESTAMENT - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 11:58 am

Saw Testament live once during the 80's, but I have never seen Exodus live.
Back to top Go down

TESTAMENT - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TESTAMENT   TESTAMENT - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 12:08 pm

Quote :
Whoa ! I just did a quick search online and found their playing March 12 just about 20 miles from my house ! How in the world did I miss that ?

Awesome. Who are they with?
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

TESTAMENT - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TESTAMENT   TESTAMENT - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 12:51 pm

All of Testament MATERIAL RULES TESTAMENT - Page 2 11840
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

TESTAMENT - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TESTAMENT   TESTAMENT - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 1:08 pm

TheNazgul wrote:
Quote :

Awesome. Who are they with?

Good Lord! After checking a little further,it's with Megadeth and Exodus ! I have to get there !
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

TESTAMENT - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TESTAMENT   TESTAMENT - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 6:07 pm

I was fortunate enough to catch Testament live on their "Practice What You Preach" tour back in May of 1990. What a FANFREEKIN-TASTIC show that was. I kid you not, it was PHENOMINAL!!!

Savatage and Dark Angel opened.
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

TESTAMENT - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TESTAMENT   TESTAMENT - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 11:22 am

Metallic Blaze wrote:
I was fortunate enough to catch Testament live on their "Practice What You Preach" tour back in May of 1990. What a FANFREEKIN-TASTIC show that was. I kid you not, it was PHENOMINAL!!!

I first got into Testament in 1990. 20 years! TESTAMENT - Page 2 11840
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

TESTAMENT - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TESTAMENT   TESTAMENT - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 7:57 pm

7thSaviour wrote:
Metallic Blaze wrote:

I first got into Testament in 1990. 20 years! TESTAMENT - Page 2 11840

I got into them in 1989, I was only 12 at the time.

To see them live the next year was just a dream come true for me!!!
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

TESTAMENT - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TESTAMENT   TESTAMENT - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 8:04 pm

I've seen them a handful of times after their Gathering album came out. I also was fortunate to hang out at Chuck Billy's house back around 2000, thanks to my friend Derin who knows Chuck and the Testament guys.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

TESTAMENT - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TESTAMENT   TESTAMENT - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 8:05 pm

That's freekin' cool Trouble.

So you know Chuck personally now?
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

TESTAMENT - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TESTAMENT   TESTAMENT - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 8:14 pm

Metallic Blaze wrote:

I've met him and hung out at his house. That's about it. But one cool thing is that we got to go to his local pizza joint and sit and talk. Steve Digiorgio were there too! My friend told him how upset he was about Chuck Schuldiner's passing. Now that i think about it... it was early 2002.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

TESTAMENT - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TESTAMENT   TESTAMENT - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 8:27 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Metallic Blaze wrote:

I've met him and hung out at his house. That's about it. But one cool thing is that we got to go to his local pizza joint and sit and talk. Steve Digiorgio were there too! My friend told him how upset he was about Chuck Schuldiner's passing. Now that i think about it... it was early 2002.

That's freekin awesome dude!!!

TESTAMENT - Page 2 778825 TESTAMENT - Page 2 778825 TESTAMENT - Page 2 778825
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

TESTAMENT - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TESTAMENT   TESTAMENT - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 3:16 pm

TESTAMENT - Page 2 83628

Prosthetic Records will re-release Testament's out-of-print 1995 hometown-show album "Live At The Fillmore" on CD on January 18th, 2011. The LP was reissued digitally last spring.

The "Live At The Fillmore" re-release includes expanded artwork and new layout by Carson Slovak and new liner notes by Robert Deutsch.

Pre-order your copy now at this location.

Prosthetic previously reissued four Testament projects: the acclaimed late-'90s studio albums "Demonic" and "The Gathering," the re-recordings compilation "First Strike Still Deadly," and the vintage live album "Live At Eindhoven '87."

Testament recently finished the "American Carnage" tour with Slayer and Megadeth and is currently writing material for their follow-up to 2008's "The Formation Of Damnation."

"The new album will most likely be a culmination of 'The Gathering' [1999] and 'The Formation of Damnation', but we're definitely not going to forget who we are or our roots. I think we've found a comfortable spot in our writing style," stated vocalist Chuck Billy.

"The Formation Of Damnation" was reissued on February 23rd in a deluxe tour edition. The two-disc edition includes the band's comeback album plus bonus footage of classic tracks and more.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

TESTAMENT - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TESTAMENT   TESTAMENT - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TESTAMENT
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2