Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

PAT ROBERTSON IS A FOOL

Go down 
+20
7thSaviour
Dave the Boss
mc666
GrandNational
exact33
Eyesore
Olafsto
Metallic Blaze
scottmitchell74
Orion Crystal Ice
Stender
DeathCult
Required Fields
thejokeriv
tohostudios
Troublezone
Fat Freddy
manny
T-Roy
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PAT ROBERTSON IS A FOOL - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: PAT ROBERTSON IS A FOOL   PAT ROBERTSON IS A FOOL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 3:34 pm

Eyesore wrote:
SpectreFate wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
So if Pat Robertson is wrong, was it God that caused a giant earthquake to hit the biggest city in the poorest nation in this hemisphere?
Yes. But as far as saying that the nation's woes were caused by a pact with the devil, that's a bit absurd and at the very least in bad taste. In that case, Patty is 100% wrong.
Without this turning into a fight, because that's not my intent here, I have to ask one thing.

PAT ROBERTSON IS A FOOL - Page 2 T1larg.haiti.destruction.view.gi

Why? If Pat Robertson is wrong, why would God do that?

I am not a calvinist, so I don't believe that everything that happens is ordaned by God before the dawn of time. I do not believe that God caused the earthquake.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: PAT ROBERTSON IS A FOOL   PAT ROBERTSON IS A FOOL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 4:01 pm

T-Roy wrote:
I just wanted to be the first to say how sickened I am by what he said as a Christian. Condemning Haiti and saying this earthquake is the result of them being cursed for making a "deal" with the devil.

Mr Robertson, REAL PROPHETS CAME IN ADVANCE OF CATASTROPHE AND PLAGUES TO PLEED WITH THE PEOPLE TO SAVE LIVES. Not beat them over the head with twisted words and malice after the fact when they are in unspeakable suffering. I'm so sick of this man.

JUDGE NOT LEST YOU BE JUDGED.

you are correct. Statements like those are extremely foolish.

exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: PAT ROBERTSON IS A FOOL   PAT ROBERTSON IS A FOOL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 4:05 pm

Metallic Blaze wrote:
scottmitchell74 wrote:
It's a shame that someone like Robertson puts such an ugly face on Christianity.

It's a shame that millions of 'religious right-wingers' put such an ugly face on Christianity. Not just Pat. He just represents the masses.

I'm a Christian, but I am not at all affiliated with the religious right.

What a bunch of hypocrites.

I dont think lumping people into the religious right is a just statement though. Painting with such broad strokes gives a bad name to those who actually try to do good.

Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: PAT ROBERTSON IS A FOOL   PAT ROBERTSON IS A FOOL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 4:40 pm

Well why was there a tsunami a few years back? What about New Orleans? I don't know why certain places are destroyed... but isn't it said that in the endtimes there are supposed to be catastrophies?

Last edited by Troublezone on Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PAT ROBERTSON IS A FOOL   PAT ROBERTSON IS A FOOL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 4:41 pm

Why would God do that? Because we are in rebellion against Him. Trouble on this earth is part of the promise of the fall. Do we understand this perfectly? No and I often ask God why. My lack of understanding doesn't weaken my faith, the other choice is that this is all just random chance with no meaning. I keep in mind that God gave us a way out after this life, something He didn't have to do.
I'd like to see Pat weep for those who hurt and use some of his cash to help out.
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: PAT ROBERTSON IS A FOOL   PAT ROBERTSON IS A FOOL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 5:11 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Without this turning into a fight, because that's not my intent here, I have to ask one thing. Why? If Pat Robertson is wrong, why would God do that?

I hope my reply can cover both Pat Robertson's stupid comments and also answer your question Eyesore. I'll first use a Biblical text followed up by what I hope is an adequate explanation:

At that very time there were some present who told him about the Galileans whose blood Pilate had mingled with their sacrifices. He asked them, ‘Do you think that because these Galileans suffered in this way they were worse sinners than all other Galileans? No, I tell you; but unless you repent, you will all perish as they did. Or those eighteen who were killed when the tower of Siloam fell on them—do you think that they were worse offenders than all the others living in Jerusalem? No, I tell you; but unless you repent, you will all perish just as they did. -Luke 13:1-5

In Christ's days, the collapse of the tower of Siloam, whether by accident or sabotage, was believed to be divine justice on sinners (sounds exactly like that Pat Robertson character, right?) Christ denies this suffering was God's judgment; instead, He uses these events as illustrations for those who perish because they will not repent (us, not the people who just suffered). So He brings the focus on repentance to say that these calamities are not God's judgment, but unless each and everyone of us repents, i.e., turns back with a change of heart and mind, we will perish also.

