Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Scott Ian's "Speaking Words" Tour

Go down 
+4
Boris2008
Dark Horseman
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
8 posters
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Scott Ian's "Speaking Words" Tour Empty
PostSubject: Scott Ian's "Speaking Words" Tour   Scott Ian's "Speaking Words" Tour Icon_minitimeFri Jan 17, 2014 12:06 pm

Scott Ian's "Speaking Words" Tour P18cbnlajauq79a4d98hka5jt41

Anthrax guitarist Scott Ian flew over to the U.K. earlier this year for his one-man ‘Speaking Words’ tour. After a successful run overseas, Ian is bringing his spoken-word show to North America.

Inspired by Black Flag / Rollins Band vocalist Henry Rollins, Ian performed his first ‘Speaking Words’ show in May. Fans of Anthrax in the U.K. were entertained by the life and times of Scott Ian, so it comes as great news that the thrash titan will open himself up to North American audiences.

“The last 32 years of my life spent in a metal band; I’ve got so many stories,” says Ian, “whether it’s s–t that I’ve done, people that I’ve met, stories that I know from other people … I’ve kinda been in this bubble for so long. I sit around in bars with my friends and I’ll get around to telling stories, as we all do, and most of my friends are in this industry or connected to it somehow, so we all have stories and we all sit down and tell stories to each other and crack each other up.”

Ian continues, “I always felt that people need to hear this stuff. This s–t is hilarious. It’s just a really fun thing for me to do, to relate to people on that level. That’s what it is. That’s what the material is; it’s s–t that I have been through in my life.”

Check out Scott Ian’s new North American ‘Speaking Words‘ tour dates below!

Scott Ian ‘Speaking Words’ North American Dates:

02/20 – Chicago, Ill. @ Maynestage
02/21 – Detroit, Mich. @ Token Lounge
02/25 – Toronto, Ontario @ El Mocambo
02/26 – Kingston, Ontario @ Masion
02/27 – Ottawa, Ontario @ Ritual
03/01 – Annapolis, Md. @ Rams Head
03/02 – Philadelphia, Pa. @ World
03/05 – New York, N.Y. @ BB King’s

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Scott Ian's "Speaking Words" Tour   Scott Ian's "Speaking Words" Tour Icon_minitimeFri Jan 17, 2014 12:07 pm

Call me crazy, but I'd like to see this. I think it could be interesting. I've seen Henry Rollins do it, so why not?

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Scott Ian's "Speaking Words" Tour   Scott Ian's "Speaking Words" Tour Icon_minitimeFri Jan 17, 2014 12:33 pm

Yeah, it might be fun. I'd go see this too. Scott always seems to be a pretty funny guy when he turns up as a commentator in stuff like "I Love the 80s."

I've never seen a Rollins spoken word gig, but my brother went to one some years ago and said it was a great time.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Scott Ian's "Speaking Words" Tour   Scott Ian's "Speaking Words" Tour Icon_minitimeFri Jan 17, 2014 12:38 pm

Ian continues, “I always felt that people need to hear this stuff. wrote:

For a small fee of course.  Razz 
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Scott Ian's "Speaking Words" Tour   Scott Ian's "Speaking Words" Tour Icon_minitimeFri Jan 17, 2014 1:55 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:

For a small fee of course.  Razz 

Well, duh. If I wanted to hear it for free, I could follow him on Twitter.  Razz 

I actually got past the first (and biggest) obstacle. I threw this idea out to my wife who actually agreed to go with me. I'm shocked.

I guess the VH-1 connection worked because while she couldn't name a single Anthrax song or album, she knows who he is. It's probably more of just her getting a night out without the kids, but whatever. I'm taking it. Now to find coverage for said rugrats.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Scott Ian's "Speaking Words" Tour   Scott Ian's "Speaking Words" Tour Icon_minitimeFri Jan 17, 2014 1:58 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Yeah, it might be fun. I'd go see this too. Scott always seems to be a pretty funny guy when he turns up as a commentator in stuff like "I Love the 80s."  

