Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Airbourne - No Guts, No Glory

Go down 
+25
ZetaReticuli
Metal Misfit
Olafsto
Cliffy
TheGooch
Fat Freddy
Gilbert
MEGATRON
iamrockerfun
Schbopo
Getizzyback
Wargod
Dave the Boss
DallasBlack
rattpoison
Troublezone
Shiney
ultmetal
MetalGuy71
thejokeriv
tohostudios
exact33
scottmitchell74
mr.electric39
Eyesore
29 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

Airbourne - No Guts, No Glory Empty
PostSubject: Airbourne - No Guts, No Glory   Airbourne - No Guts, No Glory Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 11:23 pm

The new Airbourne is one of my most anticipated albums of 2010. I can't wait! The first song from it has been released:

http://www.myspace.com/airbourne

Sounds awesome! headbanger
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: Airbourne - No Guts, No Glory   Airbourne - No Guts, No Glory Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 1:11 am

cheers

Airbourne - No Guts, No Glory 56834

listening to music

Happy

headbanger

GREAT SONG !!!!!!

I loved their last album and this tune is BRILLIANT!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: Airbourne - No Guts, No Glory   Airbourne - No Guts, No Glory Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 7:49 am

Good news. This will be a no-brainer.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Airbourne - No Guts, No Glory   Airbourne - No Guts, No Glory Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 8:11 am

scottmitchell74 wrote:

x2!

tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Airbourne - No Guts, No Glory   Airbourne - No Guts, No Glory Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 8:50 am

exact33 wrote:
scottmitchell74 wrote:

x2!

x3

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Airbourne - No Guts, No Glory   Airbourne - No Guts, No Glory Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 8:58 am

tohostudios wrote:
exact33 wrote:
scottmitchell74 wrote:

x2!

x3

x4
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Airbourne - No Guts, No Glory   Airbourne - No Guts, No Glory Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 9:57 am

Meh. I wasn't exactly blown away by their debut. They're good at what they do and it's nice to hear some good old fashioned rock n roll, but it just didin't grab me for repeated spins. I rekon I'll pass on this new one.

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Airbourne - No Guts, No Glory   Airbourne - No Guts, No Glory Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 10:13 am

I still don't have their debut, though I know I'd probably dig it. I should probably add it to my want list. Anyone have a copy for trade? I can send you my trade list.

I think it sort of irked me a bit that this band was such a sudden buzz band when bands I like better with a similar sound see no notoriety whatsoever. (Broken Teeth, Dirty Looks, Krokus, etc.)

ult

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Airbourne - No Guts, No Glory   Airbourne - No Guts, No Glory Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 10:30 am

I have a weird mental block about bands that have that AC/DC vibe. No matter how good they are and how catchy they might be, whenever I listen to them it makes me say "Why don't I just go listen to AC/DC?"

I don't know what it is about that style of rock n' roll. I listen to tons of other bands that play in the same style, (thrash, prog, whatever) but for instance, if I'm listening to a band that sorta sounds like a Nevermore clone, I can still appreciate that band for what they do.

Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: Airbourne - No Guts, No Glory   Airbourne - No Guts, No Glory Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 10:47 am

Hey, Ult.....I could most likely scare you up a copy of their 1st cd...PM me your tradeable list...... Airbourne - No Guts, No Glory Icon_biggrin

PostSubject: Re: Airbourne - No Guts, No Glory   Airbourne - No Guts, No Glory Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 11:51 am

Quote :
I think it sort of irked me a bit that this band was such a sudden buzz band when bands I like better with a similar sound see no notoriety whatsoever. (Broken Teeth, Dirty Looks, Krokus, etc.)