I hope that was sufficient. I also want to say that everything that happens is under God's providence, but natural disasters are not God's judgment on mankind (natural disasters occur everywhere and at all times throughout the world, whether people live there or not, natural tectonic shifts happen!). Haitians are not evil people that God wants to punish because He wants to make them an example, or because wackos like Robertson think their ancestor made a "deal with the devil". That's just foolish.

Last edited by GrandNational on Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:51 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: PAT ROBERTSON IS A FOOL   PAT ROBERTSON IS A FOOL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 7:56 pm

Great response there GN.

I just came from CMR where there are several people who seem to agree with "Rev" Robertson. That mindset totally baffles me. It's refreshing to see an intelligent opinion for a change.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

PostSubject: Re: PAT ROBERTSON IS A FOOL   PAT ROBERTSON IS A FOOL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 8:57 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Great response there GN.

I just came from CMR where there are several people who seem to agree with "Rev" Robertson. That mindset totally baffles me. It's refreshing to see an intelligent opinion for a change.

Thanks Toho. You are more than welcome to use my response at CMR if you think it will help the discussion. I am not part of the CMR forum, and it scares me to think any self-respecting Christian would support Robertson's views. That man scares me. Hypocrisy and hate on display every time he says something.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: PAT ROBERTSON IS A FOOL   PAT ROBERTSON IS A FOOL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 11:30 pm

Jon Stewart of "The Daily Show" pretty well sums up the TV folks (including Pat Robertson) who are using the earthquake story to further their own agendas:

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/thu-january-14-2010/haiti-earthquake-reactions

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: PAT ROBERTSON IS A FOOL   PAT ROBERTSON IS A FOOL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 11:45 pm

...and here, Keith Olberman of MSNBC tells Pat and Rush Limbaugh where to get off..

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: PAT ROBERTSON IS A FOOL   PAT ROBERTSON IS A FOOL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 12:43 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
...and here, Keith Olberman of MSNBC tells Pat and Rush Limbaugh where to get off..

and someone can tell Olberman where to stick it... that man is every bit of an opportunist as Robertson ever was..

Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: PAT ROBERTSON IS A FOOL   PAT ROBERTSON IS A FOOL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 1:33 am

exact33 wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

and someone can tell Olberman where to stick it... that man is every bit of an opportunist as Robertson ever was..

Olbermann is right but I have to agree with Alex, Olbermann LOVES people like limbaugh and Pat Robertson....afterall thats how he makes his money.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: PAT ROBERTSON IS A FOOL   PAT ROBERTSON IS A FOOL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 2:38 am

exact33 wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

i could give a crap about the agendas of opportunists & who comes out on top. fact is, in this particular case, Olbermann is totally correct in his commentary. this was a natural disaster & it's indiscriminate. it cares not, what religion or political party you associate yourself with. it happens when & where it happens. Robertson & Limbaugh were totally callous in their remarks. they deserve to be called out on it.

GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

PostSubject: Re: PAT ROBERTSON IS A FOOL   PAT ROBERTSON IS A FOOL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 4:06 am

mc666 wrote:
i could give a crap about the agendas of opportunists & who comes out on top. fact is, in this particular case, Olbermann is totally correct in his commentary. this was a natural disaster & it's indiscriminate. it cares not, what religion or political party you associate yourself with. it happens when & where it happens. Robertson & Limbaugh were totally callous in their remarks. they deserve to be called out on it.

Great post Monty, I say PAT ROBERTSON IS A FOOL - Page 2 495333 to that.
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

PostSubject: Re: PAT ROBERTSON IS A FOOL   PAT ROBERTSON IS A FOOL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 5:22 am

tohostudios wrote:

I just read a few of those posts on CMR. All I have to say is WOW! Lord Have Mercy. I pray for the people of Haiti. I cannot watch anymore coverage on TV because I feel a pain in my heart every-time I see those children and the collapsed buildings. We have so much to be grateful for in our lives, and we rarely even realize it.
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: PAT ROBERTSON IS A FOOL   PAT ROBERTSON IS A FOOL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 10:32 am

Eyesore wrote:
SpectreFate wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
So if Pat Robertson is wrong, was it God that caused a giant earthquake to hit the biggest city in the poorest nation in this hemisphere?
Yes. But as far as saying that the nation's woes were caused by a pact with the devil, that's a bit absurd and at the very least in bad taste. In that case, Patty is 100% wrong.
Without this turning into a fight, because that's not my intent here, I have to ask one thing.

PAT ROBERTSON IS A FOOL - Page 2 T1larg.haiti.destruction.view.gi

Why? If Pat Robertson is wrong, why would God do that?

God didn't do anything ya know. Some seismic waves were created in the Earth's crust, and there ya have it - an earthquake. PAT ROBERTSON IS A FOOL - Page 2 Icon_razz

But yeah, Robertson is a moron, just like the late great Jerry Falwell was a douche. The guy has made so many nutty remarks I've stopped counting...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PAT ROBERTSON IS A FOOL   PAT ROBERTSON IS A FOOL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 1:16 pm

I hang at the CMR and there are many of us who do not suscribe to Pat's theory. I'm with Toho here.