I've never seen a Rollins spoken word gig, but my brother went to one some years ago and said it was a great time.

When I saw him a few years ago, he spoke for over 2 hours straight and it was never boring or long winded. He was intelligent and funny. I enjoyed it very much.

Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Scott Ian's "Speaking Words" Tour   Scott Ian's "Speaking Words" Tour Icon_minitimeFri Jan 17, 2014 6:13 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

When I saw him a few years ago, he spoke for over 2 hours straight and it was never boring or long winded. He was intelligent and funny. I enjoyed it very much.

I've seen Rollins & Jello Biafra do spoken word stuff and they were great (particularly Henry who really is great at it) I'm not sure that I like Scott Ian that much, but I do remember him being really funny in a very dry way on that bizarre Supergroup show.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Scott Ian's "Speaking Words" Tour   Scott Ian's "Speaking Words" Tour Icon_minitimeFri Jan 17, 2014 9:26 pm

I would love to see this but no performance close to me. I've caught 2 spoken word performances by Henry Rollins and each show was so good!!
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Scott Ian's "Speaking Words" Tour   Scott Ian's "Speaking Words" Tour Icon_minitimeSat Jan 18, 2014 9:52 am

If his story on the Lemmy doc about the short shorts is any indication this would be a can't miss show. Dude seems like an entertaining story teller. I won't mind if these spoken word things took off and became a new "big thing".
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Scott Ian's "Speaking Words" Tour   Scott Ian's "Speaking Words" Tour Icon_minitimeSat Jan 18, 2014 10:09 am

I'm amazed that Gene Simmons hasn't done one. I mean, a paycheck, plus he gets to listen to the sound of his own voice night after night. I don't think he'll be able to resist much longer!  Laughing very hard 
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Scott Ian's "Speaking Words" Tour   Scott Ian's "Speaking Words" Tour Icon_minitimeSat Jan 18, 2014 10:12 am

Good call on that!^^^^^

Won't be long now I'm sure.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Scott Ian's "Speaking Words" Tour   Scott Ian's "Speaking Words" Tour Icon_minitimeSat Jan 18, 2014 11:06 am

Gene released a spoken word album called "Speaking in Tongues" (I think) about ten years ago. It was taped during a string of speaking engagements he did in Australia.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Scott Ian's "Speaking Words" Tour   Scott Ian's "Speaking Words" Tour Icon_minitimeSat Jan 18, 2014 11:53 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Gene released a spoken word album called "Speaking in Tongues" (I think) about ten years ago. It was taped during a string of speaking engagements he did in Australia.

Haha! Knew he wouldn't be able to resist!  lol! 
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Scott Ian's "Speaking Words" Tour   Scott Ian's "Speaking Words" Tour Icon_minitimeSun Jan 19, 2014 8:37 pm

Ill pass
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Scott Ian's "Speaking Words" Tour   Scott Ian's "Speaking Words" Tour Icon_minitimeSun Jan 19, 2014 9:40 pm

He's not "speaking words" anywhere near where I live.  Razz 

Although I would probably go, (if the ticket price wasn't too much).
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Scott Ian's "Speaking Words" Tour   Scott Ian's "Speaking Words" Tour Icon_minitimeMon Jan 20, 2014 9:46 am

Tickets for the Philly show were only $25. I don't get out much these days, so I'll give him a go. Should be interesting.

Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Scott Ian's "Speaking Words" Tour   Scott Ian's "Speaking Words" Tour Icon_minitimeSat Feb 22, 2014 5:37 pm

Scott Ian is trying to do a PledgeMusic campaign for a DVD of his Glasgow gig. It's not going brilliantly (19% after two weeks) so if you fancy this, show him some support.

http://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/scottian
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Scott Ian's "Speaking Words" Tour   Scott Ian's "Speaking Words" Tour Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Scott Ian's "Speaking Words" Tour
Page 1 of 1