Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

All the songs on "Appetite" are great but ...

Go down 
+24
7thSaviour
snooloui
Metallic Blaze
James B.
Addy
rattpoison
stevegarveyfan
Fat Freddy
tohostudios
Cliffy
Schbopo
Lurideath
troublemagnet
Smindas
manny
MetalGuy71
Orion Crystal Ice
mr.electric39
thejokeriv
Troublezone
Thrasher73
scottmitchell74
kmorg
Temple of Blood
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Cliffy
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Cliffy

Number of posts : 415

All the songs on "Appetite" are great but ... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: All the songs on "Appetite" are great but ...   All the songs on "Appetite" are great but ... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 7:42 pm

This thread is just crazy talk. There's a reason Appetite For Destruction is the fastest selling debut album in history.

33 million records sold as of October 2008.

tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: All the songs on "Appetite" are great but ...   All the songs on "Appetite" are great but ... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 7:44 pm

Cliffy wrote:
This thread is just crazy talk. There's a reason Appetite For Destruction is the fastest selling debut album in history.

I agree.

I find Axl's cat-in-a-toaster voice extremely annoying but somehow it works on this album. One of my favorites from the 80s.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: All the songs on "Appetite" are great but ...   All the songs on "Appetite" are great but ... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 7:47 pm

Well Kreator was never pushed on anyone like GnR was with them being on MTV every 10 minutes, the radio every 10 minutes, the media and all that. So no!
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: All the songs on "Appetite" are great but ...   All the songs on "Appetite" are great but ... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 8:25 pm

Lurideath wrote:
Well Kreator was never pushed on anyone like GnR was with them being on MTV every 10 minutes, the radio every 10 minutes, the media and all that. So no!

But what if they were? Then all of a sudden you'd hate them because they were overexposed...
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: All the songs on "Appetite" are great but ...   All the songs on "Appetite" are great but ... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 9:45 pm

KREATOR were nowhere near as good as GnR in their prime.
Back to top Go down
Cliffy
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Cliffy

Number of posts : 415

PostSubject: Re: All the songs on "Appetite" are great but ...   All the songs on "Appetite" are great but ... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 10:08 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:

Temple of Blood and I finally have a meeting of the minds!

Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: All the songs on "Appetite" are great but ...   All the songs on "Appetite" are great but ... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 10:16 pm

I got no problem with APPETITE as-is. It's one of those records that is simply un-f*ck-withable. As hard rock debuts go it's right up there with the debuts by the Ramones and KISS as far as I'm concerned.

If that makes any sense.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
stevegarveyfan
Metal master
Metal master
stevegarveyfan

Number of posts : 613

PostSubject: Re: All the songs on "Appetite" are great but ...   All the songs on "Appetite" are great but ... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 12:34 am

I love the album, but I listen to only the radio hits, because they're the only songs that are fairly clean, without all the tasteless cursing, etc. Otherwise almost a perfect album.
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: All the songs on "Appetite" are great but ...   All the songs on "Appetite" are great but ... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 1:55 am

It's funny those mindless sheep, for once they the bought the "Real Thing". You know like that little "Nevermind" record some 4 years later. Records like those are oasis amongst the crap, giving hope to sh*tkickers everywhere who have something cool and original up their musical sleeves.

As for the length, they could have chucked on the Appetite era B-Side "Shadow Of Your Love" on there aswell. Like a back alley knife fight between Nazareth and the Sex Pistols i tell ya, great tune.
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: All the songs on "Appetite" are great but ...   All the songs on "Appetite" are great but ... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 6:08 am

Yeah, 'Shadow Of Your Love's omission has always bugged me too. Great track, certainly worth more than a B-side.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: All the songs on "Appetite" are great but ...   All the songs on "Appetite" are great but ... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 8:37 am

I thought Shadow of Your Love was Horrible It would have been the one track on Appetite I didnt like if It was on the album

Appetite the way it is IMO is perfect 10/10

Nighttrain, Think About You, Rocket Queen all awesome songs

I also like Nevermind when the mood calls for it....
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: All the songs on "Appetite" are great but ...   All the songs on "Appetite" are great but ... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 4:37 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:

That's what i'm sayin'... Don't hate it because it's popular. I think it was one of the best debuts in rock history.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: All the songs on "Appetite" are great but ...   All the songs on "Appetite" are great but ... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 4:41 pm

Quote :
Like a back alley knife fight between Nazareth and the Sex Pistols i tell ya, great tune.

