Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Steven Tyler enters rehab

Go down 
+11
MEGATRON
MetalGuy71
mez
Addy
Gilbert
nevermore
ohwellmonkey
jerseyultifan+
manny
Lurideath
thejokeriv
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

Steven Tyler enters rehab Empty
PostSubject: Steven Tyler enters rehab   Steven Tyler enters rehab Icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 2:29 pm

Steven Tyler in rehab for painkiller addiction

Dec 23, 11:38 AM (ET)

LOS ANGELES (AP) - Steven Tyler has entered a rehabilitation facility to treat an addiction to painkillers the Aerosmith frontman has taken to cope with 10 years of performance injuries.
Tyler said he's eager to return to work with his band mates.
"I love Aerosmith; I love performing as the lead singer in Aerosmith. I am grateful for all of the support and love I am receiving and am committed to getting things taken care of," the 61-year-old rocker said in a statement released Tuesday.
The band canceled a summer tour in August after Tyler fell off the stage during a performance in South Dakota and broke his left shoulder.

Dr. Brian McKeon, who is treating Tyler, said in a statement that orthopedic injuries over the past decade have left the singer with severe chronic pain that will require surgeries on his knees and feet.
Tyler checked into rehab last year to recover from several foot surgeries and physical therapy. Tyler said the procedures were to correct longtime foot injuries resulting from his physical performances with Aerosmith.
The singer for the blues-rock band was known for heavy drug and alcohol abuse in the 1970s and early 1980s, but completed rehabilitation in 1986, after which Aerosmith enjoyed a successful revival
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Steven Tyler enters rehab   Steven Tyler enters rehab Icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 2:29 pm

Not a big surprise at all.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3892

PostSubject: Re: Steven Tyler enters rehab   Steven Tyler enters rehab Icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 2:37 pm

I don't care a lot for Aerosmith, a few real good songs here and there. I understand their importance in music in general. I guess it's pretty obvious though that Steven obviously has an addictive personality. Anything he takes, he's addicted. That sucks, but this guy does have to get back to his right frame of mind again.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Steven Tyler enters rehab   Steven Tyler enters rehab Icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 4:52 pm

I am glad he is getting help. At 61 years old, he is way too old too go back to living on the edge, who does Steven Tyler think he is, Keith Richards?
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Steven Tyler enters rehab   Steven Tyler enters rehab Icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 5:01 pm

manny wrote:
I am glad he is getting help. At 61 years old, he is way too old too go back to living on the edge, who does Steven Tyler think he is, Keith Richards?
Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
jerseyultifan+
Metal master
Metal master
jerseyultifan+

Number of posts : 626

PostSubject: Re: Steven Tyler enters rehab   Steven Tyler enters rehab Icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 5:07 pm

Lurideath wrote:
I don't care a lot for Aerosmith, a few real good songs here and there. I understand their importance in music in general. I guess it's pretty obvious though that Steven obviously has an addictive personality. Anything he takes, he's addicted. That sucks, but this guy does have to get back to his right frame of mind again.

its just not a problem w/ celebrities..i am on prescription narcotics because of my constant/severe pain everyday!! it is very easy to become addicted when the pain is so severe.doctors make these drugs very available and seem to use them as a cure all. i am not defending steven tyler but,just saying i know how he feels.just a very thin line to cross to the over use.i am glad he is gettin the help he needs.hopefully too,he will go to an orthopedic surgeon who can help with the injuries and then perhaps realize the danger of not only the drugs but,the alcoholism as well.praying for you steven!
Back to top Go down
http://www.roweproductions.com
ohwellmonkey
Metal student
Metal student
ohwellmonkey

Number of posts : 118

PostSubject: Re: Steven Tyler enters rehab   Steven Tyler enters rehab Icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 5:09 pm

they should just let it go. on a high note and not come back. and save us all.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Steven Tyler enters rehab   Steven Tyler enters rehab Icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 5:13 pm

ohwellmonkey wrote:
they should just let it go. on a high note .

That what Steven was doing!!!!!
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25871

PostSubject: Re: Steven Tyler enters rehab   Steven Tyler enters rehab Icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 6:15 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
ohwellmonkey wrote:
they should just let it go. on a high note .

That what Steven was doing!!!!!

Steven Tyler enters rehab Lol
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9885

PostSubject: Re: Steven Tyler enters rehab   Steven Tyler enters rehab Icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2009 8:59 am

Great singer. Among the best Steven Tyler enters rehab 591800
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Steven Tyler enters rehab   Steven Tyler enters rehab Icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2009 9:01 am

I agree 110% with Gilbert
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
mez
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
mez

Number of posts : 375

PostSubject: Re: Steven Tyler enters rehab   Steven Tyler enters rehab Icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2009 11:45 am

So is this him back peddling? I read he recently fired his management (again) and now he enters rehab. So is it he has discovered his errors and is trying to mend his mistakes, and wants back in with Aerosmith or is this just another "hit rock bottom" and when he sobers up he will go all egotistical again?

Im hoping he clears his head and makes it back to good health, and patches up his friendships. Lets get some good ole fashion Aerosmith back while we can, then hang it up. No more drama...drugs...or break ups. Get back in the studio, make a few more albums and then relax and enjoy the mark you made in music and many fans.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Steven Tyler enters rehab   Steven Tyler enters rehab Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 10:35 am

Thought this was interesting...