The label pushed them hard, that's for sure.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Airbourne - No Guts, No Glory   Airbourne - No Guts, No Glory Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 3:01 pm

ultmetal wrote:
I still don't have their debut, though I know I'd probably dig it. I should probably add it to my want list. Anyone have a copy for trade? I can send you my trade list.

ult

Or Johnny Crash or Rhino Bucket.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Airbourne - No Guts, No Glory   Airbourne - No Guts, No Glory Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 4:02 pm

I think they sound great. I still don't have the first one either... They're like a cross between AC/DC and Fastway.
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: Airbourne - No Guts, No Glory   Airbourne - No Guts, No Glory Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 9:38 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Meh. I wasn't exactly blown away by their debut. They're good at what they do and it's nice to hear some good old fashioned rock n roll, but it just didin't grab me for repeated spins. I rekon I'll pass on this new one.

Whenever they roll through town go see them MG. They're a live band first and foremost, to quote a friend "They're f*cking insane" so much energy. The album's just a reminder of how much fun you had seeing them live.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Airbourne - No Guts, No Glory   Airbourne - No Guts, No Glory Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 9:52 pm

I quite liked the first one myself so I might be picking it up.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Airbourne - No Guts, No Glory   Airbourne - No Guts, No Glory Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 11:46 pm

Shiney wrote:
Hey, Ult.....I could most likely scare you up a copy of their 1st cd...PM me your tradeable list...... Airbourne - No Guts, No Glory Icon_biggrin

Will do. Might take me a couple days though as I have to make a new list and I'll be busy for the next couple nights with Ultimatum.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Airbourne - No Guts, No Glory   Airbourne - No Guts, No Glory Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 8:20 am

ultmetal wrote:
Shiney wrote:

Will do. Might take me a couple days though as I have to make a new list and I'll be busy for the next couple nights with Ultimatum.

I'm surprised you don't already have it, you'll like it!
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: Airbourne - No Guts, No Glory   Airbourne - No Guts, No Glory Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 9:11 am

Meh, I like 'em, but why listen to Airbourne when you can listen to AC/DC? A lot of those "retro" bands just don't do it for me.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Airbourne - No Guts, No Glory   Airbourne - No Guts, No Glory Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 10:40 am

rattpoison wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Whenever they roll through town go see them MG. They're a live band first and foremost, to quote a friend "They're f*cking insane" so much energy. The album's just a reminder of how much fun you had seeing them live.

That's always a possibility. It's happened before. I've seen bands that I was "meh" about, then seeing them live changed my opinion. Or vice-versa. And don't get me wrong, I don't dislike Airbourne or their debut album. I just ain't terribly excited about a new release.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Airbourne - No Guts, No Glory   Airbourne - No Guts, No Glory Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 10:48 am

Dave the Boss wrote:
Meh, I like 'em, but why listen to Airbourne when you can listen to AC/DC? A lot of those "retro" bands just don't do it for me.
If it were a new AC/DC album, would you listen to it? Of course you would! That's why you should listen to Airbourne. Do they have a similar sound? Sure do. So what! Kick-ass music is kick-ass music. The whos and whys are irrelevant.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: Airbourne - No Guts, No Glory   Airbourne - No Guts, No Glory Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 11:32 am

rattpoison wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

So true. I saw them in a little bar in Abilene, Tx and they put on a fantastic show. They are made for the bar scene.
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Airbourne - No Guts, No Glory   Airbourne - No Guts, No Glory Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 9:41 pm

Yup love their 1st and their 2nd will be mine!

Wargod50
Back to top Go down
Getizzyback
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Getizzyback

Number of posts : 428

PostSubject: Re: Airbourne - No Guts, No Glory   Airbourne - No Guts, No Glory Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 11:35 pm

Ready To Rock really sounds AC/DCish, but Runnin' Wild has a much better polish to it. Kinda like what would AC/DC sound like in 2010 if Tom Keifer was their singer.......
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Airbourne - No Guts, No Glory   Airbourne - No Guts, No Glory Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 6:12 pm

I loved Runnin' Wild. Looking forward to this.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Airbourne - No Guts, No Glory   Airbourne - No Guts, No Glory Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 8:55 pm

their music to me is fun. Its not hard to find bands that know how to play, put good songs together but these guys ooze fun on the first cd. Makes me enjoy it a lot.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Airbourne - No Guts, No Glory   Airbourne - No Guts, No Glory Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Airbourne - No Guts, No Glory
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next