Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

All the songs on "Appetite" are great but ...

Go down 
+24
7thSaviour
snooloui
Metallic Blaze
James B.
Addy
rattpoison
stevegarveyfan
Fat Freddy
tohostudios
Cliffy
Schbopo
Lurideath
troublemagnet
Smindas
manny
MetalGuy71
Orion Crystal Ice
mr.electric39
thejokeriv
Troublezone
Thrasher73
scottmitchell74
kmorg
Temple of Blood
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

All the songs on "Appetite" are great but ... - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: All the songs on "Appetite" are great but ...   All the songs on "Appetite" are great but ... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 1:57 pm

Troublezone wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
jstate wrote:
I ended up getting Appetite initially due to the trailer for the Clint Eastwood movie The Dead Pool. They used Welcome To The Jungle (without Axl's vocals, it was somebody elses?) and I thought it sounded like such a killer song with that riff.

My cd copy of Appetite still has the little sticker on the jewel case "Featuring the song 'Welcome to the Jungle' from Clint Eastwood's The Dead Pool".

I know I saw the movie years ago, but I didn't know it wasn't Axl's vocals used. Are you sure of that? I know Jim Carey played the roll of the rock star that was murdered. They didn't let him supply the vocals, did they?

I saw the movie in the theater before i even knew who they were. I remember seeing Slash and the Jim Carey scenes...

If I recall, the entire band had a cameo appearance in that movie. They were in the background, no speaking parts or anything.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: All the songs on "Appetite" are great but ...   All the songs on "Appetite" are great but ... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 1:57 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

Hey, that's a good B-movie! All the songs on "Appetite" are great but ... - Page 4 Icon_smile

Oh yeah, it's a good movie, but it's one of the least subtle ripoffs I've ever seen. Richard Harris' character was running around a halfway house for the mentally ill (same as "Nightmare 3: Dream Warriors") killing off people in their sleep and he even had burn scars on his face for cryin' out loud. Wes Craven shoulda sued their hindquarters off.

It's actually a guy named Clayton Harris... the same guy that was the terrorist in Chuck Norris's Invasion USA.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: All the songs on "Appetite" are great but ...   All the songs on "Appetite" are great but ... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 1:59 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

If I recall, the entire band had a cameo appearance in that movie. They were in the background, no speaking parts or anything.

Yea, the GNR guys are in the movie for about two seconds, paying respects at the funeral for the murdered rock star guy.

Troublezone wrote:
It's actually a guy named Clayton Harris... the same guy that was the terrorist in Chuck Norris's Invasion USA.

A quick IMDb scan tells me that you are correct. "Harris" was the name of the character, and he was played by Richard Lynch. I got the actor/character names messed up. Color me embarrassed. All the songs on "Appetite" are great but ... - Page 4 Icon_redface

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: All the songs on "Appetite" are great but ...   All the songs on "Appetite" are great but ... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 2:04 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Yea, the GNR guys are in the movie for about two seconds, paying respects at the funeral for the murdered rock star guy.

Troublezone wrote:

A quick IMDb scan tells me that you are correct. "Harris" was the name of the character, and he was played by Richard Lynch. I got the actor/character names messed up. Color me embarrassed. All the songs on "Appetite" are great but ... - Page 4 Icon_redface

He does look a little like the actor Dick Harris. All the songs on "Appetite" are great but ... - Page 4 Icon_smile
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: All the songs on "Appetite" are great but ...   All the songs on "Appetite" are great but ... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 2:09 pm

Here's a clip of various metal/rock stars in movie cameos. It's a little long (almost 10 minutes), but GnR is in the first minute or 2. Worth watching till the end to see Steve Vai tearing it up against the Karate Kid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dY2NoXkaLdU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=feHmiwsv86k&feature=related

PS the term "cameo" is pretty loosely defined here. Dee Snider's role in Strangeland was hardly a cameo, but you get the idea.

PostSubject: Re: All the songs on "Appetite" are great but ...   All the songs on "Appetite" are great but ... - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

All the songs on "Appetite" are great but ...
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4