Quote :
AEROSMITH frontman Steven Tyler told Rolling Stone magazine in a new interview that during the band's ill-fated attempt to cut a new album with producer Brendan O'Brien a couple years back [2008], he did drugs with guitarist Joe Perry for the first time in years. "It was just like 30 years before," Tyler said. "I whipped out mine, he whipped out his and we got high together again. I say to Joe, 'Wow, man, how you been, it's been, what, 17 years since we got high together? Joe, you've been f*cking running away from me ever since.' "

He added, "Joe was high and he couldn't play. I couldn't sing, really, because I was snorting everything, and it f*cks up your throat. It was the wrong time."

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: Steven Tyler enters rehab   Steven Tyler enters rehab Icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 8:59 pm

all I can say is WTF
Back to top Go down
MEGATRON
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
MEGATRON

Number of posts : 364

PostSubject: Re: Steven Tyler enters rehab   Steven Tyler enters rehab Icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 3:00 am

I think he's talking rubbish.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Steven Tyler enters rehab   Steven Tyler enters rehab Icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 9:04 am

I hate to say it sounds like bullsh!t to me, but then I have no idea what would motive Steven Tyler to make up a story like that, and if it is true I do not know why you would not share this stupid story to the press, these guys need to follow Frank Zappa's advise, shut up and play your guitar.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Steven Tyler enters rehab   Steven Tyler enters rehab Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 10:52 am

manny wrote:
I hate to say it sounds like bullsh!t to me, but then I have no idea what would motive Steven Tyler to make up a story like that, and if it is true I do not know why you would not share this stupid story to the press, these guys need to follow Frank Zappa's advise, shut up and play your guitar.

Ditto. If I were Joe, I'd be pretty pissed at Steven for "outing" him like that in the press. Considdering their past, I'm not completely surprised if one or both have fallen off the wagon at some point, but it's not right for Steven to blab about it.

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Ricky

Number of posts : 255

PostSubject: Re: Steven Tyler enters rehab   Steven Tyler enters rehab Icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 9:48 pm

I think Steven thinks to highly of himself..
Back to top Go down
bassman
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bassman

Number of posts : 1939

PostSubject: Re: Steven Tyler enters rehab   Steven Tyler enters rehab Icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 10:58 pm

Shouldn't they just hold a spot for him in rehab? I mean, sure, he'll get out, but he'll be right back.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Steven Tyler enters rehab   Steven Tyler enters rehab Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 8:38 am

Heard and saw his new single on American Idol, it sounds like an outtake from 'Just Push Play' album, ok song I suppose but not very memorable.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: Steven Tyler enters rehab   Steven Tyler enters rehab Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 10:19 am

I liked it, but it does lack something Oh wait It lacks Aerosmith lol
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Steven Tyler enters rehab   Steven Tyler enters rehab Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 11:28 am

Well, I suppose it's slightly better than that new Queensryche track. Rolling Eyes Let's hope a new Aerosmith album is better than this drivel. Speaking of Aerosmith...

Quote :
According to BostonHerald.com, AEROSMITH's managers have yet to sign on to have the band perform on the season finale of "American Idol" — despite singer Steven Tyler's insistence to the contrary.

Tyler, who is one of the judges on the current season of "Idol", told Billboard.com the other day that he will reunite with his bandmates May 25, the grand finale of this season's Fox TV singing contest.

"Oh, yeah, we're playing the last show of the season." Tyler said. "It was always my intention, always, to get AEROSMITH on the show. I mean, Joe's [Perry, guitar] done it. I'm ready for it. I would love to play with AEROSMITH."

Perry told BostonHerald.com back in March that he wasn't opposed to playing on the show but it had to "make sense for the band." "If it doesn't conflict with anything on the calendar, sure, I'd do it, but if it does, then it's not going to happen," said Joe.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37645

PostSubject: Re: Steven Tyler enters rehab   Steven Tyler enters rehab Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 11:47 am

Wouldnt' surprise me to see Aerosmith turn up on the AI finale. After all, J-Lo got to perform her new single live on the show a week or two ago, so it's just a matter of time till Steven gets his turn.

Saw the "world premiere" of Steven's video last night and it did nothin' for me.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Steven Tyler enters rehab   Steven Tyler enters rehab Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 12:00 pm

As much as it pains me to say it, Aerosmith would be dumb not to appear on AI.

While the damage is pretty much done amongst longtime fans, a performance on American Idol would shoot their record sales, (well downloads anyway), through the roof. Remember how their sales jumped at the beginning of the season when it was just Steven's ugly mug on tv? The whole band would raise their profile and make them appear relevent again, if even for a brief moment.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Steven Tyler enters rehab   Steven Tyler enters rehab Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 12:06 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

Well, I suppose it's slightly better than that new Queensryche track. Rolling Eyes Let's hope a new Aerosmith album is better than this drivel. Speaking of Aerosmith...

Quote :
According to BostonHerald.com, AEROSMITH's managers have yet to sign on to have the band perform on the season finale of "American Idol" — despite singer Steven Tyler's insistence to the contrary.

Tyler, who is one of the judges on the current season of "Idol", told Billboard.com the other day that he will reunite with his bandmates May 25, the grand finale of this season's Fox TV singing contest.

"Oh, yeah, we're playing the last show of the season." Tyler said. "It was always my intention, always, to get AEROSMITH on the show. I mean, Joe's [Perry, guitar] done it. I'm ready for it. I would love to play with AEROSMITH."

Perry told BostonHerald.com back in March that he wasn't opposed to playing on the show but it had to "make sense for the band." "If it doesn't conflict with anything on the calendar, sure, I'd do it, but if it does, then it's not going to happen," said Joe.

Not impressed at all!!! Tyler seems to becoming a joke much like Ozzy these days
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steven Tyler enters rehab   Steven Tyler enters rehab Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Steven Tyler enters rehab
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next