Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Resurrection by Halford

Go down 
+29
MEGATRON
iamrockerfun
krokus
Metallic Blaze
the sentinel
Black Coffee
exact33
troublemagnet
GrandNational
Thrasher73
kmorg
TheButcher
James B.
Eyesore
scottmitchell74
Rex
JBall_Z
T-Roy
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
Orion Crystal Ice
ultmetal
manny
7thSaviour
mc666
ghost
Temple of Blood
fingers
33 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

Resurrection by Halford - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resurrection by Halford   Resurrection by Halford - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 7:20 pm

I love everything Halford has ever done.

I even like Two. But then again - I'm a pretty big fan of industrial music.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Resurrection by Halford   Resurrection by Halford - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 12:03 pm

detuned wrote:
How many lead singers does it take to screw in a light bulb?

1 - they just stand there and hold it and wait for the world to revolve around them.

Resurrection by Halford - Page 3 382568
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Resurrection by Halford   Resurrection by Halford - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 12:06 pm

crush the resistance, I'm gonna keep holding that &%^#$^ light bulb.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Resurrection by Halford   Resurrection by Halford - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 1:09 pm

mc666 wrote:
it was a decent album. much better than anything Judas Priest were contributing at the time.

yes, a decent album but not more then that (i agree with your JUDAS PRIEST statement). I like CRUCIBLE more.
Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: Resurrection by Halford   Resurrection by Halford - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 1:49 pm

amazing album. gonna listen to it again after years
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
MEGATRON
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
MEGATRON

Number of posts : 364

PostSubject: Re: Resurrection by Halford   Resurrection by Halford - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 4:43 pm

I love this album. Considering that Ressurection was his new band's first album, the band sounds a lot better than I expected them too. In my opinion it's better than Judas Priest's debut album. My favourite tracks are the title track and Silent Screams.

Last edited by MEGATRON on Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: Resurrection by Halford   Resurrection by Halford - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 5:22 pm

I do prefer "Crucible" over "Resurrection". But they are both fine albums.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Resurrection by Halford   Resurrection by Halford - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 8:32 pm

Metallic Blaze wrote:
I do prefer "Crucible" over "Resurrection". But they are both fine albums.

Me too...
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Resurrection by Halford   Resurrection by Halford - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 10:42 pm

krokus wrote:
mc666 wrote:
it was a decent album. much better than anything Judas Priest were contributing at the time.
I like CRUCIBLE more.
same here. a much more powerful & focused album.

fingers
Metal master
Metal master
fingers

Number of posts : 815

PostSubject: Re: Resurrection by Halford   Resurrection by Halford - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 4:35 pm

ultmetal wrote:
I think Resurrection is fantastic, and it has little to do with hype. It's just a good album. I think it is indeed a masterpiece and ranks as on of my favorite albums by Rob Halford outside of Judas Priest. "Resurrection", "Night Fall", "Locked and Loaded" and "One You Love to Hate" all come to mind as standout tracks.

Temple of Blood wrote:
Nothing is more generic than those guitar riffs on that first FIGHT disc. Total beginner stuff crafted by Rob himself.

Complex guitar riffs don't a good song make. Actually, I quite like the simplistic riffs and songwriting of War of Words. The songs are heavy, catchy and fun, headbanging fodder. I'm not sure when metal became something that had to be complex to be good. It's not rocket science. It's rock and roll.

I also get tired of hearing people used the term "generic" for something they don't like. (And it's not just you ToB. I hear this term used a lot on discussion boards.) What exactly is "generic"? Wouldn't generic be used for any band that plays a style that isn't completely new? Ultimatum are generic because we play a style of metal that has been around for a couple decades? Temple of Blood are generic because they sound like any number of speed metal bands? Avenger of Blood are generic because they have a sound similar to Sodom and Kreator? Absolutely not! Listen to what you like and ignore the rest.

Well I'll give it another listen on a good stereo 4 a change not the ipod alot of albums you listen 4 the first time on the ipod 4 gives you a different impression of the album than listening it on a good stereo for instance Metallica's Death Magnetic sounds completely unlistenable on an ipod because how bad the mastering is but when I started listening to it on a good stereo it changed my impression of the album in a more positive way
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Resurrection by Halford   Resurrection by Halford - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 6:19 pm

I love Resurrection. One of my favorite albums from the past decade. I never really got into Crucible. I gave it a few spins then tucked it away.
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: Resurrection by Halford   Resurrection by Halford - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 12:28 am

I first heard one of the tunes off of Resurrection on a HOM comp swap.... 'The one you love to Hate'..... kicked me up the backside and I went out and tracked down a copy....

Somebody is gonna say "WHAT??" how'd you miss it???

I was in Pastoral ministry at the time and my focus wasn't on Metal at the time..... I've made the determination Lord willing, if I go into ministry again I will NOT ignore my Metal hobby....

Resurrection by Halford - Page 3 438278
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Resurrection by Halford   Resurrection by Halford - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 3:40 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Just a general statement that I make quite a bit when it comes to opinions on music. I don't think you follow it. Unfortunately, you are known as one of the pickiest, most pompous, arrogant people on the board. In general, you chime in 10x more if you have something negative to say about a band or album, and usually it comes off as pompous. If I don't like a band, I might say so, but I consciously try not to be offensive about it. I don't pretend that the things that I like are superior to the music that others like. You come off as very offensive and rude about your opinion. Like it or not, that's how people see you. You come off as "music is about good songwriting and bad songwriting, good riffs and bad riffs. I know the difference and the rest of you don't." Basically, you come off as a pompous jerk. Whether you know it or not, it also affects how people view your band. Your attitude on the boards taints people's opinion of your band.
Resurrection by Halford - Page 3 Amen-0005lg
Back to top Go down
https://bandcamp.com/stonegrooverecords/following
brontotex
brontotex

Number of posts : 446

PostSubject: Re: Resurrection by Halford   Resurrection by Halford - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 4:02 pm

TrogDawn wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
Just a general statement that I make quite a bit when it comes to opinions on music. I don't think you follow it. Unfortunately, you are known as one of the pickiest, most pompous, arrogant people on the board. In general, you chime in 10x more if you have something negative to say about a band or album, and usually it comes off as pompous. If I don't like a band, I might say so, but I consciously try not to be offensive about it. I don't pretend that the things that I like are superior to the music that others like. You come off as very offensive and rude about your opinion. Like it or not, that's how people see you. You come off as "music is about good songwriting and bad songwriting, good riffs and bad riffs. I know the difference and the rest of you don't." Basically, you come off as a pompous jerk. Whether you know it or not, it also affects how people view your band. Your attitude on the boards taints people's opinion of your band.
This X 12Resurrection by Halford - Page 3 Amen-0005lg
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Resurrection by Halford   Resurrection by Halford - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 4:03 pm

brontotex wrote:
TrogDawn wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
This X 12Resurrection by Halford - Page 3 Amen-0005lg
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Resurrection by Halford   Resurrection by Halford - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 4:18 pm

End of thread.

PostSubject: Re: Resurrection by Halford   Resurrection by Halford - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Resurrection by Halford
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3