Pure poetry! All the songs on "Appetite" are great but ... - Page 2 Icon_lol
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: All the songs on "Appetite" are great but ...   All the songs on "Appetite" are great but ... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 7:22 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
They also used to cover 'Knockin on Heaven's Door' back in the club days long before they recorded it for UYI. It was usually dedicated to friend of the band and then-bassist of Jetboy Todd Crew who overdosed and died.

They covered alot of songs back in those days. Most of the sets they played when this line up solidified were less than half originals. I liked the Axl fronted version of LA Guns better than either Hollywood Rose or the erly version of G n R with Traci.

I still like to listen to this lp from time to time. The nostalgia and the memories of being in So. Calif back then makes one smile. Sure havin to look too hard to see if it was a chick or not got pretty lame. I prefered the more underground scene over what The Strip had to offer. Still it was fun. Live music does wonders for the mind body and soul. I auditioned for alot of bands but never got that big break. Perhaps mostly due to my reluctance of being into that effeminant image more than my playing ability ?

PostSubject: Re: All the songs on "Appetite" are great but ...   All the songs on "Appetite" are great but ... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 8:03 pm

Guns N Roses was, and will ever be (IMO), one of the most overrated bands in Rock history.

Yawn.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: All the songs on "Appetite" are great but ...   All the songs on "Appetite" are great but ... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 8:13 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Guns N Roses was, and will ever be (IMO), one of the most overrated bands in Rock history.

Yawn.

When I was younger I loved GNR big big big fan, I still like the UYI, Lies and Appetite along with TSI, but not like i did in my youth, guess just gettin older or something or maybe my tastes matured

Over-rated? Possibly or they were just at the right place at the right time, they do have the highest selling debut album and it launched careers of both Slash and Duff, I think if Axl wasnt such a Prima Dona I think they would have been even better. Well Axl and the drug use of the other members
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: All the songs on "Appetite" are great but ...   All the songs on "Appetite" are great but ... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 8:15 pm

I just never saw the big deal...
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: All the songs on "Appetite" are great but ...   All the songs on "Appetite" are great but ... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 8:19 pm

During the heyday of Appetite I wasnt even listening to them, Stryper dominated my walkman heh It wasnt till I was a senior in HS (1992) that i really really got into GNR
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: All the songs on "Appetite" are great but ...   All the songs on "Appetite" are great but ... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 8:20 pm

My brother played AFD incessantly in the Summer of 88...never liked it.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: All the songs on "Appetite" are great but ...   All the songs on "Appetite" are great but ... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 8:22 pm

Almost sounds like me when it comes to Kings X, I never saw the big deal and it got played Incessantly to the point i didnt want to hang out with my cousin and a mutual friend cuz it got played to death
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: All the songs on "Appetite" are great but ...   All the songs on "Appetite" are great but ... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 8:26 pm

He didn't burn me out on it...I just never thought it was all that big a deal...nothing about it made me a fan. It's like anything else...the fans go all "ooh, aah" over it and the non-fans go "meh".
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: All the songs on "Appetite" are great but ...   All the songs on "Appetite" are great but ... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 8:29 pm

I said almost Wink I know what you're saying Smile funny thing is when GNR was going down hill I thought i was never gonna get into another band like i did with GNR.

with Kings X that was my reaction was eh, with me normally if i am hearing a band for the first time, most of the time im like eh ok, and if one song hooks me then i start warming to the band, theres a few that blew me away when i first heard them, Ace Frehley, Deliverance come to mind. Even today for Kings X Im just meh
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: All the songs on "Appetite" are great but ...   All the songs on "Appetite" are great but ... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 8:56 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
... don't you think this album is a bit too long?

They should've saved 3 of those songs for the UYI discs, which could've used some stronger tracks IMHO.

No.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: All the songs on "Appetite" are great but ...   All the songs on "Appetite" are great but ... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 8:29 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:

Shawn.

Fixed tht fo you. You really should learn how to spell you name correct. Evil or Very Mad

lol!

Metal master
Metal master
snooloui

Number of posts : 913

PostSubject: Re: All the songs on "Appetite" are great but ...   All the songs on "Appetite" are great but ... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 8:36 am

Cliffy wrote:

The reason is, as already mentioned, it was promoted loads and still gets loads of radio/mtv play. Just because something is popular doesn't mean it's good. Some of the songs are good, but it's not exactly the best album ever.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: All the songs on "Appetite" are great but ...   All the songs on "Appetite" are great but ... - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

All the songs on "Appetite" are great but ...
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next