Toho said at CMR:

Quote :
Pat Robertson is a senile dumbass.

IMO opinion of course.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: PAT ROBERTSON IS A FOOL   PAT ROBERTSON IS A FOOL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 1:27 pm

T-Roy wrote:
I just wanted to be the first to say how sickened I am by what he said as a Christian. Condemning Haiti and saying this earthquake is the result of them being cursed for making a "deal" with the devil.

Mr Robertson, REAL PROPHETS CAME IN ADVANCE OF CATASTROPHE AND PLAGUES TO PLEED WITH THE PEOPLE TO SAVE LIVES. Not beat them over the head with twisted words and malice after the fact when they are in unspeakable suffering. I'm so sick of this man.

JUDGE NOT LEST YOU BE JUDGED.

I went back and read the transcript from the show and watched the segment and I think he might be getting the raw deal. He never said this earthquake was a direct result of the their 'pact'. He said simply said they have seen more than their fair share of disasters when compared to its neighbor, the Dominican Republic.

From the Huffington Post:

"Something happened a long time ago in Haiti, and people might not want to talk about it," he said on Christian Broadcasting Network's "The 700 Club." "They were under the heel of the French. You know, Napoleon III, or whatever. And they got together and swore a pact to the devil. They said, we will serve you if you'll get us free from the French. True story. And so, the devil said, okay it's a deal."

Robertson said that "ever since, they have been cursed by one thing after the other" and he contrasted Haiti with its neighbor, the Dominican Republic.

"That island of Hispaniola is one island. It is cut down the middle; on the one side is Haiti on the other is the Dominican Republic," he said. "Dominican Republic is prosperous, healthy, full of resorts, etc. Haiti is in desperate poverty. Same island. They need to have and we need to pray for them a great turning to god and out of this tragedy I'm optimistic something good may come. But right now we are helping the suffering people and the suffering is unimaginable."

<end>

I dont see where he says that the quake was the God's wrath on the people there. I dont care for Robertson but I think when you actually read and watch the segment - he never said what people are accusing him of.

tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: PAT ROBERTSON IS A FOOL   PAT ROBERTSON IS A FOOL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 4:49 pm

I did watch the video before I posted anything. To me the implication is clear. Haiti has been through all it has because they made a national deal with Satan in order to escape French rule. And making such a statement in the wake of the earthquake clearly infers that it's just the latest in the series of repercussions from that deal.

Sure he doesn't actually say it but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to connect the dots in what he DID say.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: PAT ROBERTSON IS A FOOL   PAT ROBERTSON IS A FOOL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 4:55 pm

I also watched the video of what Pat Robertson said, and I agree with Toho the implication is clear. I have to agree with Keith Obermann 100% in is commentary.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: PAT ROBERTSON IS A FOOL   PAT ROBERTSON IS A FOOL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 5:20 pm

tohostudios wrote:
I did watch the video before I posted anything. To me the implication is clear. Haiti has been through all it has because they made a national deal with Satan in order to escape French rule. And making such a statement in the wake of the earthquake clearly infers that it's just the latest in the series of repercussions from that deal.

Sure he doesn't actually say it but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to connect the dots in what he DID say.

Ditto. The inference is quite clear to me as well. It's like he's saying "Yeah, well, it's a tragedy but hey, THEY made that deal with the devil, so they got what was comin' to 'em."

Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: PAT ROBERTSON IS A FOOL   PAT ROBERTSON IS A FOOL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 8:54 pm

i dont like him or his network but slamming the man for what you think he tried to imply against what he actually said doesnt seem justified to me. Interpretation comes into play and then you have to ask what bias you are reading into the comments.

thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: PAT ROBERTSON IS A FOOL   PAT ROBERTSON IS A FOOL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 10:02 pm

exact33 wrote:
i dont like him or his network but slamming the man for what you think he tried to imply against what he actually said doesnt seem justified to me. Interpretation comes into play and then you have to ask what bias you are reading into the comments.

His comments where still uncalled for, but robertson can;t open his mouth on any event with saying something stupid.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: PAT ROBERTSON IS A FOOL   PAT ROBERTSON IS A FOOL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 10:16 pm

Keef brings teh pwnz on teh tv.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: PAT ROBERTSON IS A FOOL   PAT ROBERTSON IS A FOOL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 10:17 pm

thejokeriv wrote:

I am not a calvinist

Me neither. I'm a Calvin and Hobbes-ist.

PAT ROBERTSON IS A FOOL - Page 2 Calvin_669

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PAT ROBERTSON IS A FOOL   PAT ROBERTSON IS A FOOL - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

PAT ROBERTSON IS A FOOL
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next