Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

W.E.T. featuring Jeff Scott Soto

Go down 
+8
akeldama
7thSaviour
Metallic Blaze
Metal Misfit
Schbopo
powermacho
Eyesore
MetalRob331
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

W.E.T. featuring Jeff Scott Soto Empty
PostSubject: W.E.T. featuring Jeff Scott Soto   W.E.T. featuring Jeff Scott Soto Icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2009 10:13 am

I just recieved this album from a friend and didnt even know Jeff Scott Soto sang on this release or I would have had this already. Anyone have this melodic rock masterpiece? Songs are well crafted with great production and Soto sounds amazing as always. This might have to replace an album on my top 20 of 09...

Can't stop pimping that thing.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: W.E.T. featuring Jeff Scott Soto   W.E.T. featuring Jeff Scott Soto Icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 11:46 am

I still haven't picked up WET yet. I want to though.
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

PostSubject: Re: W.E.T. featuring Jeff Scott Soto   W.E.T. featuring Jeff Scott Soto Icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 2:36 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Very good CD, but it sure ain't perfect. I'd give it a 7/10.
I think it is. What would you consider the perfect AOR CD?
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: W.E.T. featuring Jeff Scott Soto   W.E.T. featuring Jeff Scott Soto Icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 3:14 pm

I would give this album a 8.5/10 its pretty amazing if you as me...
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: W.E.T. featuring Jeff Scott Soto   W.E.T. featuring Jeff Scott Soto Icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 4:08 pm

Now Is The Hour is a good album EYE. It doesnt have the hooks and power of WET. It has some gems but comes off too sappy to me... Light of my world and Path of least resistence would be my favs from that album...
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: W.E.T. featuring Jeff Scott Soto   W.E.T. featuring Jeff Scott Soto Icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 4:51 pm

Ooh, great song. Strange band name. Jeff has the Kravitz going on in the video.

Ahh...don't even have the latest Praying Mantis yet and I kind of want this too. Guess I will beef up my melodic hard rock/AOR stuff soon in the future..
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: W.E.T. featuring Jeff Scott Soto   W.E.T. featuring Jeff Scott Soto Icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 10:30 pm

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
Guess I will beef up my melodic hard rock/AOR stuff soon in the future..

I've been on a quest to beef mine up for the past few years. So far I am really liking Brother Firetribe the best of this genre.

Every time I want to get a new AOR album, something else that is power metal comes out just in the nick of time! Haha! So it's taking me a while to beef up my AOR section for sure.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: W.E.T. featuring Jeff Scott Soto   W.E.T. featuring Jeff Scott Soto Icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 10:51 pm

The Places Of Power record is quite good...but W.E.T. beats it, IMO...
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: W.E.T. featuring Jeff Scott Soto   W.E.T. featuring Jeff Scott Soto Icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 10:53 pm

Wasn't much digging the Places of Power song..
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: W.E.T. featuring Jeff Scott Soto   W.E.T. featuring Jeff Scott Soto Icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 4:33 pm

MetalRob331 wrote:
Now Is The Hour is a good album EYE. It doesnt have the hooks and power of WET. It has some gems but comes off too sappy to me... Light of my world and Path of least resistence would be my favs from that album...
See, I think W.E.T. lacks quality hooks. Some are there, but overall many of the songs lack a really memorable hook. Places of Power have them all over that album.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: W.E.T. featuring Jeff Scott Soto   W.E.T. featuring Jeff Scott Soto Icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 5:09 pm

Eyesore wrote:
MetalRob331 wrote:
See, I think W.E.T. lacks quality hooks. Some are there, but overall many of the songs lack a really memorable hook. Places of Power have them all over that album.

I guess we can say when both bands are on they are really on. With WET their strongest songs stuck in me more then say a band like Places of Power at their strongest moments. The song Comes Down Like Rain blows my mind from WET and man does Soto sound amazing on that record. Brothers in Arms and One Love all live inside my head after listening. I really do like that Places of Power album though...
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: W.E.T. featuring Jeff Scott Soto   W.E.T. featuring Jeff Scott Soto Icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 5:49 pm

Hey, I dig both albums, so no complaints from me, really.

Have you heard Stan Bush, the dude that did the old Transformers theme in the 80s? He did a newer theme, too:

Rocks! I only own the album it comes from, In This Life, but it's pretty damn good AOR.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: W.E.T. featuring Jeff Scott Soto   W.E.T. featuring Jeff Scott Soto Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

W.E.T. featuring Jeff Scott Soto